goldhex

K1 Visa Issuance Affected by EO after all?

163 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Vamp.nz said:

I think you will find because australia and New Zealand are considered low risk countries for Covid is why they are allowing those K1’s to go ahead. I know I read somewhere every country that is banned from flying into  the US Is also having a stop on anything immigration. And while k1’s aren’t typically immigration visas, the fact that you are from a banned country is enough to hold up processing.

I’m simply hoping the ban will be lifted soon, because Europe has been doing very well and cases are low. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

But your ban was different- Italy is sort of under two bans- the first not allowing those from schengen countries in and then now the new executive order regarding NIVs. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone from Europe with an expedite.

Some German CR1/IR1 have gotten expedite processing with interviews this last week. No K1 afaik 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Looking at May 2020 - the UK embassy processed the following NIV visa types. ( It does not look at though any K1's were processed in the UK ) See pic. 

Take a look at the stats to gauge what your country was processing last month: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/MAY 2020 - NIV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

NIV.png

Timeline
12 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

Looking at May 2020 - the UK embassy processed the following NIV visa types. ( It does not look at though any K1's were processed in the UK ) See pic. 

Take a look at the stats to gauge what your country was processing last month: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/MAY 2020 - NIV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

NIV.png

If they’re processing those, why can’t they process K1s? Because it seems to be quite contradictory, considering how K1s are even family based visas.

1 hour ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

NIV.png

Massive thanks for this mate.

So London didn't process any K1s, but 22 embassies did. 

Interestingly, 1 of those 22 embassies is Vienna (Austria) which is in the Schengen area. In my opinion, this debunks the theory that the *travel* restrictions impact K1 issuance/processing.

image.png.a6045f36c826854a312bc25db178f202.png

Edited by goldhex

Timeline
15 minutes ago, goldhex said:

Interestingly, 1 of those 22 embassies is Vienna (Austria) which is in the Schengen area. In my opinion, this debunks the theory that the *travel* restrictions impact K1 issuance/processing.

If an embassy in the Schengen area has done it, others could do it as well. It’s getting ridiculous, really. 

Edited by JBF

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, JCP said:

Sorry if my question is stupid but does this mean k1 visas are not being processed? It’s been 3 months and I haven’t got the noa2. 

Petitions are being processed,  routine visa services are suspended 

YMMV

3 hours ago, JCP said:

Sorry if my question is stupid but does this mean k1 visas are not being processed? It’s been 3 months and I haven’t got the noa2. 

Do you mean three months since you submitted a petition to USCIS?  

Even in a COVIDless world, you wouldn't have gotten NOA2 yet.  Ours took 185 days in 2018.  There was a brief period of shorter processing times after that, but things have changed significantly.

1 hour ago, goldhex said:

One lone outlier visa processed during the whole month of May is not significant enough to draw such a conclusion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So, I received my e-mail yesterday saying my appointment was cancelled due to the EO. I checked, and at the time, I wasn't able to reschedule another appointment whatsoever. But I checked today, and I can reschedule another appointment. I'm aware that there are likely other visas being processed, so is it worth me trying to reschedule my appointment despite the e-mail I received? My partner looked into the EO too and apparently, it expires next week anyway and the date for it to be extended has already passed, and I don't think it's been extended. I could be wrong with all of that, but I just wanted to check and see if it was worth trying to schedule another appointment while it lets me after my initial one was cancelled yesterday.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Rebecca95 said:

So, I received my e-mail yesterday saying my appointment was cancelled due to the EO. I checked, and at the time, I wasn't able to reschedule another appointment whatsoever. But I checked today, and I can reschedule another appointment. I'm aware that there are likely other visas being processed, so is it worth me trying to reschedule my appointment despite the e-mail I received? My partner looked into the EO too and apparently, it expires next week anyway and the date for it to be extended has already passed, and I don't think it's been extended. I could be wrong with all of that, but I just wanted to check and see if it was worth trying to schedule another appointment while it lets me after my initial one was cancelled yesterday.

There is always the travel ban though, and that one has no expiration date unfortunately.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, JBF said:

There is always the travel ban though, and that one has no expiration date unfortunately.

Yeah I'm aware of the travel ban still being in place, but I just wanted to get my visa prepared and ready for when the ban is lifted really, so I can get over there as soon as I'm able and continue the process. I just wasn't sure if it was worth me booking an appointment at all if they're still firm on the K1 visa being included in this EO, even though it does expire in a few days.

21 minutes ago, Rebecca95 said:

My partner looked into the EO too and apparently, it expires next week anyway and the date for it to be extended has already passed, and I don't think it's been extended.

He looked at the wrong proclamation; that proclamation doesn't even apply to nonimmigrant visas (i.e. K-1, B-2, etc.)

Look at the UK and Ireland proclamation: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-certain-additional-persons-pose-risk-transmitting-coronavirus-2/ The UK and Ireland proclamation doesn't have an expiration date.

Edited by HRQX

2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

One lone outlier visa processed during the whole month of May is not significant enough to draw such a conclusion.

Why not? Surely a ban is a ban, no? There should be no outliers in a situation like this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.