mirchi

N 400 February 2020 Filers

763 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, thongho2910 said:

I am sorry to hear. May I know what is A File? 

I think the “A File” is the paper based documentation of all your immigration history, containing all your applications you ever filed etc. USCIS usually review your immigration history during naturalization to make sure everything checks out. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, thongho2910 said:

I am sorry to hear. May I know what is A File? 

1 hour ago, seetsuh said:

I think the “A File” is the paper based documentation of all your immigration history, containing all your applications you ever filed etc. USCIS usually review your immigration history during naturalization to make sure everything checks out. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

A = Alien... A-file = Alien file... where all your documents and papers are kept.

Edited by aa1979

Filed: Other Timeline
15 hours ago, Hyatto said:

Hello, I just passed my interview yesterday day :)

the IO was really nice and it felt like we were just talking. 
I was sworn in and after that she asked for my passports, GC and driver’s license.

She went straight to do the civics test.

What did the emancipation proclamation do?

Who is the Father of our country? 

Who is the Vice President?

When must all men register for the Selective Service?

Which state borders Mexico?

What war was between the North and South?

I forgot the English and writing test but it was about which state had the most people...

Then we went through my n400 and she told me that I passed and will be mailing out when and where the oath taking will be.

I then asked how long it would take for the notice to arrive and she said it’ll be 30-90 days because of the covid. I looked at my online myuscis acct and it said estimated completion time will be September(1 month). 

Congratulations! Thanks for all the details in the comment.

I then asked how long it would take for the notice to arrive and she said it’ll be 30-90 days because of the covid. I looked at my online myuscis acct and it said estimated completion time will be September(1 month). 

——————————-EDIT

I logged into myuscis acct and the completion date is now January 2021. Phew gonna be a lonnnggg wait for that Naturalization Ceremony. 

13 minutes ago, KCMO said:

Hello guys!. 

Just now Finished my Oath Ceremony in Kansas City,MO.

Have Naturalization Certificate in hand. 

It was quick process.

Now will register to vote 

Apply for passport.

& Update Social security administration about my Citizenship.

As for passport application is considered I learnt that if you fill it online and print the form with the barcode and submit it to the post office, the barcode makes the computer process your passport within a week. I am gonna try that and see. 

Finally my almost 10 year immigration journey is Over. 

When my attorney did nothing, Visa journey came to my rescue and helped in each step along the way. 

I am very grateful for this forum and for each and everyone of you contributing to the knowledge in your own way. 

Good luck & God bless.

Congratulations! Very happy for you! 

N400 timeline

02/21/2020 - Filed N400

02/22/2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

02/28/2020 - paper NOA and Biometrics letter received

03/13/2020 - Biometrics appointment

03/06/2020 - Succesfull walk in Biometrics

10/23/2020 - Received appointment letter online 

12/03/2020 - Interview appointment 

12/10/2020 - Received notice that oath ceremony will be scheduled 

01/21/2021 - Uploaded statement about objection to bear arms

01/22/2021 - Received notice that invitation to oath ceremony has been sent

01/28/2020 - Received letter in the mail with invitation to oath ceremony

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
52 minutes ago, KCMO said:

Hello guys!. 

It was quick process.

Apply for passport.

As for passport application is considered I learnt that if you fill it online and print the form with the barcode and submit it to the post office, the barcode makes the computer process your passport within a week. I am gonna try that and see. 

When my attorney did nothing, Visa journey came to my rescue and helped in each step along the way. 

I am very grateful for this forum and for each and everyone of you contributing to the knowledge in your own way. 

Good luck & God bless.

Congratulations!!

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

3 hours ago, KCMO said:

I learnt that if you fill it online and print the form with the barcode and submit it to the post office, the barcode makes the computer process your passport within a week. I am gonna try that and see. 

Please keep us updated on this particular process and if it happens that fast for you! I trust that, from your update, many of us will take that route because we all just want to be done with USCIS and immigration stuff 🙄

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Amadia said:

Please keep us updated on this particular process and if it happens that fast for you! I trust that, from your update, many of us will take that route because we all just want to be done with USCIS and immigration stuff 🙄

I'm not sure we should understand this as "the passport will be processed in a week".

What it means is that, instead of filling out manually a passport application, if you do it via the "wizard" tool on the Dept. of State website, the tool will not only fill out automatically the form/application for you to print, but it also generates a barcode that contains all of the info on the application. That way, once the application has been submitted to a passport acceptance facility such as an accredited Post Office, and the Post Office has sent it to a Passport Agency (part of the Dept. of State), the agency just needs to scan the barcode in order to have the full application retrieved in their system. Because it is done in a single barcode scan, it means that the system can add your application/case status online faster, as opposed to having a clerk at the Passport Agency type in your info field by field and create your entry in the system (more labor intensive), which can take more time to see your application status online.

There is still a big backlog as most Passport Agencies are still in Phase 1 (only a handful of agents in the office) and a handful in Phase 2 (some more agents back to work). None are in Phase 3 yet. They focus on life or death emergencies in priority (allowing only those to get an appointment at their offices), and process the applications on a first come first served basis, meaning the oldest applications.

Believe me, I applied for a passport for my newborn on July 31, doing everything with the online tool, nicely-printed form with barcode etc... It is true that merely 5 days later, I was able to check the status online, but it is still "In Process" as of now.

The expectation is 6 to 8 weeks.

Link here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/passport-covid-19.html

4 hours ago, KCMO said:

Hello guys!. 

It was quick process.

Apply for passport.

Good luck & God bless.

I would first inquire about passport. currently there is a huge back log for passports. My spouse passport renewal is pending since march. If you check on there website they do mention that they are still processing applicants from march. If you are not traveling anytime soon, I would advise not to apply for passport unless the backlog is cleared which they expect it to be in late fall. Its very nerve wracking to submit your original naturalization certificate for months without any certainty.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.