Prisonmate

Are K1 Visa allow to travel to the USA?

132 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, Esterlyn said:

We got approved visa march 12 K1, march 13 K2. But we just got our visa packet last june1. Yes all of us here the K1 holders are in trying times. We just hope that everything went well and no more quarantine 

Oh wow! We got approved around the same time so our packet should be on the way also. That is great news!! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, praisejourney said:

Ours expires in August. We are hoping and praying that we can fly out of Clark Airport mid July.  Our visa status is Issued but we have not received it so we have another hurdle added to the mix. Plus my fiancee's area is still on GCQ. So many hurdles.  

Why are you interested in Clark only? People with a plane ticket to leave the country are allowed to travel to Manila within 24 hours of the flight.

Timeline
16 hours ago, apellica said:

Well, my fiancee's domestic flight from General Santos to Cebu has been cancelled.  Again, this is just a "Domestic" flight and it still got cancelled.  She spent a whole day getting a travel certificate that she cannot use.  I am so utterly disgusted with this country.  Why even bother selling tickets if they can't be honored.  I am completely convinced that the Philippines is not willing to get their act together unless they have their precious vaccine.  Guess I will be seeing my fiancee next year....which means getting this visa is going to end up being such a waste of time and money....

I am from gensan also. My fiancé in Chicago. We are so frustrated with all this cancellation and quarantine. I still have to get a pdos and GCP. It's really a hard work l, effort and money if we can't go. We are planning to go mid july

Timeline
3 hours ago, JonSeattle said:

Why are you interested in Clark only? People with a plane ticket to leave the country are allowed to travel to Manila within 24 hours of the flight.

Just because Clark is closer. Oh wow! That is really great news! I didn't know that. Thanks for the information!

Timeline
On 6/11/2020 at 8:42 PM, Esterlyn said:

I am from gensan also. My fiancé in Chicago. We are so frustrated with all this cancellation and quarantine. I still have to get a pdos and GCP. It's really a hard work l, effort and money if we can't go. We are planning to go mid july

What is PDOS and GCP? I thought all we needed was a visa and the CFO certificate?

Timeline

Has anyone gone through the process of getting their health certificate so they can travel to the airport?  Are these certificates able to be acquired in a single day? Do these allow you also to travel between GCQ and MGCQ areas? What has been your experience so far?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, praisejourney said:

What is PDOS and GCP? I thought all we needed was a visa and the CFO certificate?

PDOS & GCP are the two different types of CFO seminars that, depending on the type of emigrant you are, you will need to take

YMMV

Timeline
3 hours ago, praisejourney said:

Has anyone gone through the process of getting their health certificate so they can travel to the airport?  Are these certificates able to be acquired in a single day? Do these allow you also to travel between GCQ and MGCQ areas? What has been your experience so far?

My fiancee in Cebu just got her travel pass. She had to go to the city health department to get a certificate and a form from her local Barangay and Police Station. Don't ask. I don't know why all they paper work either. She sent me photos of the forms and talk about bureaucracy. If you're in Manila, you don't need a Travel Pass to get to the airport, I think.  It took my fiancee two full days to get all the forms as transportation in Cebu is still not 100% back up. Knowing the Phillipines, each area and each person will have different experience.

Timeline

To answer my own question I posted to start this subject, the answer is yes, K1 Visa can leave the Philippines if they can get to the airport and the flight is not cancel.

Timeline
3 hours ago, payxibka said:

PDOS & GCP are the two different types of CFO seminars that, depending on the type of emigrant you are, you will need to take

Ohhh I see they are under the umbrella of the CFO cert. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Prisonmate said:

To answer my own question I posted to start this subject, the answer is yes, K1 Visa can leave the Philippines if they can get to the airport and the flight is not cancel.

WOW! THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!!! Let's keep each other posted. Praying that we get our visa this month.

If your visa is in Issued status before lockdown and not delivered yet,  it might be already with 2go courier. If it does, they will give you a tracking number. You can call their mobile numbers and  you can also request them from door-to-door delivery to pick-up instead if you want to have your visa now. The approval of the request will take a day or two.

Screenshot_20200404_205204.png

Timeline
14 hours ago, Prisonmate said:

Really? That's great. How about K2? The dependent of K1. Maybe they're allowing it too? 

Timeline

Any updates?  Has anyone still be able to fly out?  We got approved on March 12th and still haven't received our visa. Looking forward to hearing your success stories.  Praying that we are all reunited with our finance's soon!

Timeline

Still very limited flights out of Manila to the USA.  My fiancee got her canceled just two days before departure. We re-booked the flight but the next available was 25 days later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.