1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 hours ago, TreverR said:

Hello Everyone, 

filed our renewal on May 17th and last night got an update that the request was approved and the card would be in the mail.   Seems like they are finally getting around to our numbers.  Better late than never.  

This is such a relief - thank you for the update. Husband filed May 12 and his extension period expires March 22, so we have been on their case about getting an update!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Is there anybody here that saw some movement lately? 
After my case changed to interview is ready to be scheduled à month and a half ago, we are still waiting.

i just talked to a tier 1 and when I asked him about the location of my file he told me that he’s only seeing that it was at the nbc back in May.

i hope it was transferred..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Ally&Axel said:

After my case changed to interview is ready to be scheduled à month and a half ago, we are still waiting.

i just talked to a tier 1 and when I asked him about the location of my file he told me that he’s only seeing that it was at the nbc back in May.

I received an email this morning from USCIS stating my case has been scheduled for interview. Though I have not received the hard copy yet. I will update you once I receive the mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ally&Axel said:

I did. My status changed to 'ready to be scheduled' this morning (first movement in 18 months) - and then I got further notice that my interview was scheduled later in the afternoon. Was impatient so I spoke to an agent on Emma and managed to retrieved the date and time of the interview from them.

It was really all very sudden. I was poised for a good long wait on this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
16 hours ago, Ally&Axel said:

We are still waiting.  But it appears that there is now movement for remaining May 2020 cases.

Timeline
13 hours ago, ShayrineC said:

I did. My status changed to 'ready to be scheduled' this morning (first movement in 18 months) - and then I got further notice that my interview was scheduled later in the afternoon. Was impatient so I spoke to an agent on Emma and managed to retrieved the date and time of the interview from them.

It was really all very sudden. I was poised for a good long wait on this.

17 hours ago, Ann0724 said:

I received an email this morning from USCIS stating my case has been scheduled for interview. Though I have not received the hard copy yet. I will update you once I receive the mail.

That’s awesome news guys! Hopefully it’s a smooth and short process for now on. 🤞🏽

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Jeff and Mei said:

We are still waiting.  But it appears that there is now movement for remaining May 2020 cases.

Ah I’m sorry about that.. I hope you hear good news soon.

I’m sure you’ve done anything you could do at this point. I do believe that reaching out to my congressperson had a positive impact, even though the immediate answer was to wait.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all,

our case has finally been scheduled for an interview.

It’ll be on February 2nd so almost exactly 22 months after applying.

on November 9th the status changed to ready to be scheduled for an interview and a month and 20 days after so on December 29th, it changed to interview scheduled.

good luck to everyone who’s been waiting very patiently. I feel your pain, especially to be left in the unknown as to when they’ll ever treat your case.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Ally&Axel said:

Hi all,

on November 9th the status changed to ready to be scheduled for an interview and a month and 20 days after so on December 29th, it changed to interview scheduled.

good luck to everyone who’s been waiting very patiently. I feel your pain, especially to be left in the unknown as to when they’ll ever treat your case.

I just received the mail and mine is scheduled on January 20th :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 12/31/2021 at 9:04 AM, Ally&Axel said:

Hi all,

Finally! Great news, @Ally&Axel. Best of luck in the interview!

Timeline
On 1/3/2022 at 8:09 AM, PatSquared said:

Finally! Great news, @Ally&Axel. Best of luck in the interview!

Thank you best of luck to you too 🤞🏽
I really hope you see some movement soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/19/2022 at 12:53 PM, Jeff and Mei said:

Any May 2020 AOS filers still waiting besides us?  I suppose I will ask every 3 months.

Yup, biometrics in Feb 2021 and no other notifications since. Not even an 'interview is ready to be scheduled' ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Timeline so far (applied in Austin, TX):

• May 4, 2020 (0 days) - 'Application received' (I-485, I-765)
  • Feb 8, 2021 (9 months, 3 days!) - 'Fingerprints taken', one day after biometrics appointment
  • Apr 13, 2021 (11 months, 8 days!) - 'New card is being produced' for I-765, employment authorization

Oh well, I'll apply for EAD renewal with probably no chance of getting a new one before the automatic six-month extension expires in Oct 2022, so hopefully we get interviewed before then or else I have to stop working again ;_;

Timeline for Adjustment of Status:

• May 4, 2020 (0 days) - 'Application received' (I-485, I-765)
  • Feb 8, 2021 (9 months, 3 days!) - 'Fingerprints taken', one day after biometrics appointment
  • Apr 13, 2021 (11 months, 8 days!) - 'New card is being produced' for I-765, employment authorization
  • Apr 17, 2021 (11 months, 12 days) - Original EAD delivered by USPS
  • Mar 29, 2022 (1 year, 10 months, 25 days!) - Case 'Ready to be scheduled for an interview'
  • Jan 18, 2023 (2 years, 8 months, 14 days!) - Received RFE for I-693 + evidence of marriage (I-751?)
  • May 2, 2023 (2 years, 11 months, 28 days!) - I-485 application approved!
  • May 9, 2023 (3 years, 5 days; or 36 months, 5 days; or 1100 days!!!) - 10-year permanent resident card delivered!

Timeline for EAD renewal:

• Feb 23, 2022 (0 days) - 'Application received' (I-765)
  • Feb 25, 2022 (2 days!) - 'Card is being produced' for I-765
  • Mar 4, 2022 (9 days 🤯) - renewed EAD delivered by USPS

Timeline for travel authorization:

• Oct 7, 2022 (0 days) - 'Application received' (I-131)
  • Dec 2, 2022 (56 days) - 'Fingerprints taken'
  • Dec 6, 2022 (60 days) - Advance Parole Document was produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.