1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
9 hours ago, Tjg312 said:

Packet was accepted on May 4 and FINALLY received a notice that my wife's EAD card is being made. Took way longer than we expected, but fortunately we were able to get by just fine.

Hopefully soon we get that interview scheduled notice!

Congratulations!I hope everything moves even faster here on out and that you get the Interview scheduled soon! Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Have interview day on 23rd of March.  Big question...we didn't get another medical done...should we have?  Medical was initially done 12/2019 and we sent appropriate info (DS 3025-vaccination record) when filing for AOS on 5/11.  We received no RFE, but now I'm freaking out about the medical...and whether we should have gotten another one done.  Any advice...or are we screwed?

Thanks...

Karina and Auli

Timeline
3 hours ago, Karina & Auli said:

Have interview day on 23rd of March.  Big question...we didn't get another medical done...should we have?  Medical was initially done 12/2019 and we sent appropriate info (DS 3025-vaccination record) when filing for AOS on 5/11.  We received no RFE, but now I'm freaking out about the medical...and whether we should have gotten another one done.  Any advice...or are we screwed?

Thanks...

Karina and Auli

You're all good to go!!No need to worry, UNLESS you didn't get married while it was valid (If you entered the US and got married while it was still valid). But still, they'll ask you if they need it.

On 2/20/2021 at 1:35 PM, keeza3 said:

Hi all, 

Houston based. I had my biometrics on Dec 3 and finally got a letter yesterday saying my EAD and AP was approved. Do you know how long it takes for the combo card to be processed and get to me and how long for my SSN to be issued? I currently have an ITIN but due to offices being closed never gotten a SSN. 

I suspect I won’t get scheduled for an interview for a Green Card for a few years the way it’s all gone so far!

They must reschedule interviews at different field offices. Applicants from various states are getting their interviews within 8 -10 months. Right now, the Houston field office is scheduling October 2019 PD applicants. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Has anyone gotten an interview schedule already or any sort of movement in their case for those waiting on Detroit field office?

I've been seeing applicants from some states getting their interviews within 8-10 months.. and I'm almost at the 10th month mark from the time I filed and still nothing😬

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, LaiQ said:

Hi,

Has anyone gotten an interview schedule already or any sort of movement in their case for those waiting on Detroit field office?

I've been seeing applicants from some states getting their interviews within 8-10 months.. and I'm almost at the 10th month mark from the time I filed and still nothing😬

I haven't seen or heard anything on our local Detroit office. We still haven't even got EAD (biometrics early Jan of this year). Put in an expedite request about a week ago...will see what happens with that. No update on interview. Our process is coming up to the 10 month mark as well (PD 5/27/20). Some good news for both of us would be great right about now!!! :yes:

N-400 Interview completed 05/29/2024 (Detroit): N-400 approved; I-751 approved; received notice that Oath Ceremony scheduled for 06/17/2024 (Detroit)

NOA updated online 04/18/24 for N-400: Interview scheduled for 05/29/24

NOA received 03/04/24 confirming N-400 application and reuse of biometrics

Biometrics being reused for N-400: Notification online 02/28/024

N-400 Application Accepted: 02/15/2024; Notified by text 02/20/2024

I-751 Amendment Request of Jointly Filed I-751 to Waiver: Delivered 09/09/2023 with hard copy of docs; wasn't able to upload docs till 01/30/2024 due to glitch in their system

Notice Green Card Extended for 48 months: 03/11/2023

I-751 Petition To Remove Conditions on Residence (Jointly Filed)Application Accepted: 03/06/2023; Biometrics being reused

Conditional Green Card: granted 05/14/2021

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
33 minutes ago, PhoenixNiro said:

I haven't seen or heard anything on our local Detroit office. We still haven't even got EAD (biometrics early Jan of this year). Put in an expedite request about a week ago...will see what happens with that. No update on interview. Our process is coming up to the 10 month mark as well (PD 5/27/20). Some good news for both of us would be great right about now!!! :yes:

I guess we will keep each other updated since we are both waiting on Detroit. 🙂 

Hope you get the EAD soon.. hard to say since the sequence of our biometrics appointment is different.... I thought mine was going to be smooth sailing when I got bio in Aug18 and EAD by Oct10 but then it stalled.

