dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2020

621 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Probably early next week. IOE cases usually receive within a couple of days

Edit - I saw your timeline says DCF is that by accident? DCF would be an entirely different process from CR1/IR1

Yes it’s by mistake, didn’t even notice it. It’s IR1, US citizen applying for spouse 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, maryamkhan said:

Hopefully because the fact everybody else received it is freaking me out 

Sometime they take time to send approval from service center  because every officer and service center is different. Sometime they send approval before and update  website 

10 minutes ago, Faisal1 said:

Sometime they take time to send approval from service center  because every officer and service center is different. Sometime they send approval before and update  website 

Hopefully that’s the case. Keeping my fingers crossed. Also our status on online account still says in process but we found the approval under documents tab. But uscis app shows “case sent to department of state”. May be that’s why they are taking so long to send case number 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by maryamkhan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 minutes ago, maryamkhan said:

Hopefully that’s the case. Keeping my fingers crossed. Also our status on online account still says in process but we found the approval under documents tab. But uscis app shows “case sent to department of state”. May be that’s why they are taking so long to send case number 🤷🏻‍♀️

Samething happened to me.  So you need to wait until next week 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
13 minutes ago, maryamkhan said:

Don’t worry about the “in process”. It still says this for us and we got approved on March 4th 🤣 you should have a little blue box saying “case closed” above or below the case number on the overview page. That indicates that the USCIS part has been completed.

1 hour ago, Faisal1 said:

Samething happened to me.  So you need to wait until next week 

How long did it take for you to get the case number? 

1 hour ago, Quarknase said:

Don’t worry about the “in process”. It still says this for us and we got approved on March 4th 🤣 you should have a little blue box saying “case closed” above or below the case number on the overview page. That indicates that the USCIS part has been completed.

Yup we have that. Now just worried about NVC email 🤭

4 hours ago, maryamkhan said:

How long did it take for you to get the case number? 

Yup we have that. Now just worried about NVC email 🤭

It will come! It took a months for us 😂

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

Does anyone know if after the DQ the consulate received the approval now? If I look at the time lines there is an option to fill in “consulate received”. Is this on hold now too due to corona or is that still happening?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rosie91 said:

Does anyone know if after the DQ the consulate received the approval now? If I look at the time lines there is an option to fill in “consulate received”. Is this on hold now too due to corona or is that still happening?

The case remains with NVC until an interview is scheduled. Once NVC has the interview date, they notify you and ship the case to the consulate.

The way it works is that Consulates give NVC the available time slots for immigrant visas. NVC fills them and from there it goes it’s way as described above :)

Edited by Quarknase

9 hours ago, Quarknase said:

The case remains with NVC until an interview is scheduled. Once NVC has the interview date, they notify you and ship the case to the consulate.

The way it works is that Consulates give NVC the available time slots for immigrant visas. NVC fills them and from there it goes it’s way as described above :)

Thanks! 😊

Has anyone here successful changed embassies at NVC stage and can you tell me how long it took? My friend is still at the nvc stage and (she is US citizen and currently lives abroad in UAE with her Hungarian husband), she is moving to the US shortly and her husband will go to Hungary his home country until he can get the green card. The attorney has told them that he cannot change his embassy to Hungary until he moves there (which doesnt make sense bc he is a Hungarian citizen so he has a right to interview there, whether he is living there or not?). I feel like she is getting dicked around by the lawyer and he is potentially delaying this process for them (unknowingly).

Please if you have any insight on the change of embassy process and how long it takes let me know. Can you apply for a change of embassy at any time?

Timeline
1 minute ago, IAQ said:

Has anyone here successful changed embassies at NVC stage and can you tell me how long it took? My friend is still at the nvc stage and (she is US citizen and currently lives abroad in UAE with her Hungarian husband), she is moving to the US shortly and her husband will go to Hungary his home country until he can get the green card. The attorney has told them that he cannot change his embassy to Hungary until he moves there (which doesnt make sense bc he is a Hungarian citizen so he has a right to interview there, whether he is living there or not?). I feel like she is getting dicked around by the lawyer and he is potentially delaying this process for them (unknowingly).

Please if you have any insight on the change of embassy process and how long it takes let me know. Can you apply for a change of embassy at any time?

The interview is usually being held in the country of residence, not in the country of citizenship. Once your friends husband moved back to Hungary and the case has reached NVC, they can submit an inquiry via online form and explain that he moved back and ask to get re-assigned to the consulate in Hungary. They would need to provide proof of residence (such as passport, local drivers license, a utility bill or anything else that proofs his residence there).

1 minute ago, Quarknase said:

The interview is usually being held in the country of residence, not in the country of citizenship. Once your friends husband moved back to Hungary and the case has reached NVC, they can submit an inquiry via online form and explain that he moved back and ask to get re-assigned to the consulate in Hungary. They would need to provide proof of residence (such as passport, local drivers license, a utility bill or anything else that proofs his residence there).

I thought you could interview at your country of residence OR your country of citizenship. This is what I was told by my lawyer. Confusing!

Timeline
52 minutes ago, IAQ said:

I thought you could interview at your country of residence OR your country of citizenship. This is what I was told by my lawyer. Confusing!

That is correct too, but if the citizen of country A lives in country B then it’s held in the country of residence. I guess what I’m trying to say is, it’s not an issue to move back. He just provides proof that he moved back.

However, it wasn’t mentioned what stage they are in and if the case is already with the Embassy in his current country, then it can cause a slight delay while NVC re-assigns him to the other embassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.