Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Please, I want to know, I sent down our tax transcripts and w2s coupled with the i-865 & i-865a to Nigeria for my daughters consular interview. Its actually IR1 interview. I sent it down in January since the interview was in February before it was rescheduled and subsequently cancelled. 

Now we have filed another Tax Return for 2019. We filed it in March, 2020. Do I still need to fill another i-865 and send down the 2019 tax transcripts and w2s incase she gets called for interview?

Also, the medicals was done in January, will they require us to do another medicals? 

11 minutes ago, ChidinmaFaith said:

Please, I want to know, I sent down our tax transcripts and w2s coupled with the i-865 & i-865a to Nigeria for my daughters consular interview. Its actually IR1 interview. I sent it down in January since the interview was in February before it was rescheduled and subsequently cancelled. 

Now we have filed another Tax Return for 2019. We filed it in March, 2020. Do I still need to fill another i-865 and send down the 2019 tax transcripts and w2s incase she gets called for interview?

I-864 (not I-865) and I-864A (not I-865A)

Another set of I-864s is not required. However, it would be wise to have another, up-to-date, set (plus supporting evidences) prepared in case they want to see if there have been any changes.

11 minutes ago, ChidinmaFaith said:

Also, the medicals was done in January, will they require us to do another medicals? 

The visa can only be valid up to the date the medical expires, which is 6 months. So most likely a new medical will be required.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Angel4love said:

For those trying to leave Nigeria, kindly join the whatsapp group for those planning the next flight out of Nigeria

https://chat.whatsapp.com/E3jCvu8qtjAJ4IDhJsFhKG

I'm sure my husband woul love that but we are still stuck at NVC. No idea when an interview date will come up yet. The embassy is closed.

On 6/18/2020 at 11:13 PM, Patricia Owuh said:

I'm sure my husband woul love that but we are still stuck at NVC. No idea when an interview date will come up yet. The embassy is closed.

For cr1

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/Proclamation-Suspending-Entry-of-Immigrants-Who-Present-Risk-to-the-US-labor-market.html

Timeline
3 hours ago, Johnkenni said:

This article was about passports. My husband has a passport. We are waiting for the embassy in Lagos to open. Any news on when that will happen?

3 minutes ago, Patricia Owuh said:

This article was about passports. My husband has a passport. We are waiting for the embassy in Lagos to open. Any news on when that will happen?

If he needs a visa for the US it will still be quite some time.  The NVC will schedule it when the consulate is open and appointments are being accepted.   What is your plan if he isn't recommended for a waiver?

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
16 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

If he needs a visa for the US it will still be quite some time.  The NVC will schedule it when the consulate is open and appointments are being accepted.   What is your plan if he isn't recommended for a waiver?

Deal with whatever comes our way. What else can we do!  Do you guys have your visa? If so congrats! The rest of us just continue pray for God's grace and mercy!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/9/2020 at 4:04 PM, coforever said:

Another flight is leaving now for the US .2 was successfully concluded..  Join the group and PM the admin

https://chat.whatsapp.com/EI77JfGGHdT1Bx8tamihC2

Timeline
On 6/15/2020 at 12:24 AM, ChidinmaFaith said:

So the 60 days ban will be over next week (06/23/2020). 

any idea when the embassy in Nigeria will reopen for operations? They have a huge backlogs of pending interview.

My husband tells me cases of COVID are increasing there , so I wouldn't be surprised if they extend the band.

Filed: Other Country: Oman
Timeline

Has anyone been issued a green card after they arrived the US

13 hours ago, coforever said:

Another flight is leaving now for the US .2 was successfully concluded..  Join the group and PM the admin

https://chat.whatsapp.com/EI77JfGGHdT1Bx8tamihC2

Isnt this same group where they charge money for information?

Timeline

We really need to be careful so we don't fall into the wrong hands.

I learned the Nigeria airport 🛫 will resume flight activities on Saturday next week. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.