J&S12

July Interview Dates Open for London

348 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 hours ago, theballaam96 said:

We have received a case number from the NVC, we're not sure whether London has received that case as I don't believe we were given any notification about this (How would we know if this has happened?).

You will get this email when they actually send it to London. Unfortunately it’s a frustrating wait at the moment! Once you get that email I’d book a medical 

D2EC92AE-904D-4454-B594-7F4A6BB93F56.jpeg

Timeline

@theballaam96  I'd recommend checking out the "K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy" thread for your month.  April 2020 is here: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/736008-april-2020-k-1-noa2-to-nvc-to-embassy/

Greenbaum has a great PDF in the first post that explains the whole process and how to check up on each stage. Very useful!

Timeline
On 6/2/2020 at 6:19 PM, theballaam96 said:

We have received a case number from the NVC, we're not sure whether London has received that case as I don't believe we were given any notification about this (How would we know if this has happened?).
I have started to get together as much as I can for the full list of things that the USCIS website state for the medical/interview (just in case we don't have much time between interview and embassy notice), and we do have access to fill out the DS-160, but the NVC have told us not to fill this in until we get an email from the embassy with instructions etc.

My fiancee rang NVC last week and was told they were still processing at NVC, but they effectively have a big pile of applications to send to the London embassy, and this won't happen until it reopens. I'm in the same boat as you, just gathering documents for the medical, and think I will try scheduling a medical just to save time in case it gets busy when things reopen. 

Does anyone know when we expect the embassy to reopen? July maybe as this is when people have appointments lined up?

Not sure if cross-posting is allowed (have posted longer version of this in another thread) but wanted to make others in same (desperate) situation aware of this:

Update! The CEAC (Visa Appointment Service) online booking system has released a few new visa interview appointment dates at U.S. Embassy London for end of July/ early August. There aren't many left, so be quick!

Note: I am an IR-1 spouse of American citizen (both of us living in UK); not sure these appointments are open to other IV categories.

However, the U.S. Embassy website "Information for non-U.S. citizens following the Coronavirus / COVID-19 Outbreak" page
still continues to say under:

Is the U.S. Embassy in London closed/Has my visa interview appointment be cancelled?

"You do not need to be concerned if your Visa Appointment Service account shows ‘Attend Appointment’ – you may disregard this while all routine visa interview appointments are cancelled. "

And on the same page:

"...Embassies and consulates have canceled all routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments...We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time."

I take this to mean  ‘Attend Appointment’ doesn't actually mean  ‘Attend Appointment’ until the Embassy confirms routine visa services have resumed.

Hope this info is useful to someone!

Timeline

Hey not sure if this is the right place but does anyone know what happens if we get to say September and the borders to the US are still not open? Or does anyone know any information about the borders opening? 
need to hand notice into work and panicking a little

thanks 

18 minutes ago, Ah96 said:

Anyone else unfortunately had their July appointment cancelled? I was able to reschedule for July 27th so fingers crossed !! 

Just had my July 6th interview cancelled and rescheduled for August 4th. I'm optimistic this one will actually happen! (4th time lucky right?) :D

Edited by goldhex

Timeline
4 minutes ago, goldhex said:

Just had my July 6th interview cancelled and rescheduled for August 4th. I'm optimistic this one will actually happen! (4th time lucky right?) :D

Lol hopefully this is the final reschedule ! Glad to finally have the ball rolling albeit rather slowly. My initial interview was 27th March so you can imagine the frustration getting that cancelled from just a week or so out 🤣

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ah96 said:

Lol hopefully this is the final reschedule ! Glad to finally have the ball rolling albeit rather slowly. My initial interview was 27th March so you can imagine the frustration getting that cancelled from just a week or so out 🤣

Ours was March 17th, less than 24 hour notice. and we were only able to get an August 13th date.  Which I'm not holding my breath for either.  Would be nice if they rescheduled in order but probably too difficult.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ah96 said:

Spoke too soon.. July 27th appointment cancelled and now no available appointments at all ! 

4 minutes ago, Ah96 said:

Mine was March 30th! Good to find another member of the club :D did you already have your medical too?

2 minutes ago, Ah96 said:

Spoke too soon.. July 27th appointment cancelled and now no available appointments at all ! 

Wow... my August 4th is still showing as not being cancelled yet. Will update if it is. 

Edited by goldhex

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ah96 said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with them resuming with the IR / CR stuff. Perhaps they are pushing the K1's and others visa types back.

Just a thought. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, goldhex said:

Mine was March 30th! Good to find another member of the club :D did you already have your medical too?

yeah had my medical on the 9th March, hopefully it doesnt run out before I get an interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.