Mrs. Dea

Suspending Immigration and NVC

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mrs. Dea said:

Hi All

Im just wondering for Cr1s who are at the NVC stage, if this executive order would affect them. Could it mean a cancellation of the immigration process or just a long delay. Or could this just be for new applicants ?

Not sure about that stage. You would think the order would allow current petitions to finish processing. Maybe just suspend new applicants?  

7 minutes ago, stringpuller said:

Not sure about that stage. You would think the order would allow current petitions to finish processing. Maybe just suspend new applicants?  

Thats what I am thinking too. And then there is the matter of seperating families, so I am wondering if this applies to certain class(es) of immigrant visa. I hope we can hear something concrete soon. There is so much anxiety and living on edge with this process due to things keep changing. Every now and then there is something new. Sigh. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Everything is just speculation at this point.  Since most consulates are not processing anything, there already is a de facto delay in visa processing.  When and more importantly, if this EO actually is signed, then we can start tearing it apart.

As to an opinion, I think any EO would be short lived, and certainly challenged almost immediately in federal court.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Just now, palp said:

@fewstee    Can you please tell when you submitted the expedite request?

Also curious. Even though ive been told that expedite is usually useless i have to now wonder. 

@palpMy spouse and I live in a third country with all of the associated COVID-related issues you can imagine, canceled flights and state of emergency etc., and our visas here are set to expire in a couple of months. In addition I have a job offer in the U.S. The consulate here is also not very busy. Hard to say which of these factors could have led to approval. 

My interview was just cancelled, it was for May 5. I suspect everything is going to slow to a stop for the duration of the EO.

I just love how the USCIS page still shows reopening May 4, yet the interview is cancelled and the EO hasn’t even been signed yet. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.