TheAkazs

Green card holder travel

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone.

I don't remember if I've posted this before but it had been a while since I had been on here. With a weak signal on my phone, I'm unable to search the answer I was seeking, so I figured I'd ask the question again. 

We r in Morocco on an unexpected vacation and we are getting on a final flight out of Morocco to London this week.

My question is since my husband is a green card holder, would he need a visa to stay overnight in London?

My husband doesn't want me to sleep overnight at the airport, due to me being pregnant and our baby girl. That's why I wonder if it's a requirement for him to get a visa to sleep at a hotel in London...

Thank you in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes, he is going to need a visa to leave the airport and stay overnight in London.  In fact, according to the UK website, he is going to need an airside transit visa if the plane leaves after midnight the next day.  This is something that has to be applied for in advance as they will require you to get your fingerprints and a photograph taken at an application center.  The airline is not going to let you board the plane without this visa.

https://www.gov.uk/transit-visa/direct-airside-transit-visa

Timeline

actually if there is a transit hotel that you can stay in at the airport he will not need a transit visa.

Check if you need a UK visa

Will you pass through UK border control?

You always pass through border control if you:

• leave the main airport building for any reason
  • need to collect your bags and check them in to your onward flight

You must also pass through border control if both:

• your onward flight leaves on a different calendar day to when you arrive
  • there’s nowhere for you to stay overnight in the airport, for example in a transit hotel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

are the airlines flying out of morocco to London now?

and on March 23rd flights from the UK to USA were suspended by Trump

Have you called  US embassy and checked

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Not so, I know 2 people who have flown since then.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

US citizens and green card holders can still fly from the UK.

Timeline

missed the first question

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2020/03/296880/covid-19-morocco-starts-closing-international-airport

Foreign governments liaised with Morocco to arrange repatriation flights throughout the whole week, with the latest flights scheduled for March 20 and 21.

The remaining flights are scheduled to the Netherlands and to the United Kingdom. After the last flights depart, Moroccan airspace will be officially closed Saturday evening.

according to morocco news the last plane to take USC and green card holders left the 21st out of Marrackeh

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

missed the first question

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2020/03/296880/covid-19-morocco-starts-closing-international-airport

Foreign governments liaised with Morocco to arrange repatriation flights throughout the whole week, with the latest flights scheduled for March 20 and 21.

The remaining flights are scheduled to the Netherlands and to the United Kingdom. After the last flights depart, Moroccan airspace will be officially closed Saturday evening.

according to morocco news the last plane to take USC and green card holders left the 21st out of Marrackeh

Actually there's a final flight coming this week going to London from Morocco. 

Timeline

I got an email from the consulate regarding a final flight to London from Morocco. That's why I was asking whether my husband will need a visa or not. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, TheAkazs said:

I got an email from the consulate regarding a final flight to London from Morocco. That's why I was asking whether my husband will need a visa or not. 

Yes, he is not leaving the airport without a visa.  I posted the the link to the UK visa website.

He will also possibly need an airside transit visa, which has to be applied for in advance, unless he meets the exceptions posted above as well.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
2 hours ago, TheAkazs said:

He won’t get through immigration without a visa

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

He won’t get through immigration without a visa

Ok thank u

1 hour ago, GP1977 said:

Yes, he is not leaving the airport without a visa.  I posted the the link to the UK visa website.

He will also possibly need an airside transit visa, which has to be applied for in advance, unless he meets the exceptions posted above as well.

Got it. Thanks!

15 hours ago, TheAkazs said:

Hello everyone.

I don't remember if I've posted this before but it had been a while since I had been on here. With a weak signal on my phone, I'm unable to search the answer I was seeking, so I figured I'd ask the question again. 

We r in Morocco on an unexpected vacation and we are getting on a final flight out of Morocco to London this week.

My question is since my husband is a green card holder, would he need a visa to stay overnight in London?

My husband doesn't want me to sleep overnight at the airport, due to me being pregnant and our baby girl. That's why I wonder if it's a requirement for him to get a visa to sleep at a hotel in London...

Thank you in advance!

am stuck in the same situation myself i am a green card holder  that came for a visit to dubai i wanted to travel but i don't know if we can go through border control without a visa  please share if you get any news from the embassy 

Timeline

This article 5 days ago is what i was refering to:

Morocco

Passenger flights to and from Morocco are suspended, as are all commercial ferry links from Morocco to Spain and Gibraltar. The measures are in place until further notice following the country declaring a state of health emergency on March 20.

according to this site

https://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle/travel/the-full-list-of-countries-where-commercial-passenger-flights-are-grounded-due-to-the-coronavirus-1.996215

The US embassy arranged for USC and green card holders to be flown out of Marrachek on March 21 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.