Chene

Marriage question

29 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Chene said:

going to need to dig up some school records

The more proof you have the better. The following experience is through the embassy in Germany:

"I had to prove my physical presence in the US. I did spend a lot of time as a child and teenager abroad through my parents work. I brought school records, doctors bills, pay stubs from my parents while employed in the US, business documents of my company, tax returns, my wives green card process which was done in the US(!) - but - all this and much more wasn't enough to satisfy the consular officer. We were dumbstruck by how we were treated and that the amount of evidence didn't accumulate to 5+ years (for them). Our application was denied! If you do this process, be sure to show them at least 10+ years of evidence, since they bump off a certain amount of months for each year."

Edited by HRQX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

It is ultimately your choice, I would strongly advice you to go for CR1. You will avoid a lot of the pitfalls that come with K1 i.e. AOS and ROC and plus it is cheaper and your spouse becomes a permanent resident immediately.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, Chene said:

Does anyone know if us embassy in Dominican republic allow joint sponser for cr1?

Joint sponsor for affidavit of support is embassy independent.  Anyone applying for CR1 can get a joint sponsor if their own income does not meet the minimum.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chene said:

Just read about crba.seems like a hassle 👀. Do online purchases from eBay, Amazon,etc count? Since they delivered to the house.

? ? Are you trying to prove your US residency ?

You were born in the US, correct? 

Have you spent substantial time outside of the US?

Edited by Luckycuds

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Timeline
14 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

? ? Are you trying to prove your US residency ?

You were born in the US, correct? 

Have you spent substantial time outside of the US?

Yea I am preparing for crba form.yea born in USA.in a couple of days it'll be 40 years😁 in 2018/2019 I was in Haiti for 3 months.2017 in Dr 13 days.2018 Dr about 10 days.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Chene said:

Yea I am preparing for crba form.yea born in USA.in a couple of days it'll be 40 years😁 in 2018/2019 I was in Haiti for 3 months.2017 in Dr 13 days.2018 Dr about 10 days.

You are fine regarding residency for the CRBA. I helped our cousin with his in Haiti and it went smooth. 
This is specific Requirement for the DR

https://do.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/281/CRBA-CHECKLIST-English-MAR-2019.docx

Your passport/birth certificate and last 2 years tax returns/w2 statements should do regarding the residency requirement.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Filed: Timeline
4 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

You are fine regarding residency for the CRBA. I helped our cousin with his in Haiti and it went smooth. 
This is specific Requirement for the DR

https://do.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/281/CRBA-CHECKLIST-English-MAR-2019.docx

Your passport/birth certificate and last 2 years tax returns/w2 statements should do regarding the residency requirement.

Oh wow it's a bit complicated.we have family business and they pay me in cash.the only thing I can think of is just online purchases with my bank plus maybe call the schools I been to to see if they have records of me attending there 🤔

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chene said:

Oh wow it's a bit complicated.we have family business and they pay me in cash.the only thing I can think of is just online purchases with my bank plus maybe call the schools I been to to see if they have records of me attending there 🤔

Are you saying that you’re not filing taxes in the US at all?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Chene said:

online purchases with your bank is not what they are looking for; it doesn’t show residency in the US. Anyone in the world can use a credit or debit card and get packages mailed to a US location....

CRBA is not complicated; it’s actually the least complicated immigration form I have completed. Have you not filed taxes? That’s going to be a problem for a multitude of reasons. How do you expect to sponsor your fiancé/wife? (Have you even looked into what is required for k1 or CR 1?) 

Edited by Luckycuds

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, retheem said:

It is ultimately your choice, I would strongly advice you to go for CR1. You will avoid a lot of the pitfalls that come with K1 i.e. AOS and ROC and plus it is cheaper and your spouse becomes a permanent resident immediately.

With the CR-1 the OP’s spouse would still have to do Removal of Conditions (ROC) if they were married for less than 2 years upon his/her date of entry into the USA. If they were married for more than 2 years they would avoid ROC and the spouse would get a 10 year green card (GC) snd the visa would be converted to an Immediate Relative (IR-1) visa upon being admitted to the USA. 

For example, if they were to get married on 7/5/2020 and the spouse entered the USA 7/4/2022 or earlier the spouse would be admitted as a CR-1 and have to complete ROC. If the spouse entered on 7/5/2022 or later the spouse would not have to complete ROC. If the OP and his intending spouse submitted paperwork now for CR-1 they may end up having their visas converted to an IR-1 upon arrival due to above criteria as this pandemic is affecting consulate appointments at the moment. 

N400 - Naturalization                                                                                                        U.S. Passport

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online                                                  Oct 01, 2019 (Day 1): Sent US Passport Application

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online                                         Oct 08, 2019 (Day 8 ) : Passport trackable 

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Recvd notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled       Oct 17, 2019 (Day 17) : Received Passport

Aug 13, 2018 (Day 8): Received biometrics appt letter online                                        Oct 21, 2019 (Day 21) : Received Naturalization Cert. back

Aug 28, 2018 (Day 23): Biometrics Appt

May 06, 2019 (Day 274): In Line For Interview

Jun 11, 2019 (Day 311): Interview Date

July 01, 2019 (Day 327) : Oath Ceremony I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

FROM K-1 PETITION SENT TO OATH CEREMONY WAS ABOUT 7 YEARS 4 MONTHS

After 8 years of marriage divorced October 4, 2021

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chene said:

I will be using joint sponser.its going to be my older sister.

You will remain the sponsor even if you have a joint sponsor. Cash income is not tax free and still needs to be declared with the IRS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.