J&S12

July Interview Dates Open for London

348 posts in this topic

You do not need to be concerned if your Visa Appointment Service account shows ‘Attend Appointment’ – you may disregard this while all routine visa interview appointments are cancelled. When new appointment dates are available for booking, they will display through your appointment calendar within your account.

They say that all routine visa appointments are cancelled but that when appointments become available you will be able to book them, yet people can book them through the calendar on http://ais.usvisa-info.com/ right now for K1 visas. My appointment for the 7th July for a K1 that I booked last week has not yet been cancelled. Hmmm

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
50 minutes ago, goldhex said:

How is it positive?  Because they don't mention the PP?

Edited by remotercharm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 minutes ago, remotercharm said:

see here for responses. 

12 minutes ago, spikes746 said:

They say that all routine visa appointments are cancelled but that when appointments become available you will be able to book them, yet people can book them through the calendar on http://ais.usvisa-info.com/ right now for K1 visas. My appointment for the 7th July for a K1 that I booked last week has not yet been cancelled. Hmmm

Wow good luck!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 It sticks!

15 minutes ago, remotercharm said:

Exactly, it's means that at the moment we're only relying on the impact of a global pandemic lessening rather than the whims of a certain politician (I know which one I'd rather rely on! Ha :D )

Timeline
1 minute ago, goldhex said:

Exactly, it's means that at the moment we're only relying on the impact of a global pandemic lessening rather than the whims of a certain politician (I know which one I'd rather rely on! Ha :D )

I hope so. It still seems discouraging to single out the k1 as not a routine service, though. I don't see why it should be treated any different than the spousal if it does not fall under the PP.

Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I finally received a slightly more clear (though it's not good news) email response from the embassy in London. 

They have quoted the update from the embassy website ( https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/ ) but as you see the've added the words "including K1" ... I was hoping the K1 would be allowed after the travel ban was lifted, but this makes it seem as though the K1 is included in the list of visas not being issued until Dec 31 due to the Presidential Proclamation ... 

Not sure what to do next. My interview was scheduled March 18, wedding set for September 26th. Current interview set for July 9th, but like many others, that's the third one I am waiting for to be cancelled. Sadly it isn't looking good from this response. We can only hope that they amend the EO, that I believe they review every 2 weeks (think I saw that somewhere), to allow the K1 visa to become exempt from the EO. 

545946302_Screenshot2020-06-24at15_30_58.thumb.png.07f7f8e5b3a729eb7d85a52e05b88992.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jonny_43 said:

Hi everyone, 

I finally received a slightly more clear (though it's not good news) email response from the embassy in London. 

They have quoted the update from the embassy website ( https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/ ) but as you see the've added the words "including K1" ... I was hoping the K1 would be allowed after the travel ban was lifted, but this makes it seem as though the K1 is included in the list of visas not being issued until Dec 31 due to the Presidential Proclamation ... 

Not sure what to do next. My interview was scheduled March 18, wedding set for September 26th. Current interview set for July 9th, but like many others, that's the third one I am waiting for to be cancelled. Sadly it isn't looking good from this response. We can only hope that they amend the EO, that I believe they review every 2 weeks (think I saw that somewhere), to allow the K1 visa to become exempt from the EO. 

Damn, we're screwed.  This doesn't change how I currently feel about the situation though.  Our k1 interviews are postponed indefinitely.  Any scheduled interview is a just a somewhat meaningless placeholder at this point.

Edited by remotercharm

Timeline

Personally, if I had any proper wedding planned, I'd cancel for an elopement at this point or something small that's easily flexible.  We're planning a "self uniting marriage" in DC.  You can always do a bigger celebration later when things are normal again.

Timeline

Hi everyone, 

545946302_Screenshot2020-06-24at15_30_58.thumb.png.07f7f8e5b3a729eb7d85a52e05b88992.png

Hi there, 

Would you be comfortable forwarding your emailed response? There is an immigration attorney that would be interested in seeing it that could perhaps make a clearer argument to the embassy about them classifying the K1 as an immigrant visa.

Yeah, surely there is some legal redress against the embassy as they are adding onto the proclamation something that isn't law.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visa-update-immigrant-visa-operations/

US Embassy in Manilla, Phillipines says K1 visas are not affected by the proclamations.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Look at TravelGov twitter. It's the official account for U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs. Numerous people have asked if K1s are impacted. The account stopped short of saying "K1 is not impacted" but they DID say "the Proclamation does not address K1 visas."

Read into it what you will. I have my thoughts about that answer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.