TrueSoul.

What does the white paper saying necessary administrative processing imply pls ?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The interview went cool with the CO on 27th Jan until he asked about the ages of my fiancees children and I was trying to answer when a man right behind the counter most likely the Supervisor cautioned him not to ask such question. I saw the question was unevessary too as it seems age discrimination against my fiancees who is 26 yrs older than me. He had earlier collected the original of my divorce papers. The CO informed me my case has to undergo necessary administrative processing and handed back my passporr and a white paper. That if I didn't hear from them within 90 days. I should send them an email. This left me devastated because we did everything right in our file and we are genuinely in love with each other. My fiancees is really shattered right now. Pls what does this process entail ? Can we still get approved ? We need urgent help pls !

Timeline

Pls dear visa journey mates this happened in Lagos consulate. Our wedding slated for 21st of March had been ruined after paying for reception venue , bought wedding dress, suits and shoes , invitation cards already sent , notified the church and paid necessary dues. The event planner had been paid a deposit as I planned to travel on 20th Feb and now this. 

Timeline

Does this mean a review of our file or verification of submitted documents? I'm really shattered. Any hope as I learnt administrative processing takes longer years and most times not reliable ? What can we do now ? Pls need urgent help and contributions !

Don’t give up hope. Love will find a way.

Many end up with a 221g after their interview and are still approved.                                                          

Unfortunately, none of us really know what AP entails but yes, probably additional review of documents, security checks/screenings etc. The length of time in AP is also a mystery, it could be days, weeks or months. Also depending upon country of origin you could go through AP for a longer amount of time.

Now you and your loved one will have to be patient and wait, it’s a hard thing but will only be a small part of your lives together. Stay strong!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well not much you can do other than wait and see, might be an idea for your fiance also to join. Is he with you now or back in the US?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Thanks Boiler. She is presently in the US anticipating my arrival before this. I'm in Nigeria. Pls is this a refusal or what ? Can't this be resolved within a month ? What does the process entail pls ? 

1 hour ago, TrueSoul. said:

I saw the question was unevessary too as it seems age discrimination against my fiancees who is 26 yrs older than me. He had earlier collected the original of my divorce papers.

"Age discrimination"  LOL.  COs can ask anything related to your relationship.  It is very appropriate for the interviewing officer to ask an applicant about his/her fiancee's children.

1 hour ago, TrueSoul. said:

Pls dear visa journey mates this happened in Lagos consulate. Our wedding slated for 21st of March had been ruined after paying for reception venue , bought wedding dress, suits and shoes , invitation cards already sent , notified the church and paid necessary dues. The event planner had been paid a deposit as I planned to travel on 20th Feb and now this. 

It is NEVER wise to plan or pay for weddings.  This is an obvious drawback of the K-1.  People who want/need more control over their wedding plans are best suited to a CR-1.

There is nothing you can do whilst on AP except for wait, and give them any other documents they may ask for.

Is the American petitioner female and 26 years older than the Nigerian beneficiary?

Timeline

Thanks Jorgedis. I only suspected that reason you quoted because of the manner the Caucasian man whom I think was the Supervisor stopped the CO asking that question . Although I know that the CO has every right to ask any question and also I'm aware the CO can't give visa without the instruction of the Supervisor acting behind the scene. Always somewhere behind the white transoarent glass. Yes my American fiancée is 26 years older than me a Nigerian but honestly you can't believe her age when you see her she looks 54, smart , full of positive energy , intelligent and very beautiful. And we are genuinely in love with each other. My family members and my siblings love her so much and are in support of our relationship because she is so caring, loving, jovial , accommodating and a striking look because of her pretty looks. I appreciate your contributions and we will wait and continue to pray. Thanks. 

Timeline

All you can do now is wait and see what happens.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's hard to say how long the administrative review will take.  We often see K-1 denials for Nigeria when there is a big age difference as Nigeria is a high fraud country so cases are subjected to extra scrutiny.  The officers were clearly asking questions to try and determine if your relationship was bona fide.  How many times did your fiancee visit you?  How many days/weeks/months were you physically together in the last two years?  If you end up with a denial, your best chance for getting a US visa is to get married in Nigeria and your wife can then file for a spousal visa.  Before doing that though, make sure you have evidence of many visits and financial co-mingling to submit with the petition.  Hopefully you will get approved after the AP, but if not, keep trying with a CR-1.  Or she can move to Nigeria to live with you.  If your love is true, you will find a way to be together.  Good luck!

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do now but wait.   Did your fiancee meet you more that once during the visit?  Did she meet your family?  Did she ahve your mother's blessing?

10 hours ago, TrueSoul. said:

Our wedding slated for 21st of March had been ruined after paying for reception venue , bought wedding dress, suits and shoes , invitation cards already sent , notified the church and paid necessary dues. The event planner had been paid a deposit as I planned to travel on 20th Feb and now this. 

This was very bad to do.  Immigration will not conform to any plans.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
1 minute ago, emma24 said:

Not very helpful now is it? 😉

Well they might end up going that way so it would be time wasted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.