2,698 posts in this topic

We submitted our application packet with I130 and I485 for concurrent processing.
Mailed on 4-16 (Thursday)

Delivered on 4-17 (Friday)

Got two text messages 4-22 for I131 and I765 (Wednesday).

my wife is still waiting for the receipt text for I130.

Edited by MerryMentor
Added details

23 minutes ago, MerryMentor said:

We submitted our application packet with I130 and I485 for concurrent processing.
Mailed on 4-16 (Thursday)

Delivered on 4-17 (Friday)

Got two text messages 4-22 for I131 and I765 (Wednesday).

my wife is still waiting for the receipt text for I130.

Got two more texts for Fingerprint fee and I130

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Good to see so many people getting in! My packet is ready to go except the equivalency documents, still waiting on that. Hopefully will be able to send at least in next 7 days! Got the 693 yesterday! :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rambava said:

Good to see so many people getting in! My packet is ready to go except the equivalency documents, still waiting on that. Hopefully will be able to send at least in next 7 days! Got the 693 yesterday! :) 

That is the most BS document ever. Good luck to you. Hopefully we are all in for smooth sailing before Mr Jackass ruins it all.

7 minutes ago, Ameriaussie said:

WE JUST GOT 4 TEXT NOTIFICATIONS LAST NIGHT. Officially in!!! Woot Woot. Mailed April 7, received April 11.

Very good things are looking up!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
Just now, Ameriaussie said:

That is the most BS document ever. Good luck to you. Hopefully we are all in for smooth sailing before Mr Jackass ruins it all.

Haha! Tell me about it. Wasted $300 doing it for no reason whatsoever especially after my US university already verified them for me and gave me Masters. ! I just told myself that I am saving on Lawyer fees so thats okay for now! But yes I really want to send it ASAP given my first rejection. Thanks tho!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rambava said:

Haha! Tell me about it. Wasted $300 doing it for no reason whatsoever especially after my US university already verified them for me and gave me Masters. ! I just told myself that I am saving on Lawyer fees so thats okay for now! But yes I really want to send it ASAP given my first rejection. Thanks tho!

Wait, you got rejected with a U.S. college degree???

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ameriaussie said:

Wait, you got rejected with a U.S. college degree???

Oh no, sorry I can see how that looks confusing. I got rejected because I sent it without I-944. I was just showing frustration to get the equivalency done even though I have a US degree. I debated not doing it because my other transcript/certificates are also in English but I-944 Instructions specifically say to provide so. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Rambava said:

Oh no, sorry I can see how that looks confusing. I got rejected because I sent it without I-944. I was just showing frustration to get the equivalency done even though I have a US degree. I debated not doing it because my other transcript/certificates are also in English but I-944 Instructions specifically say to provide so. 

thank you for clarifying. That is frustrating. My husband (even though in the Commonwealth) also needed to get that. But we didn't - thinking that him being a bar certified lawyer would prove he's qualified. We just wrote an affidavit and added other exhibits. I will update on whether or not that would suffice the requirement on education and English language. My blood boils.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I'm joining this thread from the March 2020 filers! I originally submitted beginning of March but have been rejected twice so far, filed for the third time on 4/21 so fingers crossed third time lucky! Good luck to everyone applying during this tricky time and congrats to everyone who has received acceptance so far :D 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.