Chilindas

POTOMAC (YSC) I-751 Non Transferred Filers ONLY...

1,259 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Chilindas said:

I always believed Potomac was one of the fastest Centers. Never thought we would have this much delay. Let’s stay hopeful. 

Same, at least by uscis's own processing stats.

Feels like nothing is happening at Potomac for i-751s

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

Hi! Just did a search for YSC and found this thread. Happy to see other Potomac filers!! - don't much see them... I'm waiting on my 751 - filed August 2 2019 - filed through my lawyer so didn't 'choose' Potomac. She said at the time it was taking about a year - which took me aback because my 130 only took 7 months all-in... I used the same lawyer. Case is simple: still married, loads of evidence... guess it's just a waiting game. I got my Extension about 3 or 4 weeks later and then had absolutely no updates on my 751 until January when I got my biometrics - which seemed to take longer than other August filers - doubly relieved now with all the chaos going on right now... My USCIS page has since never even updated that I completed the biometrics.

Edited by CLAL

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I filed on the 28th of June, 2019.

My biometrics was in 24th of October, 2019.

I have not heard anything since then. 

Potomac has to be the worst service centre this year.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 5/11/2020 at 8:32 AM, Sarasota said:

I don't think I have seen anyone at Potomac past biometrics on here...

But other centers are starting to approve people who filed after July

I guess we didn't get lucky for i751 :(

Btw, Where is the physical location of this service center? Can it be because no one is working there since March because of Corona Virus or because they do not have enough staff

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, arman597 said:

I guess we didn't get lucky for i751 :(

Btw, Where is the physical location of this service center? Can it be because no one is working there since March because of Corona Virus or because they do not have enough staff

Arlington, VA

Timeline
2 hours ago, ssaket said:

Arlington, VA

oh well, let us wait to see if anyone gets approved in this week. Then, I think we should all submit inquiry about the Process taking too long or talk to the Tier 2 officer and bring this to their attention

2 minutes ago, arman597 said:

oh well, let us wait to see if anyone gets approved in this week. Then, I think we should all submit inquiry about the Process taking too long or talk to the Tier 2 officer and bring this to their attention

I actually submitted one a week or so ago. Not expecting it to do anything, just out of curiosity. I just got a standard-looking reply.

Recently, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Your application is still pending consideration. We regret that we are not able to give you a time frame for when we will complete the review of your application.

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

ROC Timeline

Good afternoon,

I had to send the packet again because it arrived 1 day earlier and they returned to me.

On April 24/2020 they received the packet

April 29/2020 send me the text with the receipt number #YSC.

The form I-797 was supposed to follow in mail but it never arrived

It said that if by May 24/2020 i do not receive the receipt notice should call the contact center. The thing is that may GC expires on 06/13/2020 and they say the only option is to email lockbox support for the letter (I-797) but the email response from them said to wait for an answer in the next 30 business days.

Does anybody know what else i can do to expedite this letter and keep my job?

Thank you!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sarasota said:

I actually submitted one a week or so ago. Not expecting it to do anything, just out of curiosity. I just got a standard-looking reply.

Recently, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Your application is still pending consideration. We regret that we are not able to give you a time frame for when we will complete the review of your application.

Huh, their standard of work is getting below standard, with all these in-person interviews cancelled, one would surmise that they will have everything else completed ahead of time

Timeline
3 hours ago, Emil85 said:

I had to send the packet again because it arrived 1 day earlier and they returned to me.

I had the same situation, I did receive 18-month extension letter after I sent my packet again, it took couple of weeks

1 hour ago, arman597 said:

Huh, their standard of work is getting below standard, with all these in-person interviews cancelled, one would surmise that they will have everything else completed ahead of time

I agree, I'm following a few forums and Facebook pages, nothing happening with Potomac ROCs... Sure wish I was at SRC though

N-400 Timeline

ROC Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I just got the text notification with YSC case number. After checking this forum, I'm feeling a bit dejected. 

I think DC closing down due to COVID certainly affects Potomac. DC and Arlington, VA will start reopening this Friday. So, hopefully we will see progress soon. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, dmnc said:

I just got the text notification with YSC case number. After checking this forum, I'm feeling a bit dejected. 

I think DC closing down due to COVID certainly affects Potomac. DC and Arlington, VA will start reopening this Friday. So, hopefully we will see progress soon. 

what was in the text message?

• 3 weeks later...

It seems like Potomac have reused biometric for recent filers. So there is some movement.

But not sure if it's a good sign that they are trying to do the bare minimum?

N-400 Timeline

ROC Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I am in the same boat. Patiently waiting for Potomac to remove conditions of my GC. 
Filed in September 2019

Had biometrics done on January 31, 2020

My case status says ‘Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken’ and nothing else. 

Let’s hope we hear some news soon! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.