Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Zsazsa said:

Call your Senate. Call your Congressman. They have the ability to back you on this and push it. Call anyone. I’m seriously outraged. 

Done that, they have inquired but they cannot push for specific outcomes for constituents. They can only request information (which they have done twice). 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Bah90 said:

Hello everyone, I am a Jan 2020 AOS filer, I was wondering what the USCIS number is to reach out to them to follow up my case? What number are you guys calling? 
Thank you

If you received NOA1, you've got your case # and can check your case status online. Note that there's a very good chance there's just no new news for you.

If you filed in Jan and have not received a paper NOA1 or texts/emails, contact lockbox support, especially if your check was cashed or credit card was charged.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

I have an interview with Amazon coming up and they ask me to answer the following question in an email (I was referred):

*Are you a US citizen or national; permanent resident; applicant for legalization or amnesty, asylee (i.e. a person granted asylum) or a refugee? 

To make life easy, I tend to select that I am a permanent resident (which I am not yet). I assume that they are trying to figure out if I am legally authorized to work, and I hate to explain to EAD/K1 concept and confuse people...

ROC Timeline:

2023-02-20: Mailed package to Phoenix Lockbox with UPS Ground

2023-02-27: Package was delivered

2023-03-02: Received text that case was received with SRC case #

2023-03-03: Money order was cashed

2023-03-09: Received 48 months extension letter in mail

2023-05-20: Greencard expired

2024-01-03: Still waiting for update on biometrics

2 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

If you received NOA1, you've got your case # and can check your case status online. Note that there's a very good chance there's just no new news for you.

If you filed in Jan and have not received a paper NOA1 or texts/emails, contact lockbox support, especially if your check was cashed or credit card was charged.

thank you. I‘ve got my NOA1 and did the biometrics in February. I’m waiting for EAD.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, beefmaster said:

Now my "Expedite Request Approved" date has changed in the USCIS case status system from 5/14 to 5/29...anyone have any idea what is going on? Hopefully this does not reset the clock. 

Huh? Where did you see this? What site? What does this mean? 

Just now, Zsazsa said:

Huh? Where did you see this? What site? What does this mean? 

the regular one: https://egov.uscis.gov/

Yesterday my EAD had the status: "On May 14, 2020, we approved your request for expedite processing on your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization"

Today: On May 29, 2020, we approved your request for expedite processing on your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Timeline
1 minute ago, beefmaster said:

the regular one: https://egov.uscis.gov/

Yesterday my EAD had the status: "On May 14, 2020, we approved your request for expedite processing on your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization"

Today: On May 29, 2020, we approved your request for expedite processing on your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Oh wow. I can’t see why they’d restart the clock. I am thinking approval for you is gonna be today or Monday. That is my hope. 

mine still says May 15. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, beefmaster said:

You are always so optimistic! 

Haha. Not always. I promise. I was trying to show you want my status page looks like but it won’t let me DM you a photo. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.