Bjh

Incredibly frustrating situation with credit bureau

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am waiting on a credit report and score for my wife for the i944. I called the bureau (transunion) last Wednesday and the person on the phone said they would send her credit report and score and it would arrive in 5-7 business days. 

I called again today to make sure it was sent, and the lady on the phone said there is no record of any credit report of my wife being sent!! So I ordered another report AND the score for $10...for a faster alternative, she suggested using transunion online for the report. She said to "disregard the SSN section" when filling out the online forms. Guess what - you can't! You HAVE to fill out a SSN in the online form. When I try to fill out a fake ssn (111 11 1111) it can't find my wife's credit report.

So, should I sent in the aos package with the i944 without the report or score? Or just wait for the report and score in the mail, and possibly file while technically out of legal status (this ends 4/02)?

Thanks!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Did it say somewhere online the credit report doesn’t exist for “your wife’s name”?

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

19 minutes ago, arken said:

Did it say somewhere online the credit report doesn’t exist for “your wife’s name”?

Exactly^^^

Screenshot that and print. Walah.

Hi there, yes - many of us have been going through that and are including letters about not being able to access the report along with screenshots of the error screens.  You may get something by mail as well - it seems to be taking about 3 weeks for something to come via mail from one of the agencies. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Exactly^^^

Screenshot that and print. Walah.

So like this? But they said they actually have a report/score for her...dunno why it wouldn't show up online though...

no credit report pg 1.PNG

no credit report pg 2.PNG

7 minutes ago, Bjh said:

So like this? But they said they actually have a report/score for her...dunno why it wouldn't show up online though...

no credit report pg 1.PNG

no credit report pg 2.PNG

Thats pretty much what we sent, along with a letter! We actually applied by mail too, and then got a letter back from them saying to send a bunch of documentation (that we don't have since he is so new to country). 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Thats pretty much what we sent, along with a letter! We actually applied by mail too, and then got a letter back from them saying to send a bunch of documentation (that we don't have since he is so new to country). 

So you got an RFE? What did they ask for exactly??

5 minutes ago, Bjh said:

So you got an RFE? What did they ask for exactly??

Sorry, let me clarify - we sent a request to the credit agencies, by snail mail, for a credit report.  We got a letter back from one credit agency (nothing from the other two as of yet) and the letter requested that we send a bunch of documents, so that they could issue him a credit report.  Which he doesn't have since he is new here! 

To USCIS, we sent the three screenshots of error messages, along with a personal letter that we wrote, explaining why he does not yet have a credit score and his intent to build credit here in the US. 

Edited by kec523

Timeline
1 minute ago, kec523 said:

Sorry, let me clarify - we sent a request to the credit agencies, by snail mail, for a credit report.  We got a letter back from one credit agency (nothing from the other two as of yet) and the letter requested that we send a bunch of documents, so that they could issue him a credit report.  Which he doesn't have since he is new here! 

So USCIS was ok with just the screenshots and written statement of no credit report? I guess you won't know yet since you just sent in the app a few days ago...just one report saying "no credit score" should be enough though...

Just now, Bjh said:

So USCIS was ok with just the screenshots and written statement of no credit report? I guess you won't know yet since you just sent in the app a few days ago...just one report saying "no credit score" should be enough though...

Exactly - I don't know yet for sure! We are some of the first people going through this new form and all of it's new requirements and will be able to guide others in the future/ However there are a few people that filed the new versions of the forms that sent the error reports and that at least have gotten official NOA1 from USCIS, so that is a good sign.  I did it the way I did it fully expecting that we might get an RFE in the future.  So I figure that in the mean time we will keep working on getting a credit score and by the time we get one (or if we don't by the time of the interview) he will have a positive credit score to show! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.