Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Matma70 said:

Sorry for misunderstanding you!  My husband called Ethiopian Airlines and was told about an upcoming trip like this. So hopefully he can catch this. His is also considering going to Cotonou but when I researched Air France it sounds like he needs France (transit) visa just to enter airport.. so that will be a problem! Thank you for your assistance!

Just read that there is no transit visa needed for France so disregard what I said about it. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Matma70 said:

Thank you so much for all your assistance. I truly appreciate it because it has been a 4 year struggle for us to be together! I will look into all of these leads!

Your welcome! I hope your husband is able to get to you ASAP. ❤️

Timeline
On 7/6/2020 at 9:32 PM, PatLuvO said:

I read there is a Ethiopian Airlines flight scheduled for July 17 to return Nigerians from the US arriving in Abuja from New Jersey, so most likely that will be another evacuation flight on the return leg. 

They just announced another evacuation flight departing on July 28th from New Jersey on Ethiopian airlines landing in Abuja on July 29th. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, PatLuvO said:

They just announced another evacuation flight departing on July 28th from New Jersey on Ethiopian airlines landing in Abuja on July 29th. 

My husband has several options to fly out next week! Just narrowing it down to who will give him the best rate and travel time! Thanks to everyone who assisted! 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Matma70 said:

My husband has several options to fly out next week! Just narrowing it down to who will give him the best rate and travel time! Thanks to everyone who assisted! 

Omg! I am so happy for you guys! Please let us know when he makes it. Good luck and safe travels to him. 🙂

Timeline
14 hours ago, Matma70 said:

Health Alert:  U.S. Mission Nigeria (10 July 2020)

Event:  Evacuation Flights Planned

The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos has confirmed two evacuation flights through Ethiopian Airlines: one on THURSDAY, JULY 16, and one on THURSDAY, JULY 23.  Each flight will depart from Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos and transit Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD).  At this time, the U.S. Mission has no anticipated flights from Abuja.

Unlike previous evacuation flights, the U.S. Consulate WILL NOT be calling travelers to book these flights and travelers WILL NOT be signing promissory notes.  All travelers must book and pay for their tickets through Ethiopian Airlines.  See below for details:

DATES:  Thursday, July 16, and Thursday, July 23.

ELIGIBLE TRAVELERS:  These flights are only available to U.S. citizens and U.S. Legal Permanent Residents (LPR).  If you purchase a ticket and you are not a U.S. citizen or LPR, you do so at your own risk and may not receive a refund if denied boarding.

DESTINATION:  Washington, D.C. (IAD), via Addis Ababa.  Passengers cannot leave the Addis Ababa airport while in transit.

BOOKING:  For flight times, pricing info, baggage info, and to book your ticket, please contact Ethiopian Airlines directly by phone or email:

·         Monday-Saturday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM:  +234 803 975 9711 or +234 814 199 2990

·         Sunday Only, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM:  +234 803 241 8516

·         Emailabvadmn@ethiopainairlines.com or abvcto@ethiopianairlines.com

Again, the U.S. Consulate WILL NOT be calling travelers to book these flights and travelers WILL NOT be signing promissory notes.  All travelers must book and pay for their tickets through Ethiopian Airlines.

Evacuation Flight Registration

The U.S. Mission released new evacuation questionnaires on April 22, 2020.  If you are interested in taking an evacuation flight organized by the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos or the U.S. Embassy in Abuja and you have not yet completed the questionnaire, please CAREFULLY and ACCURATELY complete the appropriate questionnaire below.  EACH TRAVELER in your party must complete his/her own questionnaire in order to be included in our data:

New Lagos Evacuation Flight Questionnaire 

New Abuja Evacuation Flight Questionnaire

Actions to Take 

·         Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.  

·         For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations 

·         Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.  

·         Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions. 

·         Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria. 

