Receipt: Email 5/30/2020

Biometrics: Re-use notice on 2/19/2021

Interview notice: 5/20/2021

Interviewed: 6/24/2021

Disposition: Approved in real time.

Oath schedule: Coming up.

Interview

Afternoon, 810 Gears Rd

Officer: Female, gracious, professional, competent, engaging & familiar with case file

Duration: 15 minutes 

Setting: Literal office

On my person: 5 years official IRS transcripts, SS registration, GC, Texas DL, 2 passports issued by foreign government of birth (1 current, 1 expired) detailing all travel

Civics questions: 

1. Who leads the executive branch?

2. What happened on September 11th?

3. When’s the last day to submit tax returns?

4. Who lived in America before Europeans arrived?

5. When’s Independence Day?

6. What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?

Literacy:

From the tablet in front of me:

1. Read out: Who can vote?

2. Write out: Citizens can vote.

Perused N400 - confirmatory. We were in sync. Part 12: Went very well. 
Signatures: Directed to sign twice - once each on 2 separate digital documents displayed on the tablet, one at a time. Straightforward. 
Sign off: Officer approved case, signs off manually on record of passed civics test and hands me paper, updates system. 
Account: Oath ceremony lined up, wait for notice. 

Thank you all. Be gracious today. 

Signing off,

sj

Congrats

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all. 

Just logged in to my account and saw

Estimated time* until case decision:

approx. 11 days

I'm excited and terrified at the same time. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 6/25/2021 at 10:46 PM, magentahaze said:

Hey all. 

approx. 11 days

Good luck !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Biometrics done after 14 months of wait here in Houston. Now awaiting interview notice 🥲

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Finally after 4.5 months since my interview I got my oath ceremony date... so crazy how random it is that some people wait 10 minutes after interview to get it scheduled , and others  wait for months... and we’re talking about the same field office

Timeline
7 hours ago, Outsider said:

Finally after 4.5 months since my interview I got my oath ceremony date... so crazy how random it is that some people wait 10 minutes after interview to get it scheduled , and others  wait for months... and we’re talking about the same field office

Congratulations. I was one of those who they made me take a Sh@@t  in my pants during the interview but I got my oath scheduled as soon as I walked out the door of the USCIS building lolol

Timeline
21 hours ago, abfar said:

Biometrics done after 14 months of wait here in Houston. Now awaiting interview notice 🥲

I bet Houston is one of the busiest field offices in the entire country. Hang In there, build some patience 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/25/2021 at 11:46 PM, magentahaze said:

Hey all. 

approx. 11 days

Is it just me or do Canadians get longer processing times than any others? lol. I keep seeing Canadians having to wait like a year and a half for citizenship, and I had to wait over a year for my IR-1 even though I had been married to my wife for 3 years when we filed from Canada. She moved about a year before me, because of it.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Timeline
1 hour ago, bsd058 said:

Is it just me or do Canadians get longer processing times than any others? lol. I keep seeing Canadians having to wait like a year and a half for citizenship, and I had to wait over a year for my IR-1 even though I had been married to my wife for 3 years when we filed from Canada. She moved about a year before me, because of it.

I don't know, the whole system, especially since the start of COVID, has been so unpredictable.

Some of us have been waiting over a year and others that applied this year are already done! I don't get it. 

I procrastinated and waited 10 years to apply so another month or so doesn't really bother me. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, magentahaze said:

I don't know, the whole system, especially since the start of COVID, has been so unpredictable.

Some of us have been waiting over a year and others that applied this year are already done! I don't get it. 

I procrastinated and waited 10 years to apply so another month or so doesn't really bother me. 

I agree!  

I did the same, waited 9 years to file and I am going on 14 months wait time and had to get a I551 stamp. HA! 

I think we got the same bio re use date so here's hoping something is coming soon.

Timeline
On 7/2/2021 at 9:32 AM, bsd058 said:

I can tell you that I have waited for more than one year for a decision..and yes,I am a Canadian (until I take the oath lol).

ROC timeline

06b06/12 - package sent to CSC

06/08/12 - package received

06/11/12 - check cashed

06/14/12 - NOA1 received

Timeline
1 hour ago, royandme said:

I can tell you that I have waited for more than one year for a decision..and yes,I am a Canadian (until I take the oath lol).

I'm telling you, I don't know what it is, but it seems like our cases take forever. Not sure why. Low fraud country.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Timeline
16 hours ago, bsd058 said:

I'm telling you, I don't know what it is, but it seems like our cases take forever. Not sure why. Low fraud country.

Very true..low fraud country and it still takes forever for our cases to be processed.

ROC timeline

06b06/12 - package sent to CSC

06/08/12 - package received

06/11/12 - check cashed

06/14/12 - NOA1 received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.