Dmitry07

Flights from Russia to US

78 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

Hi Daria.. I don’t think anyone is keeping information from you, including the embassy. If there was news to share someone would share it, and you would know. They remain closed indefinitely- even “mission critical” visas are not being processed in places. 

May I suggest you find a hobby? I bought an exercise bike and am working out twice a day to get myself looking great for my fiancé and keep my mind off things. 

Hello, thank you for an advice.
Well, excuse me for irritating you so much.

Wishing you all of the best. :) 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Daria Parkinson said:

Hello, thank you for an advice.
Well, excuse me for irritating you so much.

Wishing you all of the best. :) 

Not irritating me, I totally feel your pain and know how hard it is. There’s just not any updates for anyone right now. When there is an update I’m sure you will know! 

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lucky Cat said:

Every consulate was shut down, while USCIS service centers continued to process petitions.  I would be shocked if any consulate did NOT have a serious backlog.....

Well, I am, of course, agreed, but still assuming, that each country has its own statistics.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

Not irritating me, I totally feel your pain and know how hard it is. There’s just not any updates for anyone right now. When there is an update I’m sure you will know! 

People do start getting their interview dates issued worldwide. I see updates from other countries, just not our country, which is what frustrating me. 

Timeline

Can anyone please share the working number for the Moscow Embassy, where they actually do pick up the phone?..

I’ve tried two numbers from the website, but every time the robot says, that I called at none-work hours... Very strange.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Daria Parkinson said:

People do start getting their interview dates issued worldwide. I see updates from other countries, just not our country, which is what frustrating me. 

Each embassy is going to be different. What is happening at one will have no bearing on what’s going on at the others. Russia is still #4 worldwide for the pandemic so the closures may actually have more to do with Russia being in the middle of the virus rather than the US not giving instructions to open. It’s all speculation at this point. 

I suggested the hobby in order for you to try to get your mind off it. I know it’s so hard, and everyone is going through being away from their loved ones. None of us know, and calling and emailing won’t make the case processed faster unfortunately. The good news is, you do have your husband, and you are able to talk through things together.

I hope everyone can get answers soon, but all we can do is wait. ❤️

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Timeline
1 hour ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

Each embassy is going to be different. What is happening at one will have no bearing on what’s going on at the others. Russia is still #4 worldwide for the pandemic so the closures may actually have more to do with Russia being in the middle of the virus rather than the US not giving instructions to open. It’s all speculation at this point. 

I suggested the hobby in order for you to try to get your mind off it. I know it’s so hard, and everyone is going through being away from their loved ones. None of us know, and calling and emailing won’t make the case processed faster unfortunately. The good news is, you do have your husband, and you are able to talk through things together.

I hope everyone can get answers soon, but all we can do is wait. ❤️

The Department of State already gave freedom and corresponding instructions to all of the Embassies/Consulates worldwide to resume their services, depending on the local circumstances.

Calling and emailing is better, than not doing anything at all.

Sorry, this immigration process becomes unbearable for me now. I haven’t seen my husband for more, than 7 months.

I don’t even know, how it is for you, knowing that K-1 visas are not even processing at all, because of the ban...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Daria Parkinson said:

The Department of State already gave freedom and corresponding instructions to all of the Embassies/Consulates worldwide to resume their services, depending on the local circumstances.

Calling and emailing is better, than not doing anything at all.

Sorry, this immigration process becomes unbearable for me now. I haven’t seen my husband for more, than 7 months.

I don’t even know, how it is for you, knowing that K-1 visas are not even processing at all, because of the ban...

There isn't a ban on K1 visas. It's just likely that they aren't going to schedule the interviews quite as quickly as with CR1/IR1, but we will still get our chance. I'm used to going 8 months in between seeing my fiance so I have gotten used to it. You just have to try to be strong. It will be okay! Don't let the government get you down. Good news is it looks like Russia is producing a vaccine quickly and on RT it says they may offer it free to all people of Moscow once its ready. Then the embassy employees can get the vaccine and everything will soon be business as usual!

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Cheburashka34 said:

There isn't a ban on K1 visas. It's just likely that they aren't going to schedule the interviews quite as quickly as with CR1/IR1, but we will still get our chance. I'm used to going 8 months in between seeing my fiance so I have gotten used to it. You just have to try to be strong. It will be okay! Don't let the government get you down. Good news is it looks like Russia is producing a vaccine quickly and on RT it says they may offer it free to all people of Moscow once its ready. Then the embassy employees can get the vaccine and everything will soon be business as usual!

Thank you for your kindness.

Timeline

My fiance wasn't able to get on the plane to Russia in Istanbul, Turkey. I'm getting tested for coronavirus tomorow and flying to see him as soon as I get the results.

Here's the official order by the Russian Government stating only Turkish, British or Tanzatian nationals are allowed entry:

http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_347693/

P.S. His flight from PDX was around $660 + e-visa for 90 days was around $50

Oh and Russians are exempted from visa for their travels to Turkey up to 60 days.

Good luck stay safe.

Timeline
1 hour ago, OliaNaumchuk said:

My fiance wasn't able to get on the plane to Russia in Istanbul, Turkey. I'm getting tested for coronavirus tomorow and flying to see him as soon as I get the results.

Here's the official order by the Russian Government stating only Turkish, British or Tanzatian nationals are allowed entry:

http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_347693/

P.S. His flight from PDX was around $660 + e-visa for 90 days was around $50

Oh and Russians are exempted from visa for their travels to Turkey up to 60 days.

Good luck stay safe.

Makes sense. Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.