zochu

Australians Waiting For Interview at US Consulate Sydney

1,565 posts in this topic

@NatP yes Sydney consulate was closed for a year, due to covid and then relocation. 

I understand your expedite, medical staff are in the national interest and so will get priority, which is important. I have tried expedite, however my work is not something deemed to be urgent, so it was denied. 

I hope you get your interview soon. Let us know when you do so we can get a sense of the waiting times, goodluck !  

24 minutes ago, BahamaBaby said:

@NatP yes Sydney consulate was closed for a year, due to covid and then relocation. 

I understand your expedite, medical staff are in the national interest and so will get priority, which is important. I have tried expedite, however my work is not something deemed to be urgent, so it was denied. 

I hope you get your interview soon. Let us know when you do so we can get a sense of the waiting times, goodluck !  

Thank you!!!

yes, I will keep the group posted as soon as I hear from them!

6 hours ago, BahamaBaby said:

@Tristan L sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I am DQ august 2021 and know a few others around that time who are still waiting on employment visa interview. 

I think @NatP got expedite due to being a medical worker, in national interest. 

Yes, that’s true. I’m a Nurse and they accepted my expedite end of July, 2022.

Case arrived in Sydney early August 2022 and they told me no interviews until November.

However, last Friday 2 other nurse colleagues who are going to the same hospital I am and whose expedite got accepted a month after mine ( end of August /22) got their interviews dates for October!!!!

I immediately replied to the same email the consulate told me “ November dates” and questioned them!!!!

I will let you guys know what their reply is!

38 minutes ago, BahamaBaby said:

Any other news of EB visa appointments at Sydney consulate recently? 

@BahamaBaby when I questioned them why they gave appointments to 2 other nurses in October when they told me they were fully scheduled until November, their reply to my email was: “ appointments are made in order of receipt”.

sooo not true! As I’ve been DQed and expedited before these nurses and for some reason, they were given dates both in early and mid October.

I honestly don’t understand their criteria, I don’t know if it has to do with birth countries as well and the visa bulletin thing…

I’m Brazilian and these nurses are from the Philippines. 

It’s so frustrating. I sent them another email trying to understand their reason for that but no reply. Even my husband wrote them an email to a different email address and no reply, too.

As I said before, I don’t know what their idea of expedite is…

Even though they’re waiving the non immigrant visas interview, they still can’t clear up all people waiting for IV interviews.

Have you tried to communicate with them recently?

just wondering what they tell other people 

1 hour ago, BahamaBaby said:

@NatP so have you got an interview date yet or are you still waiting? I believe October dates are all done (for regular none expedited cases anyway). We are just waiting to see what happens for November dates to sense how the backlog is moving. It’s been terribly slow so far… 

@BahamaBaby still waiting:(

my 2 nurse colleagues got interviews in October through expedite.

That’s my issue: I received my expedite and was placed on a waitlist for next available appointment, which then the consulate said “ November yet to be confirmed”

This was early August, ok?

my colleagues were expedited 2 weeks ago and already got the interview for October.

this is why I said I can’t understand their criteria… my only thought is that it must have something to do with birth country and the so called visa bulletin.

I questioned them on multiple emails and their reply was “ appointments are made in order of case receipt”

BS! If that was the case I’d have been interviewed already!

have you ever communicated with them?

I wonder what they’ve been telling other people.

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, AMTA said:

Hi @NatP have you received any update regarding your visa interview? Thank you. 

Hi @AMTA not yet but eagerly waiting for next week when the visa bulletin comes out and that’s when they can confirm the interview date.

the visa bulletin usually comes out each 17th of the month. I believe this is the reason why they said in their email to me that I should have my interview confirmed up until Oct 25th.

I’m praying I will have some good news next week! Hopefully everyone else, too!!

are you also waiting to be interviewed in November?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 7:41 PM, BahamaBaby said:

@NatP so have you got an interview date yet or are you still waiting? I believe October dates are all done (for regular none expedited cases anyway). We are just waiting to see what happens for November dates to sense how the backlog is moving. It’s been terribly slow so far… 

@Bahamababy have you received any update about the interview schedule recently? The Sydney consulate perhaps forgot to update their information on facebook. Thanks.

22 minutes ago, BahamaBaby said:

Hi @Tristan L what is your DQ date? NVC has sent interview letters for EB visas until July 2021. They appear to be covering 2 months at a time to help address the backlog. Facebook page should hopefully be updated next week. 

Hi Bahamababy, 

Thanks for your informaiton. My DQ is around Dec. 2021. I remembered your DQ is around Aug. 2021 and hope you will receive the interview letter very soon.That will be very grateful if they could do something to reduce the backlog. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.