Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, eizerr said:

What is the name of that facebook group? wanted to peek into that to see the reasons why people are denied the interview

There are 2 actually:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/551200925085716/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/uscitizenshiptestorg/

5 hours ago, Labradoodle said:

I just filed my FOIA request two days ago and it’s still showing as step 1. How long did it take your requests to go to step 2, and then to step 3?

Also, I’m reading some people saying the “entire” A-file should be requested. When I completed the FOIA request, I only saw one A-file selection in the menu and just selected that. Should I have selected additional items from that menu?

Hi 

I filed on 1/3 and am still on Step 1. I too am wondering how long it took others to move to Step 2 and then 3..

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Malik85 said:

Hi 

I filed on 1/3 and am still on Step 1. I too am wondering how long it took others to move to Step 2 and then 3..

Requested on 1/6. Step 1.

I'm afraid omicron may slow things down even more 

I’m confused about the “workflow” that happens during the USCIS FOIA process. Who requests the A-file from whom? When we send the request through the USCIS website, does the NRC (which is part of the USCIS I believe) request our A-file from National Archives? Or does the USCIS send our file to the NRC? And if so, what does the NRC do with it? So confusing! It would be great if someone can explain what exactly happens step bu step. Thanks! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Malik85 said:

Hi 

I filed mine on 12/10, it moved to step 2 right before Christmas and to step 3 on Jan 3.  I would say give it about 2 weeks to move to step 2. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Yupibotan said:

Requested on 1/6. Step 1.

I'm afraid omicron may slow things down even more 

I feel with everyone filing the FOIA requests now will pile up whatever small team they have assigned for that job. I also filed my FOIA req early a few days ago but given how slow the pace has been overall, I'm not confident I'll hear back until the 50-60 days mark. This whole process is just cursed. 21 months and going only with biometrics done so far. 🤣

I have a City job offer waiting for me but I'll be pushed into a waiting queue because I still don't have citizenship 21 months after filing. So I'm basically losing part of my potential livelihoood due to this delay. While my friend in Arizona got his whole process completed and citizenship granted within 6-7 months. No words!!!!

Edited by abfar
Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, abfar said:

I feel with everyone filing the FOIA requests now will pile up whatever small team they have assigned for that job. I also filed my FOIA req early a few days ago but given how slow the pace has been overall, I'm not confident I'll hear back until the 50-60 days mark. This whole process is just cursed. 21 months and going only with biometrics done so far. 🤣

I have a City job offer waiting for me but I'll be pushed into a waiting queue because I still don't have citizenship 21 months after filing. So I'm basically losing part of my potential livelihoood due to this delay. While my friend in Arizona got his whole process completed and citizenship granted within 6-7 months. No words!!!!

FOIA file 1/11 .. step 1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Labradoodle said:

I’m confused about the “workflow” that happens during the USCIS FOIA process. Who requests the A-file from whom? When we send the request through the USCIS website, does the NRC (which is part of the USCIS I believe) request our A-file from National Archives? Or does the USCIS send our file to the NRC? And if so, what does the NRC do with it? So confusing! It would be great if someone can explain what exactly happens step bu step. Thanks! 

Here is a link to the USCIS FOIA process. Has pretty much all the information in it. 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/uscisfoiarequestguide(7).pdf

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
1 hour ago, Malik85 said:

Thanks. Yes, let’s see if FOIA does anything or we might be forced to use a lawsuit, though not clear if that will solve the issue either…

They will just blame everything on Covid but they might just dig out your application. They don't have the time and the resources to get involved in a lawsuit. It might cost you some pretty penny tho. I rather file for a green card renewal and cough up the $500 for that. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, keyuree1 said:

They will just blame everything on Covid but they might just dig out your application. They don't have the time and the resources to get involved in a lawsuit. It might cost you some pretty penny tho. I rather file for a green card renewal and cough up the $500 for that. 

I have to agree with you!   I was holding out a last hope that the FOIA would help, but nothing has moved since it went to step 3 on 12/23.  

I am also thinking I will just file for a renewal as well.  I've got the application waiting to hit send.  LOL 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.