2,976 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone hope we keeping safe

pls can anyone help me out , I just got my NOA today but it’s not clear to me , I’ll quote it  * this notice only shows that your case was filed on the “Received Date” listed above and it is not evidence that your case is still pending*. We will notify you in writing when we make a decision on your case or if we need additional information.

Is this what it says on all NOA or does it mean I don’t have a case at all with them?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gogetter18 said:

Thanks. I got approved first week in April 🤗

@Gogetter18 Oh woah that’s nice , I got Approved April 15th.... thanks for the info , I will be looking forward to getting the Approval letter.... congratulations once more dear.. 😘😘😘

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, Kersac said:

Hello guys, I had reached out to my congressman to inquire on my behalf regarding some irregularities in my case (such as receiving a letter from USCIS in January 2020 saying my name is wrongly spelled on my EAD when it was in fact correctly spelled ( on both my C31 and C09 and I received both in Dec 2019) and also not being able to get an official approval letter for my vawa after my C31 was approved in late November 2019). Today, My congressman's secretary told me that she had reach out to vermont office multiple times but they won't pick her calls or respond to her emails. She also said that, she only has that problem with Vermont office, every other USCIS office that she has reached out to have responded to her. So, her assumption is that USCIS Vermont is closed. She told me to call again in 2 weeks to remind her so that she can try to reach out to Vermont again and see whether there will be any success. Has any one had similar experience? My Congressman is Lance Gordon of Texas

Try senator John Cornyn, he is more effective.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Apolo said:

can someone tell me how i can contact NVC to see did they receive my I-360 approved and how far along i'm in the interview process my VAWA was approved in september 2019

It is not NVC that is processing your I-485, it is NBC - National Benefits Center. You are still considered a confidential file, so they tell you to contact Vermont until your case is transferred to local office. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
12 hours ago, Keepinghope said:

Hello Everyone hope we keeping safe

pls can anyone help me out , I just got my NOA today but it’s not clear to me , I’ll quote it  * this notice only shows that your case was filed on the “Received Date” listed above and it is not evidence that your case is still pending*. We will notify you in writing when we make a decision on your case or if we need additional information.

Is this what it says on all NOA or does it mean I don’t have a case at all with them?

That is your notice of action. It has your case number and your priority date (also known as date your documents were received). You can now use your case number which has been given to you on that NOA to track your case online. Now the waiting begins. You are going to have to be very patient because the wait time is crazily long. Welcome on board. Your waiting time has officially started. Buckle up and enjoy the ride as best as you can.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.