2,976 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, aquila said:

Hello everyone, hope we're all doing well and being safe during these times.

ย 

My vawa case was approved today on my way to work and I was filled with mixed emotions all day at work because I couldn't cry out my heart ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ:

Unfortunately for my case it was processed in reverse order.

ย 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: EAC171XXXX

Application Type: I360, PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOW(ER), OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On June 8, 2020, we approved your Form I360, PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOW(ER), OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT, Receipt Number EAC171XXXXXX. We sent you an approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your approval notice by June 23, 2020, please go toย www.uscis.gov/e-request. If you move, go toย www.uscis.gov/addresschangeย to give us your new mailing address.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

ย 

ย 

I had my 485 interview in March 2020 which was filed alongside my 360 petition packet way back in February 2017.

Still keeping our fingers crossed and to everyone still waiting....Never give up and it's not over until it's over.

God bless us all ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜‡

Congratulations on your approval.ย 

Are you saying that your I-485 was approvedย  before I-360?

Filed: Other Timeline
12 minutes ago, Mira20 said:

Congratulations on your approval.ย 

Are you saying that your I-485 was approvedย  before I-360?

No yet dear but I've already gone for the interview and currently waiting on a final decision for the 485

1 hour ago, aquila said:

ย 

My vawa case was approved today on my way to work and I was filled with mixed emotions all day at work because I couldn't cry out my heart ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ:

ย 

On June 8, 2020, we approved your Form I360, PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOW(ER), OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT, Receipt Number EAC171XXXXXX. We sent you an approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your approval notice by June 23, 2020, please go toย www.uscis.gov/e-request. If you move, go toย www.uscis.gov/addresschangeย to give us your new mailing address.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

ย 

ย 

I had my 485 interview in March 2020 which was filed alongside my 360 petition packet way back in February 2017.

Still keeping our fingers crossed and to everyone still waiting....Never give up and it's not over until it's over.

You have been three years to get the approval ?!!

7 hours ago, GreenB said:

Hi everyone, so Regarding this RFE for I485 Iโ€™ll send a new birth certificate, a criminal record from my country, my diploma and my driving license from my country. They are saying they need more proof for my birth record... as far as Inunderstand.

Iโ€™ll get a newย birth certificate and criminal record from the consulate. The consulate gives a translation for these.

ย 

I have my original diploma and driving license from my country. Iโ€™ll get these translated with a certified translation agency. My question is...do Iย need to notarize my diploma and driving license (If yes, how?)? Or certified translations would be enough?

ย 

or any other suggestions? Iโ€™ll greatly appreciate.

ย 

@sandranjย  ย @Shroy123ย @Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Šย ย ย @Pinkrlion

Notarization is not required. But itโ€™s good if you send them notarized documents

3 hours ago, aquila said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Congratulations.. so happy for you ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
4 hours ago, aquila said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

This is some good news congrats I hope you get the GC soon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shroy123 said:

itโ€™s good if you send them notarized documents

As a gentle reminder to all, only signatures can be notarized, not documents. ย :)ย 

Compose a briefย statementย "this is a certified copy of [document]" and sign the statement in the presenceย of a Notary.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

4 hours ago, aquila said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

OMG!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ congratulations dear!!! It's been a long time coming!!! God came through..been waiting for this day!!! Tearing up as well..The strongholds has all come down!!! Big congratulations to you again and again sweety! It's good news galore from here..keep praising HIS name!!!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒŸโœจ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ’ซ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

3 hours ago, aquila said:

No yet dear but I've already gone for the interview and currently waiting on a final decision for the 485

You already know your Greencard is coming to you!!! God rules and reigns!!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘โคโคโคโค๐Ÿ˜€

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

You already know your Greencard is coming to you!!! God rules and reigns!!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘โคโคโคโค๐Ÿ˜€

Amen sweet heart ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, AhmedEid said:

I sent the I 130 package already without I 485 the lawyer told me is not a good idea to send the I 485 with the I 360 because i could lose the fee if they need more evidences

You better find a new attorney ASAP, I am serious, clearly your attorney has no idea about immigration Law!. ย Are you sure he /she is an attorney?

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone!
Should I have the original letters notarized? (from friends in America) I live in Russia, and they gave me scans that I sent to USCIS.

I sent copies.
In the future, will I need the originals or not? I will know this in advance to know, since not all people could have (save) ย it. but I thought about it just now.

Thank you.

Edited by natalysmile

1 hour ago, natalysmile said:

Hello everyone!
Should I have the original letters notarized? (from friends in America) I live in Russia, and they gave me scans that I sent to USCIS.

I sent copies.
In the future, will I need the originals or not? I will know this in advance to know, since not all people could have (save) ย it. but I thought about it just now.

Thank you.

Letters should be notarized. I sent out notarized scanned letters as well..there were some that weren't notarized only signed.I believe the scanned letters will do. It's not expensive to notarize letters here in the U.S. so those friends can do that and send you the scanned copies.๐Ÿ‘

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.