2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, sandranj said:

I had one case the person got the approval notice today, but she received the EAD category C31 two months ago.

Does the C31 EAD also come with the AP  or do we have to apply for it seperately. If you are not in removal proceedings and you are not asylum seeker than is it safe to travel ?

On 7/22/2020 at 5:14 PM, John_ said:

Today I received the following response from the inquiry that my congresswoman sent to my Local Field Office. 

"Please be advised that USCIS records indicate that the application in question requires an interview.  Due to the uncertainty of the current COVID-19 situation, we are unable to provide you with a precise appointment date and time. Once a date becomes available, you will be scheduled and notified accordingly."

What is your field office? and when did your VAWA approve? 

1 hour ago, Akansean said:

Does the C31 EAD also come with the AP  or do we have to apply for it seperately. If you are not in removal proceedings and you are not asylum seeker than is it safe to travel ?

Hey, C31 doesn't come as a combo card. No inclusion of AP. If you're not in removals yes it's safe to travel but you have to check for travel restrictions at the destination you're planning on going to. Also it's not advisable for asylum seekers to travel to their home country as it contradicts with the whole purpose of the petition. They're supposed to be seeking refuge here..so if you can travel freely then you probably do not have any need to seek refuge!💁

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

Hello everyone, I had of prima facie expired in june 2020.My vawa was approved june 30 2020.i want to find out how and what I need to do for my madicad to be approved.i had it before and it expired after a year hit when I applied again it was denied in Florida so I want to find out about getting an insurance. 

Edited by Comforter

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey, C31 doesn't come as a combo card. No inclusion of AP. If you're not in removals yes it's safe to travel but you have to check for travel restrictions at the destination you're planning on going to. Also it's not advisable for asylum seekers to travel to their home country as it contradicts with the whole purpose of the petition. They're supposed to be seeking refuge here..so if you can travel freely then you probably do not have any need to seek refuge!💁

Thanks for the clarification . I was not sure about it . I think I should be fine as far as travel is concerned

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, Kama2018 said:

Same here. Nov 2018 and 3 PF's and nothing else(((

Don’t worry!! We are in the same boat...Nov 2018... let’s pray and stay strong 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, Kama2018 said:

No, I didn't. Exactly, they will tell us we are still in processing time. I m just waiting. I gave up almost and was ready to go back to my country this summer, but Covid happened and I m stuck here. Hope to hear anything before I leave, because I m tired from all this craziness and ready to go back😥

You sound just like me... but there are some beautiful people in this forum that help to keep your spirits high... 

let’s stay strong!! 

3 hours ago, Akansean said:

It doesn't. Also, you can't really get AP by the virtue of having an approved I-360, instead you need to have a pending I-485, in case of which you might as well file a (c)(9) I-765 and get a combo card.

Travel as long as you're not in removal proceedings or an asylum seeker traveling to the country you claim persecution from should it be safe if not recommended. Normally I'd say it's fine but with the current pandemic you might have problems if you visit one of the banned countries.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

2 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

My receipt date for i-130 is December 2017. But I 360 receipt date October 2019. Does it mean i360 will take over the priority date of i130 which is December 2017? If so, should I consider my I 360 to be out of processing time as December 2017? Or not?

No, processing times are done by the receipt date (i.e. when they actually got your form) rather than the priority date.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

32 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

My receipt date for i-130 is December 2017. But I 360 receipt date October 2019. Does it mean i360 will take over the priority date of i130 which is December 2017? If so, should I consider my I 360 to be out of processing time as December 2017? Or not?

thought the same thing... maybe we’ll be lucky and have it approved in 2021!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 7/22/2020 at 4:24 PM, Vawa&U said:

20 months and counting with 3 prima facies,  and still waiting .... anyone out there still waiting ??

Me! 20 months and 5 days. Stay strong, we are getting there! 

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey everyone, following up from yesterday and the day before. 

picked up my C9 COMBO card from lawyer 🙏🏼
Yes, it is the combo card. Looks just like the EAD with “serves as I-512 advance parole” written on the bottom of the front face

on another note, spouse signed the divorce papers without causing any additional pain 🙏🏼

I am at about 14 months mark from filing 360, praying that I get good news by December 2020 hopefully 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Please send good vibes out

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.