·         Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States  

Assistance: 

U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria

Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area

+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0) 

AbujaACS@state.gov

U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria 

2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island

+234 (1) 460-3400 during business hours and after hours 

LagosACS@state.gov

State Department - Consular Affairs

888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444

Nigeria Country Information

Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

56 minutes ago, Matma70 said:

Health Alert:  U.S. Mission Nigeria (10 July 2020)

Event:  Evacuation Flights Planned

The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos has confirmed two evacuation flights through Ethiopian Airlines: one on THURSDAY, JULY 16, and one on THURSDAY, JULY 23.  Each flight will depart from Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos and transit Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD).  At this time, the U.S. Mission has no anticipated flights from Abuja.

Unlike previous evacuation flights, the U.S. Consulate WILL NOT be calling travelers to book these flights and travelers WILL NOT be signing promissory notes.  All travelers must book and pay for their tickets through Ethiopian Airlines.  See below for details:

DATES:  Thursday, July 16, and Thursday, July 23.

ELIGIBLE TRAVELERS:  These flights are only available to U.S. citizens and U.S. Legal Permanent Residents (LPR).  If you purchase a ticket and you are not a U.S. citizen or LPR, you do so at your own risk and may not receive a refund if denied boarding.

DESTINATION:  Washington, D.C. (IAD), via Addis Ababa.  Passengers cannot leave the Addis Ababa airport while in transit.

BOOKING:  For flight times, pricing info, baggage info, and to book your ticket, please contact Ethiopian Airlines directly by phone or email:

·         Monday-Saturday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM:  +234 803 975 9711 or +234 814 199 2990

·         Sunday Only, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM:  +234 803 241 8516

·         Emailabvadmn@ethiopainairlines.com or abvcto@ethiopianairlines.com

Again, the U.S. Consulate WILL NOT be calling travelers to book these flights and travelers WILL NOT be signing promissory notes.  All travelers must book and pay for their tickets through Ethiopian Airlines.

Evacuation Flight Registration

The U.S. Mission released new evacuation questionnaires on April 22, 2020.  If you are interested in taking an evacuation flight organized by the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos or the U.S. Embassy in Abuja and you have not yet completed the questionnaire, please CAREFULLY and ACCURATELY complete the appropriate questionnaire below.  EACH TRAVELER in your party must complete his/her own questionnaire in order to be included in our data:

New Lagos Evacuation Flight Questionnaire 

New Abuja Evacuation Flight Questionnaire

Actions to Take 

·         Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.  

·         For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations 

·         Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.  

·         Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions. 

·         Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria. 

·         Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States  

Assistance: 

U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria

Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area

+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0) 

AbujaACS@state.gov

U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria 

2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island

+234 (1) 460-3400 during business hours and after hours 

LagosACS@state.gov

State Department - Consular Affairs

888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444

Nigeria Country Information

Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Can just Approved  CR1 spouse  Visa allow to fly

Timeline
5 hours ago, Okwu Samuel said:

Okay thanks

According to your timeline, you have not made it to interview stage yet! Please don't waste money on ticket. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Matma70 said:

Yes as long as you have valid visa

Have you gotten through NVC stage yet? We are still there and no interview date yet. Best of luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/26/2020 at 3:41 AM, Fumero said:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visa-update-immigrant-visa-operations/

some embassies have confirmed that K1 visa are not affected by the ban although priorities are given to Spouse visa. 

@NatashaK1 @PatLuvO

Thanks so much for posting this! Is there a forum/thread specifically for Nigerians who are filing K1 and K2 visas? My sister recently filed her K2 visa for her husband in February and I wanted to share this forum with her as a resource. I wasn't sure if people are still getting approved and processed with the

1. Nigerian Travel Ban from Trump,

2. Immigration Suspension from Trump

3. Slow down of processing and interviews due to Covid 19,

4. Closure of embassies.

Is there a forum or do you all have information about this? I am trying to help her but K2 is a bit different from my situation of when I applied for K1. I'm also in a different stage with my own husband as we are awaiting his green card. Any help for me to provide to my sister is appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Cyndy&Onyi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.