2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
8 hours ago, RCable said:

We're getting very frustrated with the whole SSN thing. My husband received his EAD card in August, but still hasn't been able to get his SSN. Every time he calls, they tell him he needs to mail in his original birth certificate, EAD card, and passport. Once they verified those documents, then they will schedule an appointment. Why does he have to mail in the most important documents he has? We can't risk those going missing while he's waiting for his green card. He checked the box saying he wanted the SSN automatically assigned too, so it's very annoying that one hasn't been and he can't get one now. 

Also, his Green Card status has been stuck on "biometrics scheduled" since late July. He had his biometrics taken on August 12th. He got his EAD & his AP, but no change has been made associated with his GC. He calls every other week and can't make any progress on either. And, no one will hire him without his SSN. He was offered 3 jobs so far and all backed out. I feel so badly that he's basically just stuck in limbo. 
Just venting, but I still don't understand why he needs to send his original documents off just to have an appointment scheduled. 

We talked to ss office they told us to fax copy of his ead card passport and application to them. Thats what we did yesterday

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/22/2020 at 4:31 PM, H&C said:

Hey, wanted to let you know what worked for me to reach a live person on the phone. Dont say anything and once the AI asks you a question just keep pressing #. I spoke to someone really quickly but the news is still disappointing. She put in a service inquiry because is has been 7 months on my case and over 90 days since my ASC office opened. But she said I will not hear back before 30 days, and can't guarantee when they will get back to me? The delay is unbearable and so unfair.

Same boat. I was told they have put through some service request and I have to wait another 30 days just to hear from them. Not even an assurance of action but just to hear from them. It is ridiculous! I have no idea why some cases are this delayed with no rational reasoning.

6 hours ago, KK and UR said:

Same boat. I was told they have put through some service request and I have to wait another 30 days just to hear from them. Not even an assurance of action but just to hear from them. It is ridiculous! I have no idea why some cases are this delayed with no rational reasoning.

File an application for the biometrics delay on USCIS ombudsman portal.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I talked to a live rep via Emma today and she submitted a request for me to be called back by a Tier 2 officer within 7 days. Does anyone know how long it takes until a Tier 2 actually cals  back? How soon do they normally call you? 

10 minutes ago, miri_sp said:

I talked to a live rep via Emma today and she submitted a request for me to be called back by a Tier 2 officer within 7 days. Does anyone know how long it takes until a Tier 2 actually cals  back? How soon do they normally call you? 

7 days is too much. try to talk to tier 2 thru uscis calling number. max takes 48 hours. If you call early morning then you can get call in 6 hours.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
10 hours ago, pkingking131 said:

7 days is too much. try to talk to tier 2 thru uscis calling number. max takes 48 hours. If you call early morning then you can get call in 6 hours.

I requested for tier-2 and my call back was 6hrs and 2 minutes. I NEVER GOT ANY CALL BACK SINCE THEN, it's been three weeks,I gave up!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, eddie90 said:

File an application for the biometrics delay on USCIS ombudsman portal.

Hi, thank you for the suggestion, I didn't even know one could do that. Do you think that might help? 

2 hours ago, KK and UR said:

Hi, thank you for the suggestion, I didn't even know one could do that. Do you think that might help? 

I think it worked for me. I filed both - online service request for non-delivery of the appointment notice for I-485 and ombudsman uscis request. Before that, I was contacting them through helpline and online emma representative and found it useless.

Edited by eddie90

2 minutes ago, eddie90 said:

Well I think it worked for me. I filed both, service request online for the non-delivery of appointment notice for I-485 and ombudsman uscis request. 

Filing an ombudsman USCIS request brought any practical result in your case? Did you receive a proper action response? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
13 hours ago, pkingking131 said:

Okay thank you. 

2 hours ago, marianabrasil said:

Filing an ombudsman USCIS request brought any practical result in your case? Did you receive a proper action response? 

I got a response from the ombudsman office that they have contacted Uscis regarding my issue and will let me know the outcome in 30 days. Within 5 days uscis took action on my service request and sent me the appointment notice. 

Edited by eddie90

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.