B&ANZ

I-130 February 2020 Filers

341 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 10/1/2020 at 12:53 PM, Steffy Stef said:

No it shouldn’t take months. Something that small should take a week or so 

Hey, just curious what was it they had sent you an RFE For? 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guysss!

my daughters case got approved today, while myself (her mum) got an RFE minutes later same day, today

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

My husband who is a USC is the petitioner ❤

PD March 12, 2020 

Nebraska service centre

I have been on this journey since April 2017! Yes 2017 guys(will share my story after my own approval) ... such a relief at least 🙏🙏🙏

On 10/19/2020 at 3:44 PM, Kide said:

Hey guysss!

my daughters case got approved today, while myself (her mum) got an RFE minutes later same day, today

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

My husband who is a USC is the petitioner ❤

PD March 12, 2020 

Nebraska service centre

I have been on this journey since April 2017! Yes 2017 guys(will share my story after my own approval) ... such a relief at least 🙏🙏🙏

Congratulations 🥳🥳🥳

On 10/20/2020 at 3:31 PM, Kosloski said:

Just got approved, Feb 13th

Waiting for NVC email now 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Congratulations 🥳🥳. Did you see any updates on your account before the approval? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 9/24/2020 at 4:26 PM, darth vader said:

We have the same status. How did you find out that you were transferred to Texas - did you talk to a tier 2 officer at USCIS?

Does this mean the case has been transferred? 

24 minutes ago, stringpuller said:

Does this mean the case has been transferred? 

No idea. I've asked USCIS multiple times and each time they say my case is at Potomac.

Edited by darth vader

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have been waiting since Feb 25th, we got Nebraska. Our case went outside of processing two weeks ago, finally got a call back from tier 2 officer. He said our case was transferred in April to California. We asked why we had not received transfer notice or any update and they said its due to staffing issues and shortages. We have already been waiting for 10 months for our NA02 and not have the possibility of waiting another 8.5 months, I cannot take much more of this. They told us our case had not been actively reviewed yet, just transferred. So no one has even looked at it! We are perfect model citizens. No criminal records, never lived in other countries, no medical issues, both have great education and salaries. It makes no sense to me!! I try to compare but its so heartbreaking to see people months behind you get NA02 or embassy appointments within 6 months. Has anyone had success with contacting a senator for help? Any advice appreciated. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, FayeAlexandra said:

We have been waiting since Feb 25th, we got Nebraska. Our case went outside of processing two weeks ago, finally got a call back from tier 2 officer. He said our case was transferred in April to California. We asked why we had not received transfer notice or any update and they said its due to staffing issues and shortages. We have already been waiting for 10 months for our NA02 and not have the possibility of waiting another 8.5 months, I cannot take much more of this. They told us our case had not been actively reviewed yet, just transferred. So no one has even looked at it! We are perfect model citizens. No criminal records, never lived in other countries, no medical issues, both have great education and salaries. It makes no sense to me!! I try to compare but its so heartbreaking to see people months behind you get NA02 or embassy appointments within 6 months. Has anyone had success with contacting a senator for help? Any advice appreciated. 

Sorry to hear. I have no advice. It is hard to believe it takes this long for a spouse

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/10/2020 at 12:12 PM, FayeAlexandra said:

I am sorry to hear this. I know the wait must be frustrating. But be assured that the transfer happens all the time and it has nothing to do with you. It has more to do with them "balancing" (supposedly) the load of applications. I was surprised too (pleasantly though), when we received approval notice for application for petition for my stepmom and it has Nebraska Service Center in the notice, when we were thinking that our case is being processed by California Service Center because that was what was in our 1st receipt notice. Just hang in there.

Edited by Motongever

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Update!

The I-130 application of my dad for my stepmom submitted in February 2020 was just approved 12/12/2020!!! We filed it online and the receipt notice indicated CSC so we were following the timeline for CSC which should've been 15-20 mos. wait time. However, when we received the approval, the notice indicated Nebraska Service center, and we did not receive any notifications that there had been a change in service center. Just want to share this with you guys, might happen to you as well so stay positive!

Timeline

The confusing part is earlier this year PSC was doing PD in november and then it jumps back 2 years then back up then back to again to sept Oct of 2019. Why are these PDates all over the place? 

• 5 weeks later...

Hello All,

I am a USC, and I filed i-130 for my immigrant spouse February 6, 2020. I received my NOA1 a few days later. My receipt number had IOE written on it, but on the bottom left corner it said Potomac. I have not yet received my NOA2 or no other updates at all. Is there anyone else who is going through this same situation? Any advice on making this "wait" easier...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Fill in your timeline to get proper estimates. You can also visit: https://www.visajourney.com/times/

I-90 Green Card Timeline

05/29/2014: Applied for I-90, Due to an Name Error.

06/12/2014: Biometrics Appointment

02/13/2015: Green Card Was Ordered To Be Produced

02/20/2015: Green Card Has Been Mailed.(Received Tracking Number)

02/23/2015: Green Card Received With Correct Name

N-400 Citizenship Timeline

07/05/2012 = Eligible to apply for Naturalization based on the 5-year rule (90-days rule applied)

01/11/2015 = Sent N-400 Packet (to Phoenix Lockbox Facility via USPS Certified Mail)

01/15/2015 = N-400 Packet Delivered

01/27/2015 = I-912 Approved

02/02/2015 = NOA1 Received (Priority Date 01/15/2015)

02/07/2015 = Biometrics Letter Received (Bio Set for 02/20/2015)

02/25/2015 = In Line for Interview

04/03/2015 = Interview Completed

--- = Oath Letter Received

04/15/2015 = Oath Ceremony!

I-130 Timeline

02/08/2020 - Married

06/02/2020 - Filed I-130 Online

06/02/2020 - NOA1 Received

07/01/2020 - Back to U.S from India 

01/11/2021 - NOA2 Received & Petition Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.