B&ANZ

I-130 February 2020 Filers

341 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Our case is now showing approved. Good luck to everyone and I'm thankful this website is here. Thank God 

I will update our timeline soon. 

Took 4 days to the NVC. Already there. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/6/2021 at 2:51 PM, coe23 said:

Wanted to update you guys, that my case is now actively being reviewed since yesterday! Hopefully Monday or Tuesday I get approved 

They sent us RFE for marriage certificate.....which I submitted with the petition to begin with....so I resent the copy I uploaded again. I just don't understand, did they not look through the whole file the first time

4 hours ago, coe23 said:

They sent us RFE for marriage certificate.....which I submitted with the petition to begin with....so I resent the copy I uploaded again. I just don't understand, did they not look through the whole file the first time

Did you file online? Is you marriage certificate in a language other than english? 

Edited by darth vader

Timeline
10 hours ago, darth vader said:

Did you file online? Is you marriage certificate in a language other than english? 

I filed online and its in English already 🙄

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
4 minutes ago, B777X said:

How many pictures did you guys upload as evidence when submitting your I-130? 

We did not have that many. Just the important ones

Timeline
1 hour ago, B777X said:

How many pictures did you guys upload as evidence when submitting your I-130? 

I uploaded wedding photos and most of the ones where we were together in

8 hours ago, coe23 said:

I filed online and its in English already 🙄

Was it in landscape mode or not correctly oriented? I would call USCIS and talk to tier2 officer, they can tell you why the marriage certificate was rejected.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Was it in landscape mode or not correctly oriented? I would call USCIS and talk to tier2 officer, they can tell you why the marriage certificate was rejected.

Orientation matters? They can't flip on their screen? I'll call tomorrow to check on it. But I did see that apparently my name was misspelled.....so if anything thats what it is and idk how to fix it since my husband has the certificate in Nigeria 

Hey guys. Our case was just approved today. It went to "case being actively reviewed" this morning and then to "case approved" after couple of hours. Thanks everyone for sharing your timeline and experience. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for an approval!

Some insight into what I observed while waiting:
1. When I received my NOA1 the letter said my case was in California Service Center.

2. When I called USCIS to inquire about my case 2-3 months later, they told me it was transferred to the Potomac Service Center. I did not receive any notice neither through mail nor email.
3. When I called multiple times to double check the location of my case, I've had multiple USCIS customer service reps giving me conflicting information, with some saying it's in Texas Service Center and some saying it's in Potomac. Apparently they have multiple databases where they check this information and may end up giving you wrong information. Eventually I spoke to Tier 2 officers and 2 of them confirmed that my case is in Potomac.

4. When I called yesterday to inquire about my case I was told that there was an "evidence review" that occurred recently and that the case was assigned to an adjudicating officer. Today the case went to "actively reviewing" and then "approved".

Just thought I might share this in case you guys are in the same situation.

13 minutes ago, B777X said:

Hey guys. Our case was just approved today. It went to "case being actively reviewed" this morning and then to "case approved" after couple of hours. Thanks everyone for sharing your timeline and experience. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for an approval!

Some insight into what I observed while waiting:
1. When I received my NOA1 the letter said my case was in California Service Center.

2. When I called USCIS to inquire about my case 2-3 months later, they told me it was transferred to the Potomac Service Center. I did not receive any notice neither through mail nor email.
3. When I called multiple times to double check the location of my case, I've had multiple USCIS customer service reps giving me conflicting information, with some saying it's in Texas Service Center and some saying it's in Potomac. Apparently they have multiple databases where they check this information and may end up giving you wrong information. Eventually I spoke to Tier 2 officers and 2 of them confirmed that my case is in Potomac.

4. When I called yesterday to inquire about my case I was told that there was an "evidence review" that occurred recently and that the case was assigned to an adjudicating officer. Today the case went to "actively reviewing" and then "approved".

Just thought I might share this in case you guys are in the same situation.

how did you get in contact with a representative. I'm still not able to do that. My PD was 02/10/2020...and when I check online there is still no update, it still says case was received and a notice receipt was emailed. 

1 minute ago, PaRo2020 said:

how did you get in contact with a representative. I'm still not able to do that. My PD was 02/10/2020...and when I check online there is still no update, it still says case was received and a notice receipt was emailed. 

When the automated system asks why you're calling say that you have a technical problem or something like "I cannot log in to my account" to trick the automated system to connect you to a live agent.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 1/26/2021 at 6:13 AM, FayeAlexandra said:

Can I ask what your contact method was? By phone? written letter? email? congrats on your approval!

On 1/26/2021 at 6:13 AM, FayeAlexandra said:

Can I ask what your contact method was? By phone? written letter? email? congrats on your approval!

So sorry to reply you late, I had sent massage through USCIS online account. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.