dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2020

893 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Daria Parkinson said:

What was your reason for expedite?

We requested an expedite for medical and financial reasons. I am immunocompromised and have several healthy conditions that make this an especially scary time to live alone.
We are incredibly lucky that they took the current climate into consideration. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
16 minutes ago, rkshokz said:

My wife's interview was a few days ago and she received the passport stamp in hand! They sent a note saying there's no sealed packet to hand carry anymore.

Congrats! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
27 minutes ago, rkshokz said:

My wife's interview was a few days ago and she received the passport stamp in hand! They sent a note saying there's no sealed packet to hand carry anymore.

Congrats!! And that's awesome about the stamp in hand, it will be interesting to see how many embassies are now doing this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi

Anyone from India got their PCC recently?  I got mine today and wanted to confirm the purpose for which the PCC is issued. Mine says "Immigration Purposes other than Citizenship"(that is also what i selected when i filled the form). Can you confirm if that is right?

@bharath and manu @Anmol Yash

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JASP said:

Hi

Anyone from India got their PCC recently?  I got mine today and wanted to confirm the purpose for which the PCC is issued. Mine says "Immigration Purposes other than Citizenship"(that is also what i selected when i filled the form). Can you confirm if that is right?

@bharath and manu @Anmol Yash

That's correct! Did you receive the document already? How long did it take?

Timeline
16 hours ago, Anmol Yash said:

That's correct! Did you receive the document already? How long did it take?

Thanks so much!

It took over a month. Had applied on 15th of June. It was crazy in these Covid times, multiple follow ups with Police and then the RPO, i took to twitter and requested them time and again and it came finally! Are you still awaiting it?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JASP said:

Thanks so much!

It took over a month. Had applied on 15th of June. It was crazy in these Covid times, multiple follow ups with Police and then the RPO, i took to twitter and requested them time and again and it came finally! Are you still awaiting it?

Yeah it's crazy right now. We had our appointment on June 23rd, still waiting... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, rkshokz said:

Congratulations :) What Embassy and Country was she interview at if I may ask? 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Anmol Yash said:

Yeah it's crazy right now. We had our appointment on June 23rd, still waiting... 

Oh okay, hopefully it will come soon. Just keep a track of where it is and if it stuck there for long you can follow up with them. Generally they issue it within a month which is also a deadline for the police to submit their report.

Passport office->Police Verification at home->Physical police verification at police station->SP Office->RPO->Finally you will receive the PCC through speed post.

6 hours ago, delawhere said:

We requested an expedite for medical and financial reasons. I am immunocompromised and have several healthy conditions that make this an especially scary time to live alone.
We are incredibly lucky that they took the current climate into consideration. 

Thank you for sharing.

11 hours ago, JenIE said:

It doesn't always qualify. It honestly depends on the embassy. But as far as wanting to expedite because you miss your spouse, one could argue that that's literally every person in this forum. Most of us haven't seen our spouses (and kids in some instances) in at least 4 months. If everyone got expedited for this reason, it would essentially mean that expediting is useless. That said, if you feel you have a genuine need to expedite, by all means try. Be honest and write the reasons that are affecting you personally and see what they say. 

I haven’t seen my spouse in 7 months already. :)

9 hours ago, Bobnrob said:

Stop trolling these forums Daria... You ask questions you know the answer to. 

I’m not trolling anyone. I’m asking questions to get the decent information. Be understanding. We’re all going through hell, while this immigration process is happening.

9 hours ago, TamMhmd said:

Hi Daria, can you update your timeline? I see you are asking a lot of questions, with an updated timeline it may benefit you by getting more targeted responses on your country and current step in the process. Most if not all, in this forum are DQ'd and waiting for an interview scheduled. in some cases, people have requested an expedite based on their own personal reasons. Some reason may be accepted by one embassy and not the other. That's why there are varying reasons you see floating around. 

Yes, will work on that rn.

8 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Honestly it's the embassy weddings, birthdays, anniversaries we all know Philippines is notorious very very lax expedite approvals it's their prerogative. Others you could be on your deathbed it's not happening. So it's all about your embassy, and a convincing letter of why, timing and embassy workload.

So, just need to touch them with words, huh. ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.