zochu

Australians Waiting For Interview at US Consulate Sydney

1,567 posts in this topic

How long did it take people to hear back about a decision for their expedite request? They've had mine for over 5 business days, wasn't sure if that's normal? (over 5 days since they acknowledged receipt. Over 9 business days since originally sent)

21 minutes ago, GiggsMcGill said:

How long did it take people to hear back about a decision for their expedite request? They've had mine for over 5 business days, wasn't sure if that's normal? (over 5 days since they acknowledged receipt. Over 9 business days since originally sent)

You should hear shortly!

40 minutes ago, GiggsMcGill said:

We submitted our expedite request on July 6, received an email that they're reviewing it on July 10 and finally received the email that the expedite request was accepted on July 16. I received an interview appointment email from the consulate on July 21.

2 hours ago, aus2tx said:

Our interview is DONE!

According to my husband, these were the questions asked (and apparently very tailored to our situation):

1. When/how did you meet? (2010)

2. What year did you get married? (2017)

3. Why did it take so long to get married? (lol)

4. Did your family attend the wedding?

5. What job do you do? (As stated before, he has a job offer for the US already as he is transferring with his current company from the Aus branch to the US)

6. What job does the sponsor do?

7. Why did you do study abroad in California, not Texas? (my school didn't do the same SA program so we didn't care where he went)

TBH we were surprised at the Study Abroad question. That didn't even cross our minds as being a potential question... not that we had any real worries about it!

He also reported that there was only one agent working the counter. As we provided an additional 40 pages of documents for review (I864 and I864a) it took an additional 30 minutes to review. He also reported there was another applicant there and feels they may have been frustrated with us for taking so much time (sorry!).

Thank you, @zochu for your experiences as we were able to get a sponsor before the interview. The agent said that while my income (for 2019) and his offer letter with his company in the US would have been very tempting documentation, the sponsorship is what pushed us overwhelmingly into an approval.

THAT SAID, we're currently chilling at 'Refused' as the medical hadn't arrived to the consulate yet. Medical was completed on 8/12. We were advised that we should hear more later this week! My husband is giving the Dr. office a call today.

We're almost done with the whole rigamarole!

EDIT: OH! And no issues with that darned police certificate!

Congrats to you guys!!  I assume that was your husband I saw there this morning then.

I also had my interview (K-1) tHis morning which was ‘approved’ pending the reviewing of the medical results.  I know that the medical results arrived there on Friday (a day delayed) so I’m hoping that this happens sometime today or tomorrow.  I’m packed and ready to go.... I just want to book my flight and get home!!

Also sitting at the ‘refused’ status with the yellow sheet that just has ‘medical’ marked.  CO said everything was fine and the visA will be issued as soon as it’s reviewed and input (assuming there is no issues with it of course).  It’s still one of those things though.... I feel like we should be celebrating today... but can’t because it’s not issued yet!!

My questions were:

What does your F do for work?

What do you do and will you remain in that industry once you arrive?

Your fiancée has a child? (She has 2)

Do you have any children?

When do you expect to get married?

Talk about how your relationship evolved, because I see your divorce was only finalized late last year.

That’s about it.  Said he had to make a few notes in the system, about 2 mins later gave me the news that ‘everything good on our end - just waiting for the medical to be processed by the internal review process’.  My Medical was last Monday 10th.

Praying for it to come through in the next day or so.  THIS wait feels the worst!

55 minutes ago, Entheos said:

Congrats to you guys!!  I assume that was your husband I saw there this morning then.

Also sitting at the ‘refused’ status with the yellow sheet that just has ‘medical’ marked.  CO said everything was fine and the visA will be issued as soon as it’s reviewed and input (assuming there is no issues with it of course).  It’s still one of those things though.... I feel like we should be celebrating today... but can’t because it’s not issued yet!!

That’s about it.  Said he had to make a few notes in the system, about 2 mins later gave me the news that ‘everything good on our end - just waiting for the medical to be processed by the internal review process’.  My Medical was last Monday 10th.

Praying for it to come through in the next day or so.  THIS wait feels the worst!

Ha! We send our condolences for taking too long!

