Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I believe in a few days we will know for sure if the FOIA strategy works ..since the person who reported it first mentioned that he received the notification for interview 10 days after getting to stage 3 ...and many of you are now in Stage 3..Regardless if you manage to get the A-file in your inbox by the estimated completion date -then there is nothing stopping USCIS from scheduling your interview. Hang in there guys!

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Rn400 said:

From FB and blogs, I see at least 5 applicants (May 2020 filers) received interviews in the past 2-3 weeks. Some of them have not filed FOIA. It's low count but it may be opening up?

Quite possible...again there is  dependency based on Field Office ( my application for instance goes out of processing time in a few days). . 

Would you mind sharing the FB groups ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Rn400 said:

From FB and blogs, I see at least 5 applicants (May 2020 filers) received interviews in the past 2-3 weeks. Some of them have not filed FOIA. It's low count but it may be opening up?

Can you please send me the FB page? Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/4/2022 at 10:39 AM, roddie2k said:

I believe in a few days we will know for sure if the FOIA strategy works ..since the person who reported it first mentioned that he received the notification for interview 10 days after getting to stage 3 ...and many of you are now in Stage 3..Regardless if you manage to get the A-file in your inbox by the estimated completion date -then there is nothing stopping USCIS from scheduling your interview. Hang in there guys!

Yes!   I am 14 days since it went to stage 3 (but it was also the holidays) and have a projected end date of 1/7.  Will definitely keep everyone updated, there have been no changes as of today. 

Hi All

For anyone who's interested, here's my account of my interview today. This is how it went for me, other experiences may vary:

I turned up at the Memphis office way to early, but the building security graciously allowed me to shelter in the lobby as it was freezing outside. 15 Minutes before my 8am scheduled interview, I went up and into the USCIS office where there were about 4 or 5 other people waiting to be signed in. A few minutes later, USCIS staff started signing folks in - they checked the letter, took a photo of you and checked your finger prints, then told me to sit and wait to be called. Just a few minutes after 8am the IO called me in and I had to swear to tell the truth in the interview. They checked my LPR card and drivers license, and then went straight on to the reading/writing/civics. The reading and writing was easy for me as a native English speaker, and the civics questions were as uncomplicated as I could hope for:

We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?
Who does a U.S. Senator represent?
If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
Who vetoes bills?
Who is the Chief Justice of the United States now?
Why does the flag have 50 stars?

6 out of 6, so no further civics questions. Then we reviewed the application - confirmed names, dobs, ssn, address, spouse & marriage details. They also confirmed I had not been abroad since applying. I had brought my mariage certificate and passports (old and current), but they never asked for them. They then checked the yes/no questions to see if anything had changed - which they had not. At the end I signed an ipad affirming the accuracy and completeness of the application - the electronic equivalent of the N-400 part 16. I also signed the ipad for something else (which I've forgotten for now!), but it was pro-forma.

The IO told me I was recommended for approval! They printed an interview result (form N-652) that said I passed and was recommended for approval. And that was pretty much it. The whole interview was well under 15 minutes.

My status is now "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"

Its taken a while to get here, but the staff at the Memphis office, were friendly and courteous, and it seemed very professional. For anyone else still not at this stage, hang in there - I'm sending my positive vibes.

Cheers

W

25 minutes ago, whatsawotsit said:

Hi All

For anyone who's interested, here's my account of my interview today. This is how it went for me, other experiences may vary:

I turned up at the Memphis office way to early, but the building security graciously allowed me to shelter in the lobby as it was freezing outside. 15 Minutes before my 8am scheduled interview, I went up and into the USCIS office where there were about 4 or 5 other people waiting to be signed in. A few minutes later, USCIS staff started signing folks in - they checked the letter, took a photo of you and checked your finger prints, then told me to sit and wait to be called. Just a few minutes after 8am the IO called me in and I had to swear to tell the truth in the interview. They checked my LPR card and drivers license, and then went straight on to the reading/writing/civics. The reading and writing was easy for me as a native English speaker, and the civics questions were as uncomplicated as I could hope for:

We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?
Who does a U.S. Senator represent?
If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
Who vetoes bills?
Who is the Chief Justice of the United States now?
Why does the flag have 50 stars?

