Greenbaum

JULY 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

520 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cheburashka34 said:

I really hope by then the embassies will be open again. I'm worried about not getting an interview for a long time since there are so many people waiting

That might be a question for @Greenbaum.  Not sure how delayed the interviews have been due to all this virus #######.  I'm hopin for November/December to come and try to get in and out, but yeah,  the Virus could be a NEW Obstacle this time around.  What say you @Greenbaum,  you've been on here alot more lately than we have.  What's the current status on interview appts?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, JojoandTomas said:

I'm just hoping I get the NOA 1 sometime soon so I can stop thinking they haven't received it

Did you include the:  G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance?

I sent mine on June 30th overnight and didn't hear anything back til July 9th and that's with the G-1145.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 7/15/2020 at 4:21 PM, Cmptrsdeal said:

Once we get to the NOA2 part.  Everything seems downhill from there.  Personally, the worst thing I dislike about this process is the waiting from now till Nov or Dec for NOA2 or God forbid RFE.  Like I said, from just my own experience, once NOA2, it seems to pick up speed.  It is one hell of a ride that you will always remember, that is for sure 😉  

Hi! May I ask why you say it’s easier after the NOA2? It seems the interview will be hardest in my case... I felt pretty prepared with all of my 129-F forms though. 

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Timeline
Just now, Strawberrymermaid said:

Hi! May I ask why you say it’s easier after the NOA2? It seems the interview will be hardest in my case... I felt pretty prepared with all of my 129-F forms though. 

I'm only basing it on my experience.  As long as you have a legitimate relationship.  The hardest part about the whole process is waiting.  I've heard many horror stories about the interview process but I know many ppl who have done it and never had an issue with the interview.  Again, regarding the interview process might be different based on who you interview with but they are MAINLY trying to verify it's a REAL relationship but I've only dealt with the US Embassy in the Philippines.  I have no experience with the Embassy in Russia.  I would hope and expect it would follow the same guidelines though.

Timeline
Just now, Cmptrsdeal said:

I'm only basing it on my experience.  As long as you have a legitimate relationship.  The hardest part about the whole process is waiting.  I've heard many horror stories about the interview process but I know many ppl who have done it and never had an issue with the interview.  Again, regarding the interview process might be different based on who you interview with but they are MAINLY trying to verify it's a REAL relationship but I've only dealt with the US Embassy in the Philippines.  I have no experience with the Embassy in Russia.  I would hope and expect it would follow the same guidelines though.

Oh ok. Thanks for sharing ❤️ It’s definitely a real relationship but we have only met in person one time, on a cruise, right before the virus started, where he was working onboard. We have no photos together and maybe spent 24 hours together total lol. Obviously have wanted to see each other more but the virus prevented that. 

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

Oh ok. Thanks for sharing ❤️ It’s definitely a real relationship but we have only met in person one time, on a cruise, right before the virus started, where he was working onboard. We have no photos together and maybe spent 24 hours together total lol. Obviously have wanted to see each other more but the virus prevented that. 

Wait, is that a typo?  you said you have no photos together?

Edited by Cmptrsdeal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

For the i129F its not going to be a problem but its going to come up at the embassy and they are going to ask for pictures of the two of you.   It can be an issue and the CO could question the validity of the relationship.  You could also be put into a long period of administrative processing if they have doubts about the relationship.

You need to find a way to go meet him and have evidence of time spent together before the interview.  If you can't get to russia go meet in another country that is open.  Maybe Mexico as they are open and I believe Russians dont need a visa to visit there.  Do something and find a way to get photos and mroe evidence of time spent together. dinner receipts, hotel reservations. Anything. 

Edited by GP1977

Timeline
9 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

For the i129F its not going to be a problem but its going to come up at the embassy and they are going to ask for pictures of the two of you. 

I really think you need to find a way to get meet him and have evidence of time spent together before the interview.  If you can't get to russia go meet in another country that is open.  Maybe Mexico as they are open and I believe Russians dont need a visa to visit there.  Do something and find a way to get photos and mroe evidence of time spent together. dinner receipts, hotel reservations. Anything. 

Just curious cause I follow this info: 

It says you NEED to include it when filing, but you say you don't need it till the interview?  Not having photos together, that won't cause an RFE?  I'm just curious.  The guide needs to be updated if so.

Edited by Cmptrsdeal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

I read a lot of the reviews for the Russian embassy and it seems like they are pretty nice and it's not too scary. So that is what I'm hoping for ♥️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

I have never heard of anyone getting an RFE for not having any photos together.

Yes, they dont care about the relationship evidence for i129f.  Just that you met within two years and provide the required documentation and are otherwise eligible.  Thte adjudicators for the i129F aren't making a decision on the validity of the relationship- there is no gray - its black or white and its simply a checklist.

Providing photos and addtional evidence with the 129f is frontloading your case so the Consulate officer can see this prior to the interview.  It doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, but it doesn't matter for the i129f.

Edited by GP1977

Timeline
Just now, GP1977 said:

Yes, they dont care about the relationship evidence for i129f.  Just that you met within two years and provide the required documentation and are otherwise eligible.  Thte adjudicators for the i129F aren't making a decision on the validity of the relationship- there is no gray - its black or white and its simply a checklist.

Providing photos and addtional evidence with the 129f is frontloading your case so the Consulate officer can see this prior to the interview.  It doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, but it doesn't matter for the i129f.

Thank you for the information! 🙂

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

Wait, is that a typo?  you said you have no photos together?

Nope. None! We met in person by chance when I was a passenger on board the ship and he was working. So unfortunately no photos together 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

For the i129F its not going to be a problem but its going to come up at the embassy and they are going to ask for pictures of the two of you.   It can be an issue and the CO could question the validity of the relationship.  You could also be put into a long period of administrative processing if they have doubts about the relationship.

You need to find a way to go meet him and have evidence of time spent together before the interview.  If you can't get to russia go meet in another country that is open.  Maybe Mexico as they are open and I believe Russians dont need a visa to visit there.  Do something and find a way to get photos and mroe evidence of time spent together. dinner receipts, hotel reservations. Anything. 

We are trying! Russians cannot leave right now and any flight going to Mexico is through countries that they can’t travel through or need a visa even for transport. We are hopeful we will be able to have more Face time before an interview date  🤞🏼

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

Nope. None! We met in person by chance when I was a passenger on board the ship and he was working. So unfortunately no photos together 

I know your doing your best and it's sad we have to deal with these conditions.  I hope and pray everything finds a way for you both! ❤️

Edited by Cmptrsdeal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.