Treasure1

When are the embassies likely to open

37 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Here is the plan for reopening the embassies in phases as issued by the State Department.

https://www.axios.com/pompeo-coronavirus-state-department-reopening-ec5dc86d-6393-4614-b05f-68d3b5f6ec10.html

Does this follow for dept of state offices in the US or embassies all around the globe as well? 

Edited by Ujjwal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Ujjwal said:

Does this follow for dept of state offices in the US or embassies all around the globe as well? 

DOS mission is foreign relations and diplomacy.   Most everything they have is foreign operations.   Besides,  if you read carefully the different phases, it is quite clear that it is referring to outside the USA 

1 hour ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

UK has relaxed restrictions, just need embassies to reopen.

Travel ban lifted yet?

YMMV

1 hour ago, Ujjwal said:

What @payxibka said. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

9 hours ago, payxibka said:

POTUS proclamation has nothing to do with the suspension of routine visa services.   

Not according to the US Embassy in New Zealand, which has recently said that they will not be able to proceed with any visa services until: (1) the suspension of visa services globally has lifted, and (2) the Presidential Proclamation has expired. This is so even though the Proclamation clearly doesn't apply to our case, being a spousal visa. It has nothing to do with the local local conditions either, as the Coronavirus has been eliminated in New Zealand and things are essentially back to normal.

Edited by DSB27

Timeline

Rather than perpetuate something you know isn't true,  why not read the reopen plan and determine if NZ has accomplished all the requirements.m (it's more than just the covid situation under control). A careful read would show that phase three is just becoming a possibility in the most perfect scenario 

YMMV

7 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Rather than perpetuate something you know isn't true,  why not read the reopen plan and determine if NZ has accomplished all the requirements.m (it's more than just the covid situation under control). A careful read would show that phase three is just becoming a possibility in the most perfect scenario 

Not sure what your problem is mate but "perpetuating something you know isn't true" is a funny way of categorizing the sharing of information received directly from the relevant local US Embassy.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, DSB27 said:

Not sure what your problem is mate but "perpetuating something you know isn't true" is a funny way of categorizing the sharing of information received directly from the relevant local US Embassy.

Information I share was directly from the Secretary of State himself.   Whom do you think has the possibility of being more accurate?

YMMV

3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Information I share was directly from the Secretary of State himself.   Whom do you think has the possibility of being more accurate?

I'm not particularly interested in guessing games.

I've reported the information that I've received from the officials, and people may do with it what they will.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I messaged the Sydney Embassy on FB and they said there was no set date for opening yet. Australia's restrictions are easing so rapidly and we have such a good grasp on COVID19,  there are only 5 active cases of COVID19 in my state of QLD. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Is just a matter of time, they will open..Yes we need the visas , but they also need our money to continue operating in any foreign countries.  Imagine how many non-immigrant visa applications they receive daily, if your translate that into monetary terms between March to June, trust me its over a billion USD. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 hours ago, DSB27 said:

This seems to be what their US Embassy in New Zealand's website refers to: 

"

June 3rd Update for U.S. Citizens

Update: American Citizen Services Appointments Now Available 

At New Zealand Alert Level 2, routine American Citizen Services appointments are available for the following services:

U.S. Passports

Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA)

Federal Benefits Processing

Visit the this website for information on scheduling your appointment.  Notarial services remain unavailable at New Zealand Alert Level 2.

Additional services including notaries and appointments to renounce one’s U.S. citizenship may become available again once New Zealand enters Alert Level 1. We will announce any relevant changes via email and on our website once these services have resumed.  Note that the decision to resume all Consular services does not correspond directly to New Zealand’s Alert Level 1 and the resumption of services would not take place immediately Current restrictions on services are due to constraints in the United States and affect all U.S. consulates and embassies around the world."

I would assume that this means that there are constraints that are related to the worldwide pause on visa services and the EO. I guess we will find out more over the next couple weeks as the EO expires (will it be renewed?) and more countries relax restrictions.

1 hour ago, SETETA said:

This seems to be what their US Embassy in New Zealand's website refers to: 

"

June 3rd Update for U.S. Citizens

Update: American Citizen Services Appointments Now Available 

At New Zealand Alert Level 2, routine American Citizen Services appointments are available for the following services:

U.S. Passports

Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA)

Federal Benefits Processing

Visit the this website for information on scheduling your appointment.  Notarial services remain unavailable at New Zealand Alert Level 2.

Additional services including notaries and appointments to renounce one’s U.S. citizenship may become available again once New Zealand enters Alert Level 1. We will announce any relevant changes via email and on our website once these services have resumed.  Note that the decision to resume all Consular services does not correspond directly to New Zealand’s Alert Level 1 and the resumption of services would not take place immediately Current restrictions on services are due to constraints in the United States and affect all U.S. consulates and embassies around the world."

I would assume that this means that there are constraints that are related to the worldwide pause on visa services and the EO. I guess we will find out more over the next couple weeks as the EO expires (will it be renewed?) and more countries relax restrictions.

There is a more recent notice than that of June 3rd on the website; but I contacted the Embassy directly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
5 hours ago, DSB27 said:

Payxibka tends to be very bitter in his/ her responses. Does not take anything into consideration besides his/ her own opinion. I wouldn't entertain this individual much.

Edited by Rob Beri

9 hours ago, Ras Ous said:

Is just a matter of time, they will open..Yes we need the visas , but they also need our money to continue operating in any foreign countries.  Imagine how many non-immigrant visa applications they receive daily, if your translate that into monetary terms between March to June, trust me its over a billion USD. 

They are not a profit corporation. They will use every penny of that money to adjudicate yours and other cases. You need them more than they need you. Just saying. :yes:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

13 hours ago, DSB27 said:

Not according to the US Embassy in New Zealand, which has recently said that they will not be able to proceed with any visa services until: (1) the suspension of visa services globally has lifted, and (2) the Presidential Proclamation has expired. This is so even though the Proclamation clearly doesn't apply to our case, being a spousal visa. It has nothing to do with the local local conditions either, as the Coronavirus has been eliminated in New Zealand and things are essentially back to normal.

The POTUS and the DOS work together to safely open the embassies. The embassies will not open till the go ahead is given by DOS. DOS will not open the embassies until such time as POTUS sets the precedence for that to happen. Whatever the embassies published, can be at times, their interpretation.  I find flaws in their "opinion". Just like everyone has an opinion, so does the embassies. This process currently is a wait and see in my opinion.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.