JeffandNadine

Adjustment of status-approvable?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had the adjustment of status interview today and the immigration officer said it our case was approvable and it looked like we had everything but it would take two weeks because of a security check that is standard. Is this normal or should we be concerned?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Completely normal.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JeffandNadine said:

They would say at the interview if they were going to deny you right?

Not necessarily....I don't think you have any worries if the officer said "approvable".  There is a small chance you will get an RFE, but I doubt that will happen.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Normal.

Assuming everything comes back fine, I would expect an approval. No timeline, though.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
17 minutes ago, missileman said:

Not necessarily....I don't think you have any worries if the officer said "approvable".  There is a small chance you will get an RFE, but I doubt that will happen.....

We submitted ultrasound photos with a note from doctor as well as lease, utility bill, joint tax return, bank statements, credit card statement where she is authorized user and work contact info where she is listed as emergency contact.

7 hours ago, JeffandNadine said:

We submitted ultrasound photos with a note from doctor as well as lease, utility bill, joint tax return, bank statements, credit card statement where she is authorized user and work contact info where she is listed as emergency contact.

Hi, did you include any health insurance information/ evidence?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Think it depends on local office. Here in Las Vegas had our interview early this month, officer was impressed with all our evidence and said approved on the spot. 2 hours later on the way home got the update that green card was being produced, and it arrived in the mail a week later. Approval notice arrived 3 days after interview. Was amazed how fast it was.

My friend in the San Jose CA office had his interview a week before me, and was told what you were that it would take a few weeks due to security checks, he has been waiting 4 weeks now and I haven't heard anything, and he was going to let me know as we have been doing this together from the beginning, and have been keeping each other updated. He had plenty of evidence also and was told approval was pretty much guaranteed, but he is still waiting. 

So who knows, maybe check the reviews of your field office.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
5 hours ago, markandoliv said:

Hi, did you include any health insurance information/ evidence?

Our status was just updated to new card is being created

49 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Think it depends on local office.

It actually depends on the IO. Some of them are authorized to approve and some of them are not. 

1 minute ago, JeffandNadine said:

Our status was just updated to new card is being created

Let me be the first to congratulate you.

19 hours ago, JeffandNadine said:

We had the adjustment of status interview today and the immigration officer said it our case was approvable and it looked like we had everything but it would take two weeks because of a security check that is standard. Is this normal or should we be concerned?

You're fine. Heck when we interviewed they lost my wife's packet and couldn't approve it because they lost it. Took an extra 3 months. Doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, markandoliv said:

Thats great news, did you include any health insurance info as evidence?  Im currently not insured so just wondering

We didn’t submit anything from the insurance company but we did give them a copy of the checking account statement for the month which shows the payment for the health insurance. The USCIS officer never asked for any health insurance information even when we told her we were expecting. She asked my wife the same questions from her I-485 and checked off that the answers were the same as on the application. She asked us to put all evidence we wanted to submit to support the application on the table such as leases tax returns etc... The only other questions were how we met, where I proposed, my wife’s port of entry and where I work. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 2/27/2020 at 6:40 AM, JeffandNadine said:

We had ours today, and it went the exact same way.. two weeks for the letter in the mail saying if approved or not, she mentioned if anything else is needed, Id get a RFE letter in the mail.. but it sounded v positive. Holding thumbs! 

Timeline
16 hours ago, IsabelleFredrick said:

We had ours today, and it went the exact same way.. two weeks for the letter in the mail saying if approved or not, she mentioned if anything else is needed, Id get a RFE letter in the mail.. but it sounded v positive. Holding thumbs! 

Our case updated online the same day we had the interview saying the card was being created and the following day it said it was approved. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.