Greenbaum

MARCH 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy

694 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
35 minutes ago, ashley_ann said:

Hello all I woke up and it looks like my case made it to Montreal as it went from Transit to Ready. I know this doesn't mean much in the current 

climate of consulates being closed but just glad it got there 🤞😂

What does your say for Case Created Date? And do you have the 01 MTL after the case number?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
21 hours ago, J+J said:

We are waiting as well, was hoping our case got into this shipment.

We got NOA2 on March 25th but haven’t heard anything yet either. Any advice?

Also I’m not really sure why you need this new case number from NVC? What is it good for? 
I’m sorry, it might be a really stupid question! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Simone Jakobsen said:

Also I’m not really sure why you need this new case number from NVC? What is it good for? 

We got NOA2 on March 8th and never heard anything from NVC either.  You won't hear from NVC until your case ships to the embassy.  You can get your case number earlier by calling/emailing NVC (we emailed asking for our case number and they replied with it one week later).  The only reason to get the case number early is it allows you to track your case status (if its at NVC or shipped) and it allows you to start DS-160 if you wanted to get a headstart.  But it's a completely optional step.

1 hour ago, Simone Jakobsen said:

Read the PDF on the first page, first post of this thread. Many of your questions can be answered including those you are asking from it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, arae said:

What does your say for Case Created Date? And do you have the 01 MTL after the case number?

Yep mine does have an 01 after pretty sure its normal and my case created date was March 30th 2020 :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I hope this is the right place for this question! We are filing out the DS-160 and I'm not sure how to answer the following: 

Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?

My fiancé has vaccination records but we don't know if they are in accordance. She will obviously also be taking the medical before the interview. I explained this in the box provided but I just wanted to check with people more experienced! I don't want something this small to create big problems.

Also, I have to fill out the DS-160 for our K-2 as well right? This application will be connected automatically by the application numbers?

I appreciate the help as always guys.

Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, USUK8 said:

I hope this is the right place for this question! We are filing out the DS-160 and I'm not sure how to answer the following: 

Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?

My fiancé has vaccination records, but we don't know if they are in accordance. She will obviously also be taking the medical before the interview. I explained this in the box provided but I just wanted to check with people more experienced! I don't want something this small to create big problems.

Also, I have to fill out the DS-160 for our K-2 as well right? This application will be connected automatically by the application numbers?

Thank you in advance!

Q1 - When the medical exam is complete you will have had all the vaccinations that you will need for your visa. You will be issued ad DS-3025 which will be in your packet once your visa is issued and it will be given to you at your POE.

Q2 - Yes a K-2 will need a DS-160. 

Q3 - Yes

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

21 hours ago, Simone Jakobsen said:

The case number is assigned by NVC because they control the number of immigrants into the US. Some visas have quota's or have lottery, so each is checked and assigned a case number. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Q1 - When the medical exam is complete you will have had all the vaccinations that you will need for your visa. You will be issued ad DS-3025 which will be in your packet once your visa is issued and it will be given to you at your POE.

Q2 - Yes a K-2 will need a DS-160. 

Q3 - Yes

So it sounds like the correct answer as of right now would be NO with that explanation? Should we wait until after the medicals to finish the DS-160's?

8 minutes ago, USUK8 said:

So it sounds like the correct answer as of right now would be NO with that explanation? Should we wait until after the medicals to finish the DS-160's?

You answer this question with YES because you will have all the needed vaccinations at the time of the interview. So, you are answering the question with an affirmative in this document as technically the document should be completed just prior to the interview as this document will be a part of the adjudication process. We all answer this question with a YES unless you decide not to have your vaccinations completed until after you arrive in the states then you answer NO.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, USUK8 said:

My fiancé has vaccination records but we don't know if they are in accordance. She will obviously also be taking the medical before the interview. I explained this in the box provided but I just wanted to check with people more experienced! I don't want something this small to create big problems.

Thank you in advance!

You fill one out for the k2 as well. And actually legally, I believe your fiancé has to be atleast involved in the completion of the form because everything they ask for they’re asking your fiancé, not you. And one mistake we made on our first submission was that We didn’t answer one of the questions in English. So We actually did it again and thus we have to print out now 4 ds160s and have them acknowledge 2 were completed wrong. 

For your k2, it will ask tell you to put information on parent (k1) I would say they are similarly intertwined but they are there own separate forms which you will have to print out confirmation page for each one. 

As far as vaccines, they are not a requirement for k1 until your fiancé is in the unites states and you guys want to submit for AOS.  But I would recommend getting them done in fiancés home country as they are most likely cheaper and just to get it over with. The required vaccinations are all on the USCIS website. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

NOA2 approval on March 20, but haven’t received any case number or anything from NVC. Becoming concerned.  Filled out the inquiry form online and got back this response (but no case number), which sounds like it is just a canned answer:

Dear Sir/Madam:

You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General.

April| Inquiry Management

Department of State CA/VO/DO/NVC

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor

DOS - National Visa Center

Any thoughts on whether this is unusual?

Hello..hope eveyone is good and safe...i emailed NVC about my case number and they email back with the number however when i check on ceac it says invalid...is it because i havent filled the  DS-160 yet...or is it because i dont have a receipt/invoice number..or am i confusing everything

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.