1,791 posts in this topic

Got it. But we know that our A-files are held up in an NRC. Is there anything they can do, to get those files sent over to the local field office?

3 hours ago, Cloggie said:

Got it. But we know that our A-files are held up in an NRC. Is there anything they can do, to get those files sent over to the local field office?

I thought the place that got stuck was Federal Records Center (FRC). NRC (National Records Center) is USCIS's record center. I believe these are 2 different places. NRC is still working like usual. FRC is where they have reduced working capacity

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 1/18/2022 at 5:18 PM, thewaitingame said:

I thought the place that got stuck was Federal Records Center (FRC). NRC (National Records Center) is USCIS's record center. I believe these are 2 different places. NRC is still working like usual. FRC is where they have reduced working capacity

Congress Person was told by USCIS that it is the NATIONAL records center and that it's only operating at 25% capacity and that it had been closed for quite some time. Obviously, it's a boilerplate response just like the claim that they are processing applications in the order they are received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 1/16/2022 at 3:05 PM, Aladd1n said:

Is it worth it to submit FOIA request ?  I'm thinking of submitting one but I've read mixed feedback about its result.

What would one ask for in the FOIA request? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, sfo-user said:

What would one ask for in the FOIA request? 

I think to request the whole A-file but I'm still not sure. I want to submit one too but don't know how. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, thewaitingame said:

image.thumb.png.3a951a746b04c91acd969777ddc3bc97.png

Found this on facebook n400 group

I found this article. it seems as a legit reason.

https://budd.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=1310

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
14 hours ago, sfo-user said:

Congress Person was told by USCIS that it is the NATIONAL records center and that it's only operating at 25% capacity and that it had been closed for quite some time. Obviously, it's a boilerplate response just like the claim that they are processing applications in the order they are received.

My Senator got the response that my file was at the Federal Records Center, so obviously there are conflicting responses, I don´t know what to believe anymore...

19 hours ago, sfo-user said:

The 25% is consistent with this. FRC https://www.archives.gov/frc/operating-status

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
20 hours ago, thewaitingame said:

image.thumb.png.3a951a746b04c91acd969777ddc3bc97.png

Found this on facebook n400 group

Thanks for this information, I didn't know that FRC and NRC were two different animals, now things make a little bit more sense.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Coco&Kitten said:

Thanks for this information, I didn't know that FRC and NRC were two different animals, now things make a little bit more sense.

None of it make any sense to me. NRC, FRC, who cares? 

They still support people who filed after us and their cases moving much faster. 

I talked to a very nice USCIS officer yesterday an today l received this message:

“We are pleased we could assist you with your USCIS online filing system inquiry today via telephone. As discussed in our conversation, a Service Request was done for an Expedite Request with the Referral ID.”

Anybody received a similar message?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Maybe what the folks in the May 2020 are doing will help you

Lover and hubby to 1, Daddy to 2. I do enjoy growing older but not growing up.

A filthy, dirty oilfield engineer.

N400 through marriage to another filthy dirty oilfield engineer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.