2,967 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! Hope everyone doing well. I am just starting my VAWA process and drafting my statement. As of now, I do not have a lawyer, so I am reading the forum and collecting documents on my own. 

I need a psychological evaluation report and found out that there are places that specialize in that. When you guys did it, what criteria you looked at to pick the provider? Can anyone recommend? I live in Miami Florida.

Thanks

Hi guys!

Just wonder.

My EAD Expedition request was approved 2 weeks ago.

Status was.”You request of expedition approved”

Than it changed to “Card being produced”

And 9 days ago it’s changed to “Case was approved”

Os it supposed to be like that?

And for how long should I expect my EAD card?

USCIS have a troubles with issuing and with time frames.

Does someone get them lately.

Please share your timeline please.

Thanks a lot folks!!!🌸

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 hours ago, Chei-360 said:

Hello good people,

I always ask questions here and thanks for always providing helpul answer.

I am about to rent a po box because my address has been compromised.

How is the best way to inform USCIS  about my new address, my I 765 is still pending and I 360 is awaiting decison after responding to RFE.

It is a very important stage of my case and I am scared of missing any letter from USCIS.

Please help. thanks

Complete the Change of Address Form and Mail it to Vermont Attn: VAWA Unit.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

16 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Godbless you darling,💖 waiting to celebrate with you and others here! One thing is sure..the day of victory!!!🏆 it happened for me, it will surely happen for you all AMEN!!!🙏😘

Hi Stillwinning!!! Last time you have suggested to me inquiry by Congress person,I told my lawyer but lawyer discouraging me . What can I do I can do my self . Your advice will be highly appreciated! Thank You!

12 minutes ago, Brooklynguy1 said:

Hi Stillwinning!!! Last time you have suggested to me inquiry by Congress person,I told my lawyer but lawyer discouraging me . What can I do I can do my self . Your advice will be highly appreciated! Thank You!

I'm kind of irritated that your attorney is discouraging you from seeking help elsewhere..an additional help? Who does that? It's left for you to be proactive! Senator Kirsten Gillibrand helped me so much! Everytime her office reached out to USCIS, my case moved forward! If I were you I would enquire regardless of what the attorney says..but you're you..so do what your heart tells you! I'm sure you know what that is!😏

2 hours ago, alena25 said:

Hi everyone! Hope everyone doing well. I am just starting my VAWA process and drafting my statement. As of now, I do not have a lawyer, so I am reading the forum and collecting documents on my own. 

I need a psychological evaluation report and found out that there are places that specialize in that. When you guys did it, what criteria you looked at to pick the provider? Can anyone recommend? I live in Miami Florida.

Thanks

You are on to a great start! Yes..reading through previous threads, gathering information..etc! I live in N.Y. so I'm not able to direct you to a specific practice..but you can google for places around you..read reviews it helps too! The psychological evaluation is very important in this application as it's the heart of what the petition is about! Also you do not need a lawyer unless your case is very complicated..this is not to say I'm advising against you retaining one..It's just that sometimes it turns out being a complete waste especially if you're short of funds! By the time you're done with information/evidence gathering, you'll find you have little or no use for one!💁

1 hour ago, HolaBola31 said:

Guys! Just now I got another message that my approval notice was sent back toUSCIS because post office cannot deliver it.

What is this?

I did change of address. I have a confirmation. It was 14 months ago. I got my sons card on this address. 
What can cause it?

Im so frustrated😭

Is it your approval notice or the actual EAD?

do you have a tracking number?

if you do have the tracking number then call usps immediately and have them redeliver to you. 

That did happen to me back in 2018, when i got the notification. i called usps and they redeliver to me. i did have the tracking number. 

On 6/17/2020 at 2:35 PM, sandranj said:

Dany-T you asked a question on the previous thread, and here is my answertsusp. USCIS will take into consideration the interview you had with your spouse, you had a "stoke interview", that being said they had some suspicion about your marriage and they wanted to clarify. Did they deny your AOS?If they denied and mentioned  a "sham marriage", then you won't have the new AOS approved, even with approved VAWA.If they denied because you could not prove a bonafide marriage then you are good.

Hi sandranj I sent you an inbox about an RFE I recieved and would really appreciate it if you could give me any advice on how to respond plz 

4 hours ago, alena25 said:

Thanks

So I took little bit different approach for this . First I went to see therapist and had 5 sessions with her  in one and half months . I asked my therapist to write a description of my status from the first session to the fifth session  with date. She mentioned there that I need more time to recover my mental depression . FYI: You have to ask therapist to put the statement about violence and how that affects your mental status . The description could be a page or 2 . Then I was looking for the therapist who actually had experience writing the report for the USCIS case. With the second therapist I had 2 sessions . I gave him the first therapist's descriptions . Then he took psychological test to know my mental status ( It's basically they will ask you few questions about how you feel or what happened with your spouse ) and he wrote a report describing the report from his observation and previous therapist's description . The report and description were 12 pages ( Costs: First therapist took 50/session . The last therapist usually charges  600$ . But,  he was very busy during that time . I offered him 800$ to make time for me :D. That worked )  . Don't forget to review whatever they write and ask them to edit if you find anything not right.  Note My case is approved without any RFE

Edited by TexasVAWA

3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I'm kind of irritated that your attorney is discouraging you from seeking help elsewhere..an additional help? Who does that? It's left for you to be proactive! Senator Kirsten Gillibrand helped me so much! Everytime her office reached out to USCIS, my case moved forward! If I were you I would enquire regardless of what the attorney says..but you're you..so do what your heart tells you! I'm sure you know what that is!😏

3 hours ago, Brooklynguy1 said:

I can fully agree with @Stillwinning!!!😊 the only reason why my cased moved forward was me reaching out ot my local congressman. What i can suggest is for you to reach out to your local congressman and to ask for his/her assistancence. Nonetheless the lest this is my personal oppinoon and you will have to make that determination.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 hours ago, Chei-360 said:

Hello good people,

I always ask questions here and thanks for always providing helpul answer.

I am about to rent a po box because my address has been compromised.

How is the best way to inform USCIS  about my new address, my I 765 is still pending and I 360 is awaiting decison after responding to RFE.

It is a very important stage of my case and I am scared of missing any letter from USCIS.

Please help. thanks

USCIS is damn messy to update the address, 8 out of  10 cases they email the old address.I saw this happening hundreds of time here in the past 16 years. You should notarize a letter with the new address and mail it to Vermont.Wait a few days and go to infopass to see if they changed your address, despite I saw many times they confirmed the address was changed and they still sent the letter to the old address as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.