2,967 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Ranran27 said:

I’m so abused I got today upset in my status after that my case 3 years on process that my case denied!!!! I waiting that my lawyer get the notice that say why ..I file my case in Jan 2018Β 

Β 

I don’t have power to fight anymore I feel like I don’t have any hope anymore i don’t know what to doΒ 

Please be calm. sending you hugs, love. As Stillwinning said let her know what the denial letter says. Praying for you and hugging you real tight.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ranran27 said:

I’m so abused I got today upset in my status after that my case 3 years on process that my case denied!!!! I waiting that my lawyer get the notice that say why ..I file my case in Jan 2018Β 

Β 

I don’t have power to fight anymore I feel like I don’t have any hope anymore i don’t know what to doΒ 

I have question how did you end up in home country? And you still claim you have vawa ?Β 
Β 

On 7/16/2020 at 5:21 PM, sandranj said:

As I said many times here, USCIS is damn messy when someone changes the address, it's a nightmare.Ask the congressperson to inquire USCIS on your behalf about this mistake.

Thank you! I did so.

Im lucky to have such a great senator office they responding right away.

Already said that they will contact USCIS.

Hope I’ll get EAD soon

Filed: Other Timeline
7 hours ago, Humblechica said:

Case Received: September 24, 2018

Approved: July 16, 2020

NO RFE!! Β 

I am so happy right now, tears of joy!!

CongratulationsΒ 

Β 

Hi Everyone, I wanted to ask a question please. I Β filed my VAWA and Adjustment of status paperwork last year but I lost my I485 receipt. How can I get another copy from USCIS? I need it to apply for my drivers license.Β 
Β 

I hope you are all doing well.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Hi everyone! Happy weekend! I had 2 quick questions to all of you. My husband once again has been uncooperative and refused to provide information to my employer. But we’re still married and I think he’s waiting to divorce me as he’s firm is going through an acquisition and he doesn’t want any problems with it at the moment.Β 
For VAWA, is it more beneficial that I start the divorce proceedings? I was waiting until after I file the petition.Β 
Β 

Also, he made me have a very unfair prenup..I wonder if it could be overturned at least to get compensated for some of my struggle.Β 

1 hour ago, Verdy2019 said:

Hi Everyone, I wanted to ask a question please. I Β filed my VAWA and Adjustment of status paperwork last year but I lost my I485 receipt. How can I get another copy from USCIS? I need it to apply for my drivers license.Β 
Β 

I hope you are all doing well.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

you can request that by calling uscis. This is how i got mine last year for my i-765.Β 

23 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Last time we chatted you mentioned you're in Queens? Anyway google senator Kirsten Gillibrand or Yvette Clarke when you contact them they'll send you the privacy release form just fill it out attach the receipt notice of the case you want closure on..they'll get back to you when they have answers! These are the two people I contacted..you can choose the one in your district.πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Hey @Stillwinning!!!😊 For me to contact the senator, should I wait until my case is out of normal processing time or I can contact them anytime? Mine is now 9 months now. Applied October, PF in November, and waiting

3 hours ago, HolaBola31 said:

Thank you! I did so.

Im lucky to have such a great senator office they responding right away.

Already said that they will contact USCIS.

Hope I’ll get EAD soon

My attorney said the same thing as Sandra did.Β It’s almost impossible to change address sometimes. I changed mine a few years ago, and they lost my case...

23 hours ago, Tumiluv said:

Hello friends. Hope we are all doing great. Praying for everyone’s safety in this pandemic and approvals.

Got this update today that my card is being produced and wondering if it means my VAWA has been approved. I only filedΒ I360 and I already have an EAD from my asylum case. Waiting for VAWA approval before filing for I485.
Β 

336B6042-0796-4001-8DD7-43F8FA8027F8.jpegi filed i360 too and has EAD from my asylum application. Can you share your timeline?

Β 

3 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Β 

Filed I-360 in August 2018,

two RFEs - one in October 2018 for good moral character and one in March 2020 for psychological report and proof of medical diagnosis (one of the reasons of the abuse)

6 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Hey @Stillwinning!!!😊 For me to contact the senator, should I wait until my case is out of normal processing time or I can contact them anytime? Mine is now 9 months now. Applied October, PF in November, and waiting

It would make sense that reason you're contacting your representative is because of case out of processing times since USCIS will only act if this is the situation! It will be futile otherwise..USCIS will respond that the case is still within processing times!πŸ‘

6 hours ago, Tumiluv said:

Filed I-360 in August 2018,

two RFEs - one in October 2018 for good moral character and one in March 2020 for psychological report and proof of medical diagnosis (one of the reasons of the abuse)

I submitted the psychological evaluation only. Not medical diagnosis. What is a medical diagnosis? Should I do it now to save time in case I get RFE for that as well? @Stillwinning!!!😊

27 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

I submitted the psychological evaluation only. Not medical diagnosis. What is a medical diagnosis? Should I do it now to save time in case I get RFE for that as well? @Stillwinning!!!😊

A psychologist aims to heal your mind..if you had a physical injury or ailment/condition then the medical diagnosis will come to play. If you were not physically abused then the psychological evaluation is good!πŸ‘

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.