1,455 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
8 hours ago, juancarlos said:

Just go and tell them to get the biometric for the mother too. Maybe they do.

Tier 2 Agent said they definitely would not do my wife's biometrics without an appointment notice...so that is out.

They have really nice rules and processes in place that protect these people from any kind of accountability for screwing up the most basic of tasks.

Like not scheduling an 11 year olds biometrics without her mothers...given that the child's adjustment of status is tied to the mothers.  

Complete stupidity...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, AC&MH said:

Here we go again...

After having to refile because the Lockbox wrongly rejected our applications we now have yet another issue to resolve due to yet more USCIS incompetence.

As background...my wife and 11 year old step daughter are adjusting status from K1 and K2.

Yesterday we received an i797 in the mail for a biometrics appointment just for the i765 for our 11 year old step daughter ONLY.

Nothing for her mother.

Numerous hours of online chats and phone calls with tier 1 and tier 2 agents and the best they can offer is that they sent an email to the ASC handling the case and said the ASC would reply to us via email in 10 to 15 days.

Even after I told them the biometrics appointment was  for 10/7/2020(8days), they said that was all they could do and that I would just have to wait for them to respond.

I would say I'm shocked at the level of incompetence of these people but I am really not.

So at this point we must take an 11 year old child for biometrics for her i765, while her mother has not been scheduled for anything.

The level of stupidity from these people knows no limits.

Ok so I’m suggesting that the mom should go with the child and speak to the officer about it. They will treat her as a walk in and also take her fingerprints. I said that because it happens to me just 1 week ago. My biometrics appointment letter came and they did not schedule for my son. I took him with me and explained to the officer in charge. He was so professional with how he responded to me and helped us until we were done. So just try and see what happens. Wishing you best of luck! 

1 hour ago, JMGN said:

Ok so I’m suggesting that the mom should go with the child and speak to the officer about it. They will treat her as a walk in and also take her fingerprints. I said that because it happens to me just 1 week ago. My biometrics appointment letter came and they did not schedule for my son. I took him with me and explained to the officer in charge. He was so professional with how he responded to me and helped us until we were done. So just try and see what happens. Wishing you best of luck! 

You are right!  From my experience, which is just a little bit different from this situation, i realized that USCIS customer agents are not a resource you should depend on.. Its way better for the mum to go with her child and explain the situation, cus those ASC workers have more sense than customer agents... Customer agents will only leave you thirsty for more information LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi June filers! 

I hope you're all doing well, I was just wondering if everyone has already had their biometric appointment ? I have a receipt date of June 24th for the I-485 and June 4th for EAD and i131 but no news for the appointment yet

Have a nice day!

26 minutes ago, Lisa Pr said:

Hi June filers! 

I hope you're all doing well, I was just wondering if everyone has already had their biometric appointment ? I have a receipt date of June 24th for the I-485 and June 4th for EAD and i131 but no news for the appointment yet

Have a nice day!

Several of us are still waiting. It definitely varies by ASC.

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi guys!

Finally decided to join and reply because I have been going insane, checking my case status daily.

We filed for family based AOS June 3rd, received NOA about a week later. Had my bio August 14th (finally) and since Aug 21 my case is "ready to be scheduled for an interview". That's it. Nothing since. EAD and AP are in limbo (showing "case was received" and "case was updated to show fingerprints were taken").

Oh, I also received the I-693 deficiency notice end of June. I have the form ready to go but the notice specifically said not to mail in any documents but instead bring them to the interview.

So I wait. I haven't been home since last Christmas and really really need to go back this Christmas. Can anyone tell me my chances of at least receiving my AP by December?

Oh, we filed in San Diego, but I don't honestly know which center processes which form. Any insights?

What a year. I wish you all much patience and good luck!

3 hours ago, Meara said:

Hi guys!

Finally decided to join and reply because I have been going insane, checking my case status daily.

We filed for family based AOS June 3rd, received NOA about a week later. Had my bio August 14th (finally) and since Aug 21 my case is "ready to be scheduled for an interview". That's it. Nothing since. EAD and AP are in limbo (showing "case was received" and "case was updated to show fingerprints were taken").

Oh, I also received the I-693 deficiency notice end of June. I have the form ready to go but the notice specifically said not to mail in any documents but instead bring them to the interview.

So I wait. I haven't been home since last Christmas and really really need to go back this Christmas. Can anyone tell me my chances of at least receiving my AP by December?

Oh, we filed in San Diego, but I don't honestly know which center processes which form. Any insights?

The only insight is to wait

wait some more 

wait some more

rinse and repeat 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Meara said:

Hi guys!

Unfortunately not much to do but wait .. 😕 
At least you're one step closer than us still waiting on biometrics .. 😆

The wait is becoming difficult but let's hope most of us get their AP doc before Christmas to travel and see our family ! This year has been insane , family time is well needed !

sending my positive vibes to all of us ! 

Timeline

I might be worrying over nothing but I read in the May and April 2020 thread that some people called USCIS to inquire about their biometric appointment , asked to talk to a Tier 2 officer and then discovered that they missed their appointment and had never received the letter ..

Has any of you asked about it to a Tier 2 officer?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone! I have my interview coming on Monday, I think I'm prepared but I was trying to look for an aos interview checklist somewhere on this site just to make sure I have everything I need. Could someone link me? I'm adjusting from a K-1.

Good luck to everyone still waiting! ❤ I know I'm one of the lucky ones

Timeline
54 minutes ago, LadyInGreggs said:

Hi everyone! I have my interview coming on Monday, I think I'm prepared but I was trying to look for an aos interview checklist somewhere on this site just to make sure I have everything I need. Could someone link me? I'm adjusting from a K-1.

Good luck to everyone still waiting! ❤ I know I'm one of the lucky ones

Wow that was so quick !! I am sure everything will go well ! very happy for you !  Keep us posted :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, Shan181 said:

FYI some people call the USCIS to get bio appointment expedited. 

This only works if your biometrics was cancelled due to Covid-19 but I don’t think it’s anyone’s case here 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.