Ours was received 5/26/20 so any good news from either of us will be helpful.

How do you make an expedite request again? Is that when you write to a congressman or something to help facilitate the case?

Anyway, thanks and stay safe!

Edited by LaiQ

Timeline
11 minutes ago, LaiQ said:

I guess we will keep each other updated since we are both waiting on Detroit. 🙂 

Hope you get the EAD soon.. hard to say since the sequence of our biometrics appointment is different.... I thought mine was going to be smooth sailing when I got bio in Aug18 and EAD by Oct10 but then it stalled.

Ours was received 5/26/20 so any good news from either of us will be helpful.

How do you make an expedite request again? Is that when you write to a congressman or something to help facilitate the case?

Anyway, thanks and stay safe!

Yes, let's keep updated! I post all my updates here as soon as they happen. Fingers crossed...come on EAD!!! To expedite, you need to meet the criteria (such as severe financial hardship or emergency situation)) and then you can request your senator (try Gary Peters' office since you've got the Detroit office...he has an assistant that has direction communication with USCIS; look up his website and fill out the form so they can reach out on your behalf), or submit to USCIS directly yourself. I figured since the senator's office has a direct contact, maybe that would help more. It's crazy how varied the timelines are! I see people getting fingerprinted who have a later PD that ours, and then get their EAD almost right after, followed by an interview within a few weeks. Not sure if it's NBC or Detroit office (or both!), but *crickets* with getting anything moving here. Keeping the faith! :yes: 

N-400 Interview completed 05/29/2024 (Detroit): N-400 approved; I-751 approved; received notice that Oath Ceremony scheduled for 06/17/2024 (Detroit)

I-751 Amendment Request of Jointly Filed I-751 to Waiver: Delivered 09/09/2023 with hard copy of docs; wasn't able to upload docs till 01/30/2024 due to glitch in their system

I-751 Petition To Remove Conditions on Residence (Jointly Filed)Application Accepted: 03/06/2023; Biometrics being reused

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

How is the interpreter form g-1256 form being dealt with for via-phone interpretations?  We are due to have our AOS interview based on a K1 visa for 3/23/21 and my wife needs interpretation.  How does the g-1256 form get signed by the interpreter if the I-485 form explicitly says interpreters by phone only??   How is this all happening now?

Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Finally had our interview today. About 2 hours after the interview, got the update that the card is being produced! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SergioPerez said:

Finally had our interview today. About 2 hours after the interview, got the update that the card is being produced! 

Congratulations!!!

Timeline

So our expedite for EAD (our PD is 5/27/2020) through our Senator's office was denied on 3/15/2021. Then got a message on 3/17/2021 that the EAD card has been mailed! Makes me wonder if anyone really knows what's going on! We are very happy nonetheless to be moving in the right direction! :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/15/2021 at 7:21 AM, PhoenixNiro said:

Yes, let's keep updated! I post all my updates here as soon as they happen. Fingers crossed...come on EAD!!! To expedite, you need to meet the criteria (such as severe financial hardship or emergency situation)) and then you can request your senator (try Gary Peters' office since you've got the Detroit office...he has an assistant that has direction communication with USCIS; look up his website and fill out the form so they can reach out on your behalf), or submit to USCIS directly yourself. I figured since the senator's office has a direct contact, maybe that would help more. It's crazy how varied the timelines are! I see people getting fingerprinted who have a later PD that ours, and then get their EAD almost right after, followed by an interview within a few weeks. Not sure if it's NBC or Detroit office (or both!), but *crickets* with getting anything moving here. Keeping the faith! :yes: 

We filed out the form with our Congressman bin CA for our K2 EAD. My wife (K1) has had her combo card since October 2020, but we can't file taxes properly without a social security number for our K2. We received a response from our Congressman's office today saying that our case is being expedited. The same day our case status changed to "card being produced"! So, yeah, try your Congressperson's website and fill out that form!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.