Prisonmate

Are K1 Visa allow to travel to the USA?

132 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

According to this unless they have a green card they cannot leave.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/health-alert-u-s-embassy-manila-june-3-2020/

4.       International travel restrictions remain under GCQ:

• Operations:  Most international flights remain suspended as a result of the travel restrictions, thus operations at NAIA are still downscaled and personnel there are still on skeletal and rotational deployment;
  • Arrival:  Only Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs); Filipino citizens and their spouses and dependents; foreign diplomats; and foreign crew members of airlines are allowed to enter the country; and
  • Departure:  All foreigners can leave anytime, but Filipinos are not allowed to leave unless they are OFWs, permanent residents, or holders of student visas in their countries of destination.

I thought the same thing.  Then I emailed this branch in Manila and I received the response below.  Honestly, I don’t know who to trust, this country really needs to get their communication straight....good grief.

—————————————————————————

Good evening! Kindly be advised that K1 visa with CFO Online Registration Certificate is allowed to travel out of the country, subject to primary inspection by the conducting Immigration Officer.

Please note as well on the the Travel Restrictions imposed by her country of destination.
Thank you.

Vines
POD

-- 
----------------------------------------
Kindly acknowledge upon receipt of this email. 

PORT OPERATIONS DIVISION
Bureau of Immigration
NAIA Terminal 3, Pasay City
8-777-888 local 8157
————————————————————

event.png

Timeline
3 minutes ago, apellica said:

Thanks for the update.  If you don’t mind me asking, when is her flight?

Monday, June 15th.

This is the Philippines. There are conflicting sources to answer the same questions. One source says you can't fly out. Another source says yes, you can fly out.  We won't know until she boards the plane in Manila.  I tried contacting the US Embassy and I get an automated answer to check with the airline. I checked the airline and they say yes as long as she has a valid visa. The PH Bureau of Immigration says no she can't leave unless she has a student visa.

I hope that is true.  It makes sense to me.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Prisonmate said:

Monday, June 15th.

This is the Philippines. There are conflicting sources to answer the same questions. One source says you can't fly out. Another source says yes, you can fly out.  We won't know until she boards the plane in Manila.  I tried contacting the US Embassy and I get an automated answer to check with the airline. I checked the airline and they say yes as long as she has a valid visa. The PH Bureau of Immigration says no she can't leave unless she has a student visa.

Best of Luck!  Hope it works out for the both of you.  My fiancée is too afraid to quit her job unless she definitely knows that she can leave the Philippines.....and I don’t blame her.

event.png

Timeline

"Good evening! Kindly be advised that K1 visa with CFO Online Registration Certificate is allowed to travel out of the country, subject to primary inspection by the conducting Immigration Officer. "

.....subject to primary inspection by the conducting Immigration Officer. (?) What is that suppose to mean? You're allow to leave BUT the conducting Immigration Officer has the final say????  So if he or she is having a bad day or doesn't like the way you look or if you did not insert some pesos with the supporting documents, you can't leave???? I don't know to laugh or cry.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Prisonmate said:

"Good evening! Kindly be advised that K1 visa with CFO Online Registration Certificate is allowed to travel out of the country, subject to primary inspection by the conducting Immigration Officer. "

.....subject to primary inspection by the conducting Immigration Officer. (?) What is that suppose to mean? You're allow to leave BUT the conducting Immigration Officer has the final say????  So if he or she is having a bad day or doesn't like the way you look or if you did not insert some pesos with the supporting documents, you can't leave???? I don't know to laugh or cry.

That’s why it is just too risky for us right now.  I’ve already been through enough pain getting my plane tickets refunded that I booked early June.  Not looking to do that all over again because the communication over there sucks.

event.png

Timeline
19 minutes ago, apellica said:

That’s why it is just too risky for us right now.  I’ve already been through enough pain getting my plane tickets refunded that I booked early June.  Not looking to do that all over again because the communication over there sucks.

