Timeline
11 minutes ago, Bikeordeath said:

Is that how long sometimes it takes to get an interview 5 months ? Stay safe 

Under normal circumstances not typically that long for Manila,  

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok I’m still in the nvc stage should here from them soon an yes a heard Manila is much quicker than some but given this year anything is possible then end of May I’ll be 6 months into my process so I guess I’m doing good thanks for the response ! 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Carin Bulado said:

Hi! 

If you're asking me i dont know really. 

I feel like there are delays but i hope not that long to get appointment. 

Hello Ms. Carin,

I hope you will please update us here with everything when the time comes. My fiancee will have to do all this in Manila around June or July, so I am very curious about how it will go with re-opening, the virus, the Executive Order, etc. Your experience will be very valuable information for all the other FilAm couples that follow. Thank you and good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, BadAmmoWitch said:

Hello Ms. Carin,

I hope you will please update us here with everything when the time comes. My fiancee will have to do all this in Manila around June or July, so I am very curious about how it will go with re-opening, the virus, the Executive Order, etc. Your experience will be very valuable information for all the other FilAm couples that follow. Thank you and good luck.

Hi BadAmmoWitch! 

Yes of course were good here :)

Im guessing i will be doing this by myself also, my fiancé has 50/50 chance to travel and see me. However im not scared 🤫 its just weird to do it by myself not in my city (talisay city, cebu). Me and my man has been updating and checking almost everything since covid until the proclamation. 

So in what stage are you now in your process? 

Ours was stuck as "in transit" but all is good, jist keeping the fingers cross and wait. 

and your welcome! :)

Timeline

Ya for sure I know Manila lockdown ends the 15th (as of now ) Everything went smooth so far nvc is half staff so it took them alittle longer to get my petition from uscis instead of 4-6 it’s more like 6-8 weeks but thx ! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

******   MOving to Philipines regional forum as a country specific question *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

3 hours ago, Carin Bulado said:

Because the Phi Embassy site it said we can make an appointment but the agency who work our papers told us to wait. Im just curious. 

If you are asking if you should trust the agency or the group that will actually interview you...I would always go with the Government.  Stick around and you will see how little those agencies actually know.  When in doubt follow the official direction.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

If you are asking if you should trust the agency or the group that will actually interview you...I would always go with the Government.  Stick around and you will see how little those agencies actually know.  When in doubt follow the official direction.

Thank you, when the proclamation was signed they(agency) didnt know not until i told them about it. We hired the agency the same month my fiancé left for the 3rd time visit and i have an almost 2 months of computer training, assestment for 3 weeks. I dont have all the time to manage my document but whenever i can i gather everything make it all done before my final school works pressure me again, thats why we hired them and now when my school year almost end then this happen. But i appreciate your words and yes i agree how much infos they know. 

Godbless! 

Just now, Carin Bulado said:

Thank you, when the proclamation was signed they(agency) didnt know not until i told them about it. We hired the agency the same month my fiancé left for the 3rd time visit and i have an almost 2 months of computer training, assestment for 3 weeks. I dont have all the time to manage my document but whenever i can i gather everything make it all done before my final school works pressure me again, thats why we hired them and now when my school year almost end then this happen. But i appreciate your words and yes i agree how much infos they know. 

Godbless! 

That right there would be more than enough to not go with them.  What made you choose a travel agency? Most of us do it ourselves 

1 minute ago, Carin Bulado said:

Godbless! 

Best of luck to you.  I get a little concerned when people trust those agencies a little too much.  An agency caused our denial for our K-1 because I followed their advice.  I just don't want to see that happen to anyone else.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That right there would be more than enough to not go with them.  What made you choose a travel agency? Most of us do it ourselves 

I dont wanna say its a mistake hiring them but im new in this whole process especially were having anither issues in his divorce decree i was anxious, at the same time my schedule in school is crazy i cant handle everything.And during the 3rd visit of my fiancé we had a 1 day fill ups at the agency (things that i dont know, especially the forms has soo many things to fill up) but im glad that our application has no delays and they are good at handling what might missed out. I wish i found this site before hiring them but all is good. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Best of luck to you.  I get a little concerned when people trust those agencies a little too much.  An agency caused our denial for our K-1 because I followed their advice.  I just don't want to see that happen to anyone else.  

Thank you for your concern :)

4 hours ago, Carin Bulado said:

I dont wanna say its a mistake hiring them but im new in this whole process especially were having anither issues in his divorce decree i was anxious, at the same time my schedule in school is crazy i cant handle everything.And during the 3rd visit of my fiancé we had a 1 day fill ups at the agency (things that i dont know, especially the forms has soo many things to fill up) but im glad that our application has no delays and they are good at handling what might missed out. I wish i found this site before hiring them but all is good. 

Not a problem I was simply asking. Most people originally thinks it's to much to deal with until they find us here. 

You are now in the Philippine subforum so this place is for anything Philippines specific. If you want to study the process the check out @Hank_ site to get a better understanding 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Bikeordeath said:

Is that how long sometimes it takes to get an interview 5 months ? Stay safe 

In mid March you could get a K-1 interview for a Tuesday or Thursday of the following week, and it looked like there were a large number of slots open. I told my fiance about the advice to do the Medical on Monday and the interview on Thursday, and not to bother coming in early on Monday either. For the most part it worked out well. They even told her she didn't need to come in until noon for the second day of the medical, but she ended up staying pretty late, and so got very hungry, that second day because of some misplaced paperwork.

With the rush to catch up after the shutdown, who knows what will happen with both the medical walk-ins and the interview scheduling.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.