B&ANZ

I-130 February 2020 Filers

341 posts in this topic

On 9/24/2020 at 12:55 PM, spacex123 said:

HI everyone, we filed February 29th and the NOA1 came from Potomac. When I inquired it looks like we got moved to Texas. I did not get a transfer notice. The case status check has shown " It is being processed at our E-Filed Case Processing Section location. The notice describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing " for a few months now. 

Does anyone else that filed in February still have this same status mentioned above. We still have about 20 more days before we can inquire. 

Yes!! I filed Feb 6, 2020, and my NOA1 also came from Potomac, but my case number is for e-file and I have the same status message as you. It is now Jan 2021....and it still says that when I check my case status...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 minutes ago, PaRo2020 said:

Yes!! I filed Feb 6, 2020, and my NOA1 also came from Potomac, but my case number is for e-file and I have the same status message as you. It is now Jan 2021....and it still says that when I check my case status...

I have the same. Feb 6th PD. I contacted them and the officer said that the entire window must pass before an inquirey.  Is this true? 

The entire 14 months to clear your priority date? 

4 minutes ago, stringpuller said:

I have the same. Feb 6th PD. I contacted them and the officer said that the entire window must pass before an inquirey.  Is this true? 

The entire 14 months to clear your priority date? 

I plan on calling them tomorrow. It is ridiculous if they are waiting that long...12 months (one year) makes sense...but over that is just too much. Let's see what they tell me tomorrow.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, PaRo2020 said:

I plan on calling them tomorrow. It is ridiculous if they are waiting that long...12 months (one year) makes sense...but over that is just too much. Let's see what they tell me tomorrow.

Let us know how it goes 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 12/10/2020 at 2:12 PM, FayeAlexandra said:

We have been waiting since Feb 25th, we got Nebraska. Our case went outside of processing two weeks ago, finally got a call back from tier 2 officer. He said our case was transferred in April to California. We asked why we had not received transfer notice or any update and they said its due to staffing issues and shortages. We have already been waiting for 10 months for our NA02 and not have the possibility of waiting another 8.5 months, I cannot take much more of this. They told us our case had not been actively reviewed yet, just transferred. So no one has even looked at it! We are perfect model citizens. No criminal records, never lived in other countries, no medical issues, both have great education and salaries. It makes no sense to me!! I try to compare but its so heartbreaking to see people months behind you get NA02 or embassy appointments within 6 months. Has anyone had success with contacting a senator for help? Any advice appreciated. 

My case was transferred to california too. Still waiting. Called them a few times but nothing has changed. California is apparently really backed up. 

I'm going to likely just visit my spouse and stay with her until this stuff ends. 

USCIS is an absolute disaster. Thank you Trump and Stephen Miller.

PS. Most cases are scanned, uploaded and can be processed by any service center. It makes no sense that people are waiting nearly 2 years to get their case adjudicated while some are getting approvals by 5-6 months. If they really cared about process, they would have 1 giant queue where cases were pulled by any of the many service centers. Pathetic and incompetent leaders. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ikhan said:

My case was transferred to california too. Still waiting. Called them a few times but nothing has changed. California is apparently really backed up. 

I'm going to likely just visit my spouse and stay with her until this stuff ends. 

PS. Most cases are scanned, uploaded and can be processed by any service center. It makes no sense that people are waiting nearly 2 years to get their case adjudicated while some are getting approvals by 5-6 months. If they really cared about process, they would have 1 giant queue where cases were pulled by any of the many service centers. Pathetic and incompetent leaders. 

Im happy for those who can still visit their spouses. I was 2 weeks away from buying air fair to visit my wife when Covid hit. 

I cannot enter her country by government order. I hope they understand this at the interview stage. It has been crazy 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Ikhan said:

I know it is pretty said that the cases are taking longer than expected. I found one thing that might help you is that you asked them kindly review your case to expedite. I requested last week and I was approved today. They notified that your case being actively review your case" and within 24 hrs I got the approval. You can give it a try. All the very best!!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Chowdhury+Zaib said:

I know it is pretty said that the cases are taking longer than expected. I found one thing that might help you is that you asked them kindly review your case to expedite. I requested last week and I was approved today. They notified that your case being actively review your case" and within 24 hrs I got the approval. You can give it a try. All the very best!!

What was the grounds for your request for your expedite? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Chowdhury+Zaib said:

Im also curious of what grounds you used to expedite 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Posts merged with existing thread~~~

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2021 at 9:26 AM, PaRo2020 said:

Hello All,

I am a USC, and I filed i-130 for my immigrant spouse February 6, 2020. I received my NOA1 a few days later. My receipt number had IOE written on it, but on the bottom left corner it said Potomac. I have not yet received my NOA2 or no other updates at all. Is there anyone else who is going through this same situation? Any advice on making this "wait" easier...

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2021 at 1:42 PM, Jot18 said:

Fill in your timeline to get proper estimates. You can also visit: https://www.visajourney.com/times/

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2021 at 5:22 PM, PaRo2020 said:

Thank you! I have updated my timeline

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
19 hours ago, stringpuller said:

What was the grounds for your request for your expedite? 

I have explained my wife's health concerns that I had. I told them she is physiologically down and I am very concerned for her. Also due to covid-19, we are going through tough time. I have elaborated my explanation with kind words. I was happy to see they worked on my wife's case within a couple of days. It may not work for everyone but it may give you a chance to smile. Best of luck again. I received my NOA2 letter on my online account today. USCIS has sent the case over to NVC. I should hear back within 45 days.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Chowdhury+Zaib said:

I have explained my wife's health concerns that I had. I told them she is physiologically down and I am very concerned for her. Also due to covid-19, we are going through tough time. I have elaborated my explanation with kind words. I was happy to see they worked on my wife's case within a couple of days. It may not work for everyone but it may give you a chance to smile. Best of luck again. I received my NOA2 letter on my online account today. USCIS has sent the case over to NVC. I should hear back within 45 days.

Thank you for the update. Did you submit items from a doctor or just write a letter explaining your situation? 

Timeline
On 1/16/2021 at 2:47 AM, Chowdhury+Zaib said:

I am thinking about giving it a shot. Feb 6th will be a year. I have not been able to visit her since july 2019. Then covid came. 

She has been hospitalized twice in the last 8 months. Diagnosed recently with colitis. Just went back to work after nearly a year off. This has been rough to say the least. 

It would be easier if she was here ofcourse for medical insurance. Thank you for your post 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.