Boiler

Nicky Hilton is fighting climate change by wearing vintage Chanel

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She’s using her platform heels — to, er, heal.

Nicky Hilton Rothschild has a “high-low” approach to fighting climate change — wear vintage Chanel and take the subway.

“I am here in support of [sustainable fashion brand] Maison de Mode … So I pulled out an old Alice + Olivia skirt and wore a vintage Chanel bag, and I took the subway here,” she told us at Fashion Group International’s Rising Star Awards at Cipriani 42nd Street. “I took the 6. I feel like I am doing my part.”

Hilton was also spotted at the opening of the Winter Show at the Park Avenue Armory — the annual art market that benefits The Bronx’s East Side House Settlement — and she reportedly said of the chic pencil skirt she was wearing while admiring a $24,000 sculpture of a cat, “It was $75 from Instagram.”

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/30/nicky-hilton-is-fighting-climate-change-by-wearing-vintage-chanel/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Twitter

An example for us all to follow.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

22 minutes ago, Boiler said:

She’s using her platform heels — to, er, heal.

Nicky Hilton Rothschild has a “high-low” approach to fighting climate change — wear vintage Chanel and take the subway.

“I am here in support of [sustainable fashion brand] Maison de Mode … So I pulled out an old Alice + Olivia skirt and wore a vintage Chanel bag, and I took the subway here,” she told us at Fashion Group International’s Rising Star Awards at Cipriani 42nd Street. “I took the 6. I feel like I am doing my part.”

Hilton was also spotted at the opening of the Winter Show at the Park Avenue Armory — the annual art market that benefits The Bronx’s East Side House Settlement — and she reportedly said of the chic pencil skirt she was wearing while admiring a $24,000 sculpture of a cat, “It was $75 from Instagram.”

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/30/nicky-hilton-is-fighting-climate-change-by-wearing-vintage-chanel/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Twitter

An example for us all to follow.

Never fails to amaze me 

Timeline

If I looked for them I am sure I could find one such story daily, this somehow fell into my lap.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Maybe Nicky should go meet Greta?  Oh wait, the subway does not extend across the Atlantic.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

It's actually rather sensible, in addition to whatever nominal sustainability benefits it might have. I don't buy a lot of clothes (I go by a capsule wardrobe philosophy), but I buy almost exclusively good quality pieces in classic designs that I can wear for years. You then update with seasonal pieces that keep it looking fresh. I find some great deals on Poshmark on vintage designer clothing and accessories, too. Buy the best you can afford and take care of it, which is an excellent lesson I learned from my otherwise loathsome former mother in law.

However, Nicky Hilton does have a way of making it sound really vapid!

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, laylalex said:

However, Nicky Hilton does have a way of making it sound really vapid!

Vapid?  Classic?  Lol.  More like something inspired by Hillary.  I would be more inclined to use her dress as a throw rug to allow me to slide under my car and change the oil, thereby protecting the garage from oil spills.

5 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Vapid?  Classic?  Lol.  More like something inspired by Hillary.  I would be more inclined to use her dress as a throw rug to allow me to slide under my car and change the oil, thereby protecting the garage from oil spills.

Wait, you don't think Nicky Hilton is vapid? 

Also, I wasn't speaking specifically about what she was wearing, though that's a classic Chanel jacket she's wearing. Personally, it's not my style. But I was speaking about how it's sensible to invest in clothing and take care of it, and not fall victim to fast fashion. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, Burnt Reynolds said:

All that one needs to take from this is the "climate change" charade is a social movement, not a science issue. It's a nice gimmick to ride the coattails of for one's own personal gain. 

She needs to watch it, she may be sued by the Greta Team.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

All that one needs to take from this is the "climate change" charade is a social movement, not a science issue. It's a nice gimmick to ride the coattails of for one's own personal gain. 

One one hand, good on her for riding a train that was already using fossil fuels.  On the other hand, she used a train that was using fossil fuels.  Kind of a catch-33.

11 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Wait, you don't think Nicky Hilton is vapid? 

Also, I wasn't speaking specifically about what she was wearing, though that's a classic Chanel jacket she's wearing. Personally, it's not my style. But I was speaking about how it's sensible to invest in clothing and take care of it, and not fall victim to fast fashion. 

Prior to this thread, I never thought about Nicky Hilton at all.  Had to google her to see who she was.  

You say classic.  I say fugly.  Unless someone FORCED her to wear that, she appears to have zero taste in clothing.

3 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Prior to this thread, I never thought about Nicky Hilton at all.  Had to google her to see who she was.  

You say classic.  I say fugly.  Unless someone FORCED her to wear that, she appears to have zero taste in clothing.

Style is subjective, of course. You may not like it, and that's fine. But in fashion, a Chanel jacket is considered to be "classic." It isn't to my taste, but I know the history of Chanel, and in particular the evolution of the Chanel jacket as an iconic item of clothing. I do have some Chanel in my wardrobe, but it's more understated. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, laylalex said:

Style is subjective, of course. You may not like it, and that's fine. But in fashion, a Chanel jacket is considered to be "classic." It isn't to my taste, but I know the history of Chanel, and in particular the evolution of the Chanel jacket as an iconic item of clothing. I do have some Chanel in my wardrobe, but it's more understated. 

I will assume not everybody on this thread has seen The Devil wears Prada.

PS Saw a friend last night who has a sideline growing micro greens, gave me 4 bags and guess what one of them contained!

Oh man.. what an idiot. Vapid, clueless.. just like most of that clan.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23