OrihimeandIchigo

What to bring for Interview for Petitioner?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

So If I understand right for the visa interview you must bring everything you sent in to the NVC originals plus copies of them. But I'm confused about the petitioners documents. Do they want a COPY or ORIGINAL Birth Certificate of the Petitioner I can't find where it says what it exactly wants. Here on the interview checklist for Sweden it says for:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/STK-Stockholm.html#pre_interview_checklist

For family based visa applicants:

• The appropriate Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for each financial sponsor along with a photocopy of the sponsor’s IRS transcript or most recent U.S. federal income tax return, and any relevant W-2s. 
  • Proof of your U.S. petitioner’s status and domicile in the United States (photocopy of a U.S. passport, naturalization certificate, or lawful permanent resident card).

• Evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and visa applicant(such as photographs, letters, or emails). Please note that you may not bring your phone, tablet or computer to the interview. If you communicate through Skype/Viber/WhatsApp or online platforms, you can instead print screenshots of some of your communications.

But I know it says on the NVC that to bring originals and copies of everything you sent to the NVC. So im confused if my husband is supposed to bring my original birth certificate or will a copy work?

Also do I only need one or two copies of my I-864?

Do I need 1 or 2 copies of everything for the petitioner like the beneficiary? 

What do you think or what are all your experiences. Thanks so much. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You ONLY bring copies of petitioner papers, however,  if the petitioner have previous divorces,  you will have to submit originals or certified copies from the courts. 

The Beneficiary birth certificate should be original 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The petitioner's birth certificate is not a requirement for the interview.  Just the applicant (beneficiary).  Unless that is the only proof of petitioner's citizenship that you are submitting?  A copy of the passport is better.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

The petitioner's birth certificate is not a requirement for the interview.  Just the applicant (beneficiary).  Unless that is the only proof of petitioner's citizenship that you are submitting?  A copy of the passport is better.

I submitted it at the NVC with my I-864 and also a copy if my passport I did both. And I know the NVC says to bring the original or copies of anything you submit so thats what I was wondering if the "originals " only applied to my husband or also to me the petitioner.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
51 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Depends on the embassy.  It's not a blanket statement.  Everyone needs to look at their embassy-specific rules.  For example the embassy in Vietnam expressly states that the original birth certificate of the petitioner should be available.  I know, I had to have mine shipped to Vietnam.

1 hour ago, Stein said:

Depends on the embassy.  It's not a blanket statement.  Everyone needs to look at their embassy-specific rules.  For example the embassy in Vietnam expressly states that the original birth certificate of the petitioner should be available.  I know, I had to have mine shipped to Vietnam.

That's not good. I just sent my wife her passport back from ITIN processing and wet signed i864 yesterday, but didn't see original birth certificate in Vietnam anywhere. Looks like I might need to spend another $75 to send that. Do you have a link you can send me?

Edited by Justin & Nhi

Timeline
4 hours ago, Justin & Nhi said:

That's not good. I just sent my wife her passport back from ITIN processing and wet signed i864 yesterday, but didn't see original birth certificate in Vietnam anywhere. Looks like I might need to spend another $75 to send that. Do you have a link you can send me?

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/required-documents/

It states that original and copy of petitioner birth certificate is required. I sent my wife a certified copy. 

Timeline

So I should just go by what the Stockholm Embassy website I posted above said, it didn't mention my Birth Certificate. Its just so confusing since I uploaded it at the NVC. I guess it wouldn't hurt to email the embassy and ask them later? Do you think they will give me the right advice?

Timeline
9 hours ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

So I should just go by what the Stockholm Embassy website I posted above said, it didn't mention my Birth Certificate. Its just so confusing since I uploaded it at the NVC. I guess it wouldn't hurt to email the embassy and ask them later? Do you think they will give me the right advice

If you are worried then you should probably email and ask them. They will be able to give you the right advice, they're doing the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here in Jamaica it says in my interview letter to only bring original civil documents, do not bring i864 or supporting financial documents uploaded to nvc... I was shocked... because I thought that everything that was uploaded to nvc we where suppose to take 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.