2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, vawa2018 said:

@dreamer1 I do CAD design

Ah... that was most likely related to your work then. If USCIS is looking people’s social media up, we won’t be able to tell, I am quite sure. 

plus, like others said, if you are clean, nothing to worry about- USCIS or prospective employers or dates 😋

Good morning, Everyone:

As a quick update, I contacted my congressperson last week. Waiting now on a response from her office. 

I am wondering if anyone have been able to get updates from your cases that is not through your attorneys? Ever since my VAWA filling, all my cases even travel and work permits are shield with the VAWA silence drama. USCIS would only communicate with her - not me. This happens via telephone and via letters.

Thank you all!

1 hour ago, June1888 said:

Good morning, Everyone:

As a quick update, I contacted my congressperson last week. Waiting now on a response from her office. 

I am wondering if anyone have been able to get updates from your cases that is not through your attorneys? Ever since my VAWA filling, all my cases even travel and work permits are shield with the VAWA silence drama. USCIS would only communicate with her - not me. This happens via telephone and via letters.

Thank you all!

Hi! You can get information ONLY through the mail. 
Mail them your inquiries.

And keep contacting your congressman. 

3 hours ago, June1888 said:

Good morning, Everyone:

Thank you all!

Yea, this is due to VAWA privacy regulations. Your lawyer is on file so they have no issues giving them the info. 

what is it in particular that you have questions about? What up? Maybe I can shed some light...

Hi everyone 

Hope you all are safe and doing great. I have been keep my eyes busy on how's processing time being changed these days for I-485 interview. 

In last two months its changed drastically twice, first time it was sent back for 6 months and now for 1 year. So overall waiting time period is now ranging from 9 months to 36 months. I have checked interview wait time for almost 15 different field offices and all have almost similar waiting time now.  It makes me really stressed out about ever we could get interview appointment or not😢

I was hopeful to get interview date in next one year but looking at the trend now I don't feel even its gonna possible in next two years. Hope i wouldn't get any family emergency situation to travel to see my old age parents, just worried about them everyday. Let's pray to almighty God for our better future and this ongoing pandemic will be under control soon. 🙏🙏🙏

1 hour ago, shayona said:

Hi everyone 

Hope you all are safe and doing great. I have been keep my eyes busy on how's processing time being changed these days for I-485 interview. 

In last two months its changed drastically twice, first time it was sent back for 6 months and now for 1 year. So overall waiting time period is now ranging from 9 months to 36 months. I have checked interview wait time for almost 15 different field offices and all have almost similar waiting time now.  It makes me really stressed out about ever we could get interview appointment or not😢

I was hopeful to get interview date in next one year but looking at the trend now I don't feel even its gonna possible in next two years. Hope i wouldn't get any family emergency situation to travel to see my old age parents, just worried about them everyday. Let's pray to almighty God for our better future and this ongoing pandemic will be under control soon. 🙏🙏🙏

Hi dear, praying with you.🙏 just try and keep a positive mind set so you don't keep dwelling/imagining the worst! Things can change very quickly. While I was waiting for my turn..even with a backlogged wait time..etc..I got an interview date..other folks did too..it's not always about what is posted there..I pray it works out smoothly for you and others waiting here!🙏😊

Hello @Stillwinning!!!😊 I hope you doing well

Today I got notification that i765 got approved

While I got the notification 5 days ago card being produced

What's that mean?

I really I appreciate your time and help

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/25/2020 at 1:19 PM, DmytriiD said:

oh really ? why is that ? what is the explanation for this ? 

Because the INA Law states  If the person is in removal proceedings  and departs the U.S, even with AP the person will be subject to removal as soon she/he enters in the U.S.

If someone files for asylum is because the person fears for her/his life,  once the person travels to her home Country the asylum would be considered "frivolous".A frivolous asylum makes the person inadmissible to get a green card.

Edited by sandranj

41 minutes ago, Wolf2020 said:

What's that mean?

It is usual to get the card production update followed by the approval update. Nothing to worry about..and everything to be happy about!😊 You're welcome always dear.👍

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/24/2020 at 1:29 PM, msMaya said:

Hi @sandranj at what point can we travel? After approval with pending i485. Or we have to wait for GC? Cause I'm planning a trip next January with my AP and EAD. Please help

You don't need to wait for your green card to travel, unless you are in removal proceedings or have an asylum case pending.

Hey folks!

I have a lady who had filed VAWA year ago. 
Now she is going to divorce but her attorney said she cannot file agreed divorce and she need to divorce with mentioning abuse. Otherwise she won’t get her citizenship.

Her attorney didn’t let her divorce. And telling her that she will have an issues.

So now she don’t know what to do.

He is charging her $2000 for divorce through abuse +$3000 in addition and $500/ hr  in that case if her husband won’t sign the divorce through abuse (and she said he won’t because record  will stay in his background)

So basically her attorney pushing her to file divorce through abuse.

Any advice?

@sandranj maybe you can give her advice?

Can she file agreed divorce and have her citizenship filed with no problems? 
Or her attorney is right?

Thank you very much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
5 minutes ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hey folks!

Now she is going to divorce but her attorney said she cannot file agreed divorce and she need to divorce with mentioning abuse. Otherwise she won’t get her citizenship.

Her attorney didn’t let her divorce. And telling her that she will have an issues.

He is charging her $2000 for divorce through abuse +$3000 in addition and $500/ hr  in that case if her husband won’t sign the divorce through abuse (and she said he won’t because record  will stay in his background)

Any advice?

Thank you very much!

Get a new lawyer

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hey folks!

Any advice?

Thank you very much!

Please speak with @sandranj she is an awesome lawyer. Don't let anyone to take advantage of your situation. i allowed my lawyer to take advantage and i regret it so much :( 

6 hours ago, sandranj said:

Because the INA Law states  If the person is in removal proceedings  and departs the U.S, even with AP the person will be subject to removal as soon she/he enters in the U.S.

If someone files for asylum is because the person fears for her/his life,  once the person travels to her home Country the asylum would be considered "frivolous".A frivolous asylum makes the person inadmissible to get a green card.

Well INA actually uses the term "departs", but that's one of those fuzzy legal terms. Like for instance BIA in Matter of Arrabally (2012) ruled that travel on AP is not a "departure" for purposes of a 10 year bar since AP is a defacto permission to briefly travel abroad so it makes no sense for USCIS to grant you it and then turn around and bar you.

The problem of course is that USCIS hasn't extended the ruling to include traveling while in removal proceedings or subject to a removal order, and BIA hasn't touched the topic since either.

That being said, unless you want to try to become the namesake of a landmark decision, don't do it.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

7 hours ago, Wolf2020 said:

What's that mean?

what is your Received date ?

my received date is 4/17/2020 still not any update information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.