Same here. I feel your pain.  My fiancee tickets were cancel twice already in April. Her K1 visa will expire in mid July.  She is afraid that if she don't leave now, the PH government may re-shut down again if the virus cases start increasing.  We are taking our chances and will see what happens.

10 hours ago, apellica said:

Here is what I learned working in the PI over the last decade and maybe (or maybe not) where some confusion lies.  When you ask if K1s can leave the PI, sometimes that will be interpreted as of now, like immediately the situation on that date you ask.  However if you ask can K1s leave on a certain date in June, you may get a different answer.  I know there is a change on June 15th for flights domestically, so its possible the BI is saying yes in one instance cause they are thinking of the June 15th date and another is saying no cause they are thinking about now, today.

I saw this type of confusion at work and it all depended on how I asked the question what answer I would get.  Its possible there is still a ban as the PI seems to be a bit behind other countries on opening up, Thailand is in the same situation, but just be extremely specific in your question, maybe it will help, may not. :) haha  Just make sure you have a refundable ticket or a ticket you can change the date on for free :)  

We are just trying to get to Manila to do the medical and interview and that in itself is a nightmare.  This is just one of the reason I decided to leave.  Being able to ask questions and get the answers you need is a skilled art form there :)  I failed miserably until I got my management to sit with me on Filipino communication styles. 

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline
On 6/6/2020 at 4:54 AM, apellica said:

Hi funiegirl19,

I’ve also inquired directly with the Bureau of Immigration and they told me the exact opposite.  Their latest press release about which visas are allowed to travel outside the country also confirms that.  If this is true then that is music to my ears, but I am not sure if that is correct.   I had a Facebook user said the same thing to me to only confirm later that K1 Visas are still banned from leaving the Philippines.

My fiancee had flights to leave the Philippines and have been cancelled by Philippine Airlines.  Granted, they now need a travel certificate to fly anywhere, but there are no sources that have been published stating that K1 Visas (Non-Immigrant Visa) can leave.  As it is, it has been a bit painful to get refunds on the tickets that I’ve purchased.  I would double or triple-check your findings just to make sure.  If your partner was or is able to leave this month, then I would love to hear about their experiences.

Hope it works out for you.  Best of Luck!

Typical of poor communication there in PH. The initial press release was silent to K1s so no one knew or still doesnt know the right answer. It appears they ARE allowed to leave (with proper documentation). That being said, who know what you will run into at the airport? Plenty of "officials" there are still operating in the dark. I would suggest anyone trying to fly out, bring the latest press release and other emails/communication you may have that supports K1 visa being allowed to leave. 

Unfortuantely, until enough people just go to the airport and try, we wont truley know the answers and then hopefully, we will know the right process and steps for a sucessful journey. 

14 hours ago, jameyj said:

Typical of poor communication there in PH. The initial press release was silent to K1s so no one knew or still doesnt know the right answer. It appears they ARE allowed to leave (with proper documentation). That being said, who know what you will run into at the airport? Plenty of "officials" there are still operating in the dark. I would suggest anyone trying to fly out, bring the latest press release and other emails/communication you may have that supports K1 visa being allowed to leave. 

Unfortuantely, until enough people just go to the airport and try, we wont truley know the answers and then hopefully, we will know the right process and steps for a sucessful journey. 

So does she have her visa yet? Have you tried to contact the embassy about getting them on one of their sponsored flights to the USA?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

So does she have her visa yet? Have you tried to contact the embassy about getting them on one of their sponsored flights to the USA?

Timeline indicates not even an approved petition 

YMMV

It is the country's protocol and yes the Immigration will decide. She must comply the requirements. All departing passengers especially locales will be asked a couple of questions before they will stamp the passport. If she's in connecting flight, the country's Immigration will ask questions as well. The real pain is at the port of entry/Immigration in the US cus they have the final say.😁😊 

Timeline

There are flights leaving the Philippines if you're lucky enough to catch one that was not canceled. The last flight from Manila to San Francisco via Philippines Airlines was June 1st. PAL has since canceled all the flights to SFO until June 14th. So passengers that held tickets to leave before June 14th had to rebook their flights again at a later date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.