2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 4/29/2020 at 1:07 PM, mdsurvivor said:

Hello sandra i have a question for u in 2016 i applied asylum and then i got married in 2018 but my husband never petitioned me so after all the abuse and everything after his threat of deporting me i decided to apply vawa now can they deny my vawa because i already have asylum case pending will that b a problem in my vawa case because if my vawa is approved i wana go home to see my mom if i widraw my case from asylum n my vawa isn’t approved i will get deported so with all this fear in my mind i decided not to widraw my asylum case n just apply vawa but i m looking for any help from you on this matter plz.

sandra can u replt to my question as well please....

11 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

If you have all the complete and correct information that they want, there's no such thing as responding too soon.  The longer you wait to send it, the longer it will take until they can resume processing your papers.

However, responding incompletely is quite the opposite.  Read instructions carefully, interpret them literally, and respond honestly, completely, and accurately.

Thank you, it makes more sense to me now.

10 hours ago, Ballerina said:

What evidence did you send with your application when you applied? How long/detailed was your affidavit and your psych eval? Off the cuff, you most likely will need to redo both of those at the very least. It may also help to read some of the first few parts of the vawa threads especially 1-12 for more information of how others have handled it.

I did not submit any evidence when I applied because I just got away from my abuser and just seeking medical help at that time.

I am still still seeing my therapist too.

We did no really have anything jointly.

We have insurance and 1 bank statement together because the account was closed as a result of mismanagement from my spouse and fraudulent check deposit.

Thank you for responding, I will also check old posts.

41 minutes ago, mazi said:

good day to you, 

Please after do I have to apply for social security? My friend says I have to but my attorney said No, that it will be sent to the mail jut the same way work authourisation was sent. . I am confused and I need clarity. Thank you and God's blessings.  @Stillwinning!!!😊  @TBoneTX @sandranj

Your EAD is sent to you by USCIS because they process it themselves...you will have to apply for your SSN from the SS office as that's where it will be processed. Except there has been a change I missed, this is the situation regarding your enquiry.😊👍

3 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Your EAD is sent to you by USCIS because they process it themselves...you will have to apply for your SSN from the SS office as that's where it will be processed. Except there has been a change I missed, this is the situation regarding your enquiry.😊👍

Many thanks my dear . Grateful 

Timeline
On 5/1/2020 at 9:46 AM, Chei-360 said:

I did not submit any evidence when I applied because I just got away from my abuser and just seeking medical help at that time.

I am still still seeing my therapist too.

We did no really have anything jointly.

We have insurance and 1 bank statement together because the account was closed as a result of mismanagement from my spouse and fraudulent check deposit.

Thank you for responding, I will also check old posts.

have you ever received prima facie determination approval?

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello Family, 

So I applied my EAD renewal on October 1, 2019. My lawyer sent it to NBC and NOT Vermont. I am now out of processing time. As per my e-mail exchange with my lawyer a couple of weeks ago, he says nothing can be done before USCIS and/or NYC fully re-opens. (His office is in manhattan and i think he lives quite far, perhaps he does not have access to the files). 

Now, I am thinking to use the "Inquire about a case outside normal processing time" link on USCIS page. Any advise?? 

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Good evening folks,

So good to see that since I last opened this website, so many people have received their papers and can live freely and happily! The ones who are still going through this tiresome process, trust me, there will be an end to this soon. Hopefully, you are staying safe throughout this pandemic!

I'm back here on VJ to ask you guys for help. I'm currently in school and one of the classes I'm taking is social issues. Since the topic of DV is something that hits close to home, I chose it for my final project (which is due in 10 days. Yes, I like to procrastinate ughh). One of the parts of the assignments includes interviews with someone who is affected by the issue and someone who is working on it. My lovely group partners and I had great plans of going to DV shelters, volunteering, and finding our interviewees there, but 2020 had other plans(hello stay-at-home orders). Through a friend, I have found and interviewed a hospital social worker, but still am looking to interview someone affected by DV directly. I could interview myself, but trying to analyze what info I provided and how it has changed my own views is a bit...odd. If any of you would be so kind as to help me, please send me a DM! This will be entirely confidential and for privacy concerns we will do it through DMs here. There are only 8 questions and should not take too much of your time. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Filed: Other Timeline

Deal community. Would you advise please. Thinking I have met the person of my life. If I-360 is approved (hypothetically) - can one marry and not jeopardize the Vawa case? Another question: what are main milestones or things to consider after I-360 approval and before I-485 interview?

Dear VJ Family i have a very urgent question, apparently my case for my I-485 was denied in 2018 but i was still able to obtain a EAD can someone please explain?

What i'm trying to say is that in 2015 just before my interview i filed for my VAWA and according by my lawyer my interview was supposed to be put on hold. and now i got a case tracer and when i was going  trough the case history i saw that in 2018 my case was denied and they send me a deniel and the explanation, what i'm trying to say i never received anything, then again i was applying for my EAD under my I-485 and i was getting my C09 under my I-485 can someone explain could that be a glitch or something im freaking out :(

1 hour ago, Vy_le said:

Hi everybody,

would you like to share the cover letter for form I-360 ? I'm also a victim of domestic violence.  :(And I'm filling it by myself because I don't have money to pay lawyer

https://immigrantjustice.org/for-attorneys/legal-resources?keyword=vawa&sort_bef_combine=field_last_updated_value DESC&sort_by=field_last_updated_value&sort_order=DESC&page=1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.