Give your Dr a call. I don’t know which of the 2 Sydney providers he went with but he called this morning and was told the information was sent (eMed) over to the consulate on the 14th and the Dr will be following up to make sure it was received. I’m expecting an extra week of processing (so, 3 weeks instead of 2 for the passport return)

Honestly!! I feel a little robbed! Instead of feeling excitement I now can’t wait to feel relief lol

Just now, aus2tx said:

Give your Dr a call. I don’t know which of the 2 Sydney providers he went with but he called this morning and was told the information was sent (eMed) over to the consulate on the 14th and the Dr will be following up to make sure it was received. I’m expecting an extra week of processing (so, 3 weeks instead of 2 for the passport return)

Honestly!! I feel a little robbed! Instead of feeling excitement I now can’t wait to feel relief lol

Mine was an express post package sent over last week.  K1 don’t get to do emedical.... I have the tracking number so I know it’s been delivered there.

22 minutes ago, aus2tx said:

i was the same! I wanted to get the approval at the consulate. But I’m telling you, the moment you get your visa you don’t really care anymore.

If anyone is moving October. I’m taking air NZ flight. Someone take the flight with me too ahahaha 

Our Visa Journey:

2 April 2018: Married in Santa Ana, California 💒

6 June 2019: Birth of our daughter 👶👨‍👩‍👧

14 October 2019: Sent I-130 package via AusPost 📮 

18 October 2019: NOA1 received - sent to Texas Service Centre :D

24 October 2019: USCIS processed filing fee 🤑 waiting game 🕰️

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

19 May 2020: Immigrant visa Fees PROCESSED; affidavit of support fee PROCESSED 

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

27 June 2020: Expedite request submitted 🤞

7 July 2020: Expedite request APPROVED! 😃😭

15 July 2020: Email received advising of interview date and time. 
20 July 2020: Medical i: n Melbourne CBD 🏥     
28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

31 July 2020: uploaded joint sponsor to NVC, emailed consulate 

5 August 2020: emailed received advising they have received the joint sponsor 

7 August 2020: case i0n “administrative processing” 🤞

10 August 2020: visa ISSUED 😭 

12 August 2020: passport and visa in hand!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, zochu said:

If anyone is moving October. I’m taking air NZ flight. Someone take the flight with me too ahahaha 

Haha that would be so fun if multiple people from here ended up on the same flight! ❤

Oh I discovered my husband is stalking the thread. 

His additional inputs:

1. I went with Dr Aldous from the O’Connell St Clinic
2. I think that K-1 guy (@Entheos) was before me, it was the woman after me I felt bad for lol

And

If anyone asks, Dr Rappaport’s availability sucks

14 minutes ago, aus2tx said:

His additional inputs:

2. I think that K-1 guy (@Entheos) was before me, it was the woman after me I felt bad for lol

And

Yeah.  I was first in. Looks like we went to the same Dr.  I have called them and left a message for Tom to call me back.  My intended date of departure is in 2 weeks.. I’m really hoping they will ‘review’ my paperwork which has been there since Friday ASAP!!  I just want to go home.  I’m packed ready to book my flight.

14 minutes ago, aus2tx said:

His additional inputs:

And

what happened to the woman after? 

Our Visa Journey:

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

1 minute ago, zochu said:

what happened to the woman after? 

We just had 40 additional pages to review ha. I think she gave my husband a dirty glance for taking too long, who knows.

btw, what day are you flying?

@Entheos We’ll keep you updated on our status as well! Seems like a doc that may have their stuff in order. How crummy K1s can’t be eMed!

Just now, aus2tx said:

We just had 40 additional pages to review ha. I think she gave my husband a dirty glance for taking too long, who knows.

btw, what day are you flying?

@Entheos We’ll keep you updated on our status as well! Seems like a doc that may have their stuff in order. How crummy K1s can’t be eMed!

October 8 with air NZ from Melbourne to Auckland to LAX! 🙌 🇦🇺 ✈️🇳🇿 ✈️🇺🇸

I paid about $1500 one way with me and my infant child lol otherwise it’s about $1300 for just an adult. 

plus I paid for seating too. 

Our Visa Journey:

Just now, zochu said:

October 8 with air NZ from Melbourne to Auckland to LAX! 🙌 🇦🇺 ✈️🇳🇿 ✈️🇺🇸

Not too shabby! I loved flying with Air NZ. The most comfortable economy seats in the world I swear 

We’re planning to close the distance Oct 14. Less than 60 days away!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.