Greenbaum

JUNE 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

467 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, noahminifam said:

I also wanted to mention that I sent the NVC an inquiry via email to get my case number last week. I followed the instructions exactly as in Tip 19 in the PDF and sent them an email directly. 

A few days later, I received this response: "In order to ensure your private information is protected, NVC will only respond to inquiries received through the Public Inquiry Form at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry. If you submitted your inquiry directly to this email address, please resubmit at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry in order to receive a response.

I was a bit surprised by this, but I went ahead and followed their instructions and submitted by inquiry using their form, and received this response 5 days later: "This petition is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. You will be notified with further instructions when the processing is complete."

This is the reason I will try to call the NVC to try to receive my case number over the phone. Hope this information is able to help.

That's added information and I thank you for sharing it with us. I went to the website only to find additional information. I believe with limited staff they are going to be tied up with different priorities. The inquiry you made is after you receive your approval and need a hardcopy of the approval immediately for instance to use for medical.

Due to the global COVID-19 outbreak, NVC is currently working with reduced staff. During this time, we ask that you only contact us with urgent medical or humanitarian inquiries, or necessary case updates that are still pending.

During this period of reduced staffing, we will not be able to answer general questions such as case status. 

So, sending off an inquiry to your case during the reduction phase of the current reduce staff will not get you much of anything. More patience. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Called the NVC early this morning, the wait time was only a few minutes and they were very receptive and helpful to give my case and invoice number. However, as expected, they mentioned that they have not sent the packet yet to the American embassy here in Budapest since the embassy is not scheduling K1 interviews. 

I called the American embassy here in Budapest to try to gather some additional information, I mentioned that I am a US citizen still currently living in Budapest with my fiancee and that we are waiting for a K1 interview. All they could tell me is that they are currently suspended for K1 interviews indefinitely and to check their homepage for updates.

I guess we will have to wait and see..

I am seeing repeatedly that many of you are making unnecessary inquiries to USCIS and your embassy. Here are some tips.

USCIS - You will never get an exact answer to your inquiry. They will NOT discuss your case with you. Their answer will always be "you are within the current processing timeline" and "until you are outside of that timeline then you can make your inquiry." So, I advise you to check your processing timeline with USCIS at 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Embassy - Every embassy has posted their status. Stay engaged with your embassy's website for the latest updated information. Calling them or emailing them will not get your file to move any faster. It is what it is. If you call, they will tell you the same thing that is on their website. Don't waste their time nor yours for something that you can do for yourself. Someone else's embassy is not going to be what your embassy's current status is. The two are not the same.

Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Embassy - Every embassy has posted their status. Stay engaged with your embassy's website for the latest updated information. Calling them or emailing them will not get your file to move any faster. It is what it is. If you call, they will tell you the same thing that is on their website. Don't waste their time nor yours for something that you can do for yourself. Someone else's embassy is not going to be what your embassy's current status is. The two are not the same.

Good luck and stay engaged. 

This is very true, New Zealand has reopened their embassy conducting k1 visa interviews etc again according their website and Australia is still only doing emergency interviews (Australia's who have had interviews have been emergency/expedited) and we our next door neighbours. Every country is reopening in what they seem is best, so let's all enjoy the waiting game by keeping safe, talking to our significant other and finding a new hobby we never had time for.    

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline
On 7/22/2020 at 7:35 PM, ML4279 said:

Thank you (and thank you @Greenbaum). We contacted the NVC over the phone and they told us to send a request with a copy of her passport photo over the general inquiry page. They said because no cases are being shipped to Russia at this time it's likely they can make the change prior to the case being shipped. I hope this is true. I also sent an email to the expeditenvc email address with the same information.

Thank you both very much for flagging. I sincerely hope this does not cause further delays.

@Greenbaum and @DaveAndAnastasia today we received a new case number starting with TBL for Tbilisi. Thank you both so much for your quick advice, you’ve saved our family likely another few extra months of waiting (I can’t imagine what an administrative nightmare our case being stuck in Russia would be) since we would not have thought to even think about the case number had it not been for the PDF and this forum. A million thanks! 

Georgia has begun processing some visas as of July 20 but not K1 visas so fingers crossed they will begin soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys, we received our NOA2 Jun 27. I guess now I gotta continue playing the waiting game. So, I should wait for the embassy to open and then call after 5 weeks?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Giodude said:

Hey guys, we received our NOA2 Jun 27. I guess now I gotta continue playing the waiting game. So, I should wait for the embassy to open and then call after 5 weeks?

You need to wait about 5 weeks and call NVC

5 hours ago, Giodude said:

No you stay connected to the embassy's website for further details. Read:

Also, you need to get a copy of the PDF on the first page in the first post that walks you through everything that happens at the NOA2 stage. You can thank me later. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/31/2020 at 3:03 AM, Solaris81 said:

You need to wait about 5 weeks and call NVC

I got mine June 19th,. I emailed State department per instructions. I never got an email response or a letter. 

57 minutes ago, LindaStewart said:

I got mine June 19th,. I emailed State department per instructions. I never got an email response or a letter. 

Nothing is sent till the file leaves NVC. Since no files are leaving you won't get a letter. 

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just rang the NVC and got my case number, was on hold for nearly an hour. Got my NOA2 back on June 10th.
Bloke I spoke with was great to deal with. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Broadford said:

Just rang the NVC and got my case number, was on hold for nearly an hour. Got my NOA2 back on June 10th.
Bloke I spoke with was great to deal with. 

Nearly two months. It's a slow painstaking process. They barely received mine today. Will not get a case # for a week or more. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I called NVC at 7 AM. From start to finish the call lasted 8 minutes. I received my NOA2 on June 19th. I was able to get my case number and Invoice ID. She said they received it  on July 17th, so they may still be putting it in the system. 🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.