OntarioMan

221g to submit a new passport to Montreal consulate but ceac website has been updated to refused

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello I am new to this website so I am a little nervous but here is my past two weeks in a nutshell.

I had my interview on the 26th of February at the Montreal Consulate and I was given a 221g to submit a new passport.

I submitted my new passport on the 2nd of March and it got to the consulate on the 4th.

On the ceac website it says that my case has been refused since the 26th of February.

On Monday March the 9th my case has been updated to still say refused.

I have emailed the Montreal consulate for clarification on what to do next.

I'm very open to see if anyone would like to share their advice on what this means or if I should panic.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wouldn't panic. If it was actually refused they would give you some sort of information on how your passport will be sent back.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, OntarioMan said:

Hello I am new to this website so I am a little nervous but here is my past two weeks in a nutshell.

I had my interview on the 26th of February at the Montreal Consulate and I was given a 221g to submit a new passport.

I submitted my new passport on the 2nd of March and it got to the consulate on the 4th.

On the ceac website it says that my case has been refused since the 26th of February.

On Monday March the 9th my case has been updated to still say refused.

I have emailed the Montreal consulate for clarification on what to do next.

I'm very open to see if anyone would like to share their advice on what this means or if I should panic.

don't panic; you're in administrative processing... @Pat1976 has insight into this. 

Also, IIRC, there was a recent language change regarding the 221g "status".

Here's another resource from an IR1/CR1 group conversation:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y85UecbaBs8WD6SvXdWhEaNkmsWEiEya/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

2 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

don't panic; you're in administrative processing... @Pat1976 has insight into this. 

Here's another resource https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y85UecbaBs8WD6SvXdWhEaNkmsWEiEya/view?usp=sharing

I got put into 221g administrative processing on January 27th, my interview was the 21st. They sent my passport back, and told me they would ask me to send back once they were ready to continue processing. I sent back on the 20th of Feb at their request, and they received it on the 24th. Last update to my case was the 27th (which I am guessing is when they opened the mail with my passport in it), so on Thursday will be two weeks from last update. 

I am under the impression that things move very slow with MTL consulate, and it's just a waiting game. I am hoping very much so that I hear back this week, considering my passport expires at the end of September. If they don'y get this all taken care of soon, I am thinking they will ask for me to send a new passport as well, which will just delay things longer.

As for the language, Refused, just means you are in administrative processing. They will get to processing your case when they get to it. Nobody can determine really how long it takes, but they do say on their website that they hold onto passports for two weeks normally.

Will keep you posted, when mine gets issued. Please do the same for yours.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pat1976 said:

I got put into 221g administrative processing on January 27th, my interview was the 21st. They sent my passport back, and told me they would ask me to send back once they were ready to continue processing. I sent back on the 20th of Feb at their request, and they received it on the 24th. Last update to my case was the 27th (which I am guessing is when they opened the mail with my passport in it), so on Thursday will be two weeks from last update. 

I am under the impression that things move very slow with MTL consulate, and it's just a waiting game. I am hoping very much so that I hear back this week, considering my passport expires at the end of September. If they don'y get this all taken care of soon, I am thinking they will ask for me to send a new passport as well, which will just delay things longer.

As for the language, Refused, just means you are in administrative processing. They will get to processing your case when they get to it. Nobody can determine really how long it takes, but they do say on their website that they hold onto passports for two weeks normally.

I will keep yall posted too

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

Here's another resource from an IR1/CR1 group conversation:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y85UecbaBs8WD6SvXdWhEaNkmsWEiEya/view?usp=sharing

I was a bit worried cause the officer that interviewed me pretty much said that im good i just needed to resubmit my passport since it was damaged

• 9 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/9/2020 at 3:13 PM, Pat1976 said:

Hello, wondering if you and @OntarioMan could share when you ended up getting approved and receiving your visas. I am in a similar situation, refused due to expired police certificate and waiting on AP. Thank you!

On 1/6/2021 at 9:56 AM, rtcan said:

Hello, wondering if you and @OntarioMan could share when you ended up getting approved and receiving your visas. I am in a similar situation, refused due to expired police certificate and waiting on AP. Thank you!

It’s been a year. I still am in Administrative Processing. No end in sight. Good luck!! Send me a dm if you have any questions along the way. 
we have an immigration lawyer involved now. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Pat1976 said:

It’s been a year. I still am in Administrative Processing. No end in sight. Good luck!! Send me a dm if you have any questions along the way. 

:( I'm so sorry to hear that. Mine was just changed to Issued a couple of days ago. Fingers crossed for you!

4 hours ago, Pat1976 said:

Very unusual for Canada.  Any idea why?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.