6 out of 6, so no further civics questions. Then we reviewed the application - confirmed names, dobs, ssn, address, spouse & marriage details. They also confirmed I had not been abroad since applying. I had brought my mariage certificate and passports (old and current), but they never asked for them. They then checked the yes/no questions to see if anything had changed - which they had not. At the end I signed an ipad affirming the accuracy and completeness of the application - the electronic equivalent of the N-400 part 16. I also signed the ipad for something else (which I've forgotten for now!), but it was pro-forma.

The IO told me I was recommended for approval! They printed an interview result (form N-652) that said I passed and was recommended for approval. And that was pretty much it. The whole interview was well under 15 minutes.

My status is now "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"

Its taken a while to get here, but the staff at the Memphis office, were friendly and courteous, and it seemed very professional. For anyone else still not at this stage, hang in there - I'm sending my positive vibes.

Cheers

W

Congratulations !!! May we know if you have opened any FOIA request to get the interview scheduled ? Can we have your high level timeline plz ?

N-400 Applied: May 2020

Biometrics: ??

Intervew: Jan 2022

1 minute ago, rams_usa said:

Congratulations !!! May we know if you have opened any FOIA request to get the interview scheduled ? Can we have your high level timeline plz ?

N-400 Applied: May 2020

Biometrics: ??

Intervew: Jan 2022

Hi rams_usa

For completeness, here are my particulars:

May 25th 2020 : Filed online & got receipt notice

August 7th 2020 : received Biometrics reuse notice

Summer 2021 : Out of "normal" processing times (several times!). Raised a SR/enquiry on each occasion

Mid-October 2021: Wrote to my congressmans office, who immediately raised their enquiry with USCIS

November 18th 2021: My case is under active review by USCIS

November 26th 2021 : Interview scheduled

January 6th 2022: Interview & approval

??? : Oath & naturalization complete

I have been reading the various threads discussing FOIA requests, but my interview was scheduled before this tactic was widely discussed, so no I didnt open any FOIA requests. Things started moving for me after writing to my congressmans office, though it's hard to know if that really made any difference - it may just have been coincidence. My wife is still at the receipt notice/biometrics reuse stage despite filing the same day as me, so I'll be watching this thread to see if the FOIA's pay off.

Wishing well to all

Cheers

16 minutes ago, whatsawotsit said:

Hi rams_usa

For completeness, here are my particulars:

May 25th 2020 : Filed online & got receipt notice

August 7th 2020 : received Biometrics reuse notice

Summer 2021 : Out of "normal" processing times (several times!). Raised a SR/enquiry on each occasion

Mid-October 2021: Wrote to my congressmans office, who immediately raised their enquiry with USCIS

November 18th 2021: My case is under active review by USCIS

November 26th 2021 : Interview scheduled

January 6th 2022: Interview & approval

??? : Oath & naturalization complete

I have been reading the various threads discussing FOIA requests, but my interview was scheduled before this tactic was widely discussed, so no I didnt open any FOIA requests. Things started moving for me after writing to my congressmans office, though it's hard to know if that really made any difference - it may just have been coincidence. My wife is still at the receipt notice/biometrics reuse stage despite filing the same day as me, so I'll be watching this thread to see if the FOIA's pay off.

Wishing well to all

Cheers

Congrats on the completion of your naturalization.

Would you be able to share the letter you sent to your congressman? It would be nice to have a template since there are so many of us on the same boat. At this point I’m willing to try anything to trigger any action on my application.

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MKT3121 said:

Congrats on the completion of your naturalization.

Would you be able to share the letter you sent to your congressman? It would be nice to have a template since there are so many of us on the same boat. At this point I’m willing to try anything to trigger any action on my application.

Thank you!

Yes, please! I second that! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.