SMK

CRBA with COVID 19

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/12/2020 at 1:02 AM, SMK said:

A day before her Visa appointment, the embassy canceled all appointments due to Covid 19.

I assume that you have contacted the embassy via email to let them know the urgency and uniqueness of your situation.  They are open for emergency services for US citizens and this situation seems to meet that criterion.  If there is enough time before her due date, and if they reopen for visa interviews before she is in her final three months, you could hopefully be first in line for an interview.  That of course assumes that she gets approved for a visa, receives her passport with visa in time, and can get a flight to the US somehow to use the visa if borders and airlines open up again.  Maybe contact your congressman in the US for assistance, it wouldn't hurt to try.  There may also be a nearby country, as others have said, where she could deliver the baby so that he's not stateless, if travel and border restrictions loosen up.  Also, as I suggested in my previous comments, this is one of those times when paying a very experienced attorney in these matters would make a lot of sense.

Edited by carmel34

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Page 3 of this report gives you a way to get Saudi citizenship for the baby:

Saudi women married to non-nationals: Pursuant to Cabinet Decision No. 406 of 12 November 2012, approval was given for the sponsorship of children of Saudi women married to nonnationals to be transferred to their mother if they are resident in the Kingdom.

https://files.institutesi.org/UPR31_SaudiArabia.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Stateless people move to the US, they would need some sort of travel document, does not need to be a Passport.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, SMK said:

I did today, waiting for a reply.

what is emergency IV appointment?

Sorry it wasn't clear -- the Embassy is closed for routine immigrant visa (IV) issuances, but may be able to accommodate an emergency IV appointment.  Your wife would, of course, need to still be medically able to travel for this to be of any benefit.

Edited by jan22

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On 5/12/2020 at 3:34 PM, SMK said:

I work in Saudi Arabia and she is from Saudi. Laws here don’t allow the mother to pass the nationality. The baby will be born in Saudi Arabia.

I’m still getting emails about repatriation flights so YOU can return to the US anytime you wish.  Your wife unfortunately cannot and your baby will definitely not be granted Saudi citizenship.  

You are correct, you’re in deep trouble here.  How much presence do you actually have in the US?  How much can you absolutely document?

They (Dhahran Consulate) barely took my college transcripts and old apartment leases and I never had a passport between 1974 and 2006.  The embassy is taking emergency cases but absent definitive proof of US presence they will likely not approve a CRBA.

Timeline
3 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Page 3 of this report gives you a way to get Saudi citizenship for the baby:

Saudi women married to non-nationals: Pursuant to Cabinet Decision No. 406 of 12 November 2012, approval was given for the sponsorship of children of Saudi women married to nonnationals to be transferred to their mother if they are resident in the Kingdom.

https://files.institutesi.org/UPR31_SaudiArabia.pdf

Sponsorship is not citizenship LOL

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline

https://www.refworld.org/pdfid/3fb9eb6d2.pdf

These are their Draconian rules.  OP may need to relocate and settle in the US and then have to petition his wife and baby.  Otherwise the baby will get an Iqama (sponsorship) but will be a stateless (legal) resident of KSA until an immigrant visa to the US is sorted out.

Edited by Nitas_man

8 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

I’m still getting emails about repatriation flights so YOU can return to the US anytime you wish.  Your wife unfortunately cannot and your baby will definitely not be granted Saudi citizenship.  

You are correct, you’re in deep trouble here.  How much presence do you actually have in the US?  How much can you absolutely document?

They (Dhahran Consulate) barely took my college transcripts and old apartment leases and I never had a passport between 1974 and 2006.  The embassy is taking emergency cases but absent definitive proof of US presence they will likely not approve a CRBA.

Hi Nitas,

I do have my colleague transcripts (covering 4 years) and random phone bills (covering 3 months, I called AT&T to retrieve other bills but they don’t keep records for more than 7 years and I disconnected my line in 2010). 

How can I prove my presence on my other visits, when I was just visiting family in the US? It was on my summer vacations? Don’t they have records in their systems of all my entries to US?

On 5/14/2020 at 10:44 AM, SMK said:

Hi Nitas,

I do have my colleague transcripts (covering 4 years) and random phone bills (covering 3 months, I called AT&T to retrieve other bills but they don’t keep records for more than 7 years and I disconnected my line in 2010). 

How can I prove my presence on my other visits, when I was just visiting family in the US? It was on my summer vacations? Don’t they have records in their systems of all my entries to US?

@Nitas_man do want to bug you out but can you share your views? You have the knowledge and I need your help.

Thanks

Timeline
7 hours ago, SMK said:

@Nitas_man do want to bug you out but can you share your views? You have the knowledge and I need your help.

Thanks

I used old passport data and non-US entry / exit stamps matched up with apartment records and deed for house that we pulled from Nitas immigration application files for ROC and AOS and we were in the US

If you have your old passports you need to back build a timeline soonest but you need something else that tells them you were in the US and not somewhere else.

I’m not sure how else you can do it.  If I lived exclusively in the US from 1969 to 2009 and had a little trouble?  Wow dude.  We only entered Saudi 5 months before our daughter was born.  

My transcripts had to be matched up with old passports and I had every old passport I’ve ever held.  Not a single stamp or record that I had been anywhere matched with school attendance did it.  No gaps.  

The idiot at the counter even suggested I could have taken online classes back in the late 80’s and early 90’s, when the internet consisted of dialup Compuserve and AOL, and there were no such thing as online classes.  That idiocy was embarrassing to her for sure when I asked her did she know some kind of alien technology that would make that possible.

• 3 months later...

I don’t know if it’s too late but I got a FOIA request asking for all my travel records, entering and leaving the U.S. It took a little bit of time, but I got it, along with the 300 page immigration record. You can do it online and they will email to you. It is worth a try if it can prove the extra time you need to prove physical presence.

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2020 at 12:20 AM, am2847 said:

I don’t know if it’s too late but I got a FOIA request asking for all my travel records, entering and leaving the U.S. It took a little bit of time, but I got it, along with the 300 page immigration record. You can do it online and they will email to you. It is worth a try if it can prove the extra time you need to prove physical presence.

thanks for this info... I just sent my foia request!

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2020 at 3:20 PM, am2847 said:

Tell me please, they released all your files ? No pages were covered/redacted like because of the “privacy issue”? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.