dapimusi

How do i show strong ties?

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am a freelancer, 22 years old, single. I have been working for a client remotley for a year and now he have invited me for business meeting. I am earning 80000 pkr on an average and i have recently visited saudi arabia. I have interview on 18 june and i have documents from my clients such as invitation letter, letter to consulate, affidavit for sponsering and his bank statement. But i do not have a job since i am self employed, neither do i have wife, nor i have property of registered business but i am earning good here in pakistan and my intentions are clear. What should i do in order to prove strong ties and i have applied for 1 week stay and b1/b2 visa.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, dapimusi said:

freelancer, 22 years old, single. I have been working for a client remotley

None of that is going to help with showing ties unfortunately. All you can do is apply and hope. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I would make plans for attending the meeting via video conferencing.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

On 6/29/2020 at 11:35 PM, dapimusi said:

i have documents from my clients such as invitation letter, letter to consulate, affidavit for sponsering and his bank statement.

There are no affidavits of support/sponsorship or invitations for B visas.

On 6/30/2020 at 2:35 AM, dapimusi said:

Hello,

I am a freelancer, 22 years old, single. I have been working for a client remotley for a year and now he have invited me for business meeting. I am earning 80000 pkr on an average and i have recently visited saudi arabia. I have interview on 18 june and i have documents from my clients such as invitation letter, letter to consulate, affidavit for sponsering and his bank statement. But i do not have a job since i am self employed, neither do i have wife, nor i have property of registered business but i am earning good here in pakistan and my intentions are clear. What should i do in order to prove strong ties and i have applied for 1 week stay and b1/b2 visa.

Thank you.

According to your information- unfortunately the officer may define, your "intention is clear" that you will come to us and not come back to your home country. 

80.000 PKR (according to google is less than 500 USD )might be good for where you live but it won't be enough for 1 week stay in US. Sponsorship is not a guarantee because yet you can not show strong ties to your homeland. 

I heard and saw so many cases on tv and from CBP fellows my friends and family working with,  that they turn people back just because simple no strong ties. 

different story if you could i.e. show how much money do you have in your home bank account, you have property/ies families, etc etc. 

Good luck 

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

You can't show what you don't